Hello all,

I've had my z30 for a little over two weeks. FYI, I bought it from a random phone store overseas and I'm now in London. Anyways, ever since I bought the phone, the touch screen becomes unresponsive (partially) at times. For example, after unlocking it (successfully from the first upward swipe), I try to click on the apps on my home screen... some click, and some simply do not respond. Sometimes it swipes to the right/left, sometimes it doesn't.

I end up having to turn the phone off and then on for it to work again. Sometimes I restart it twice before it works fine. This happens 1-2x a day on average. If anyone knows what could be causing this problem, please let me know. A friend of mine recommended the Z30, and so far I really like it, but this is starting to become a hassle.

Also, where do people usually take their blackberrys to get fixed? I've never seen a "blackberry store"! I can't take it to a network provider because I didn't buy it from here.

Thanks for the help.
    01-12-14 03:50 PM
    Sorry you're having issues with your z30 touch screen. Had mine for a month, purchased from Amazon no problems at all.
    01-12-14 07:22 PM
    Sometimes this is an app issue. I don't know what you have installed, so I can't know for sure
    Sometimes the OS is just buggy or a bad update/installation
    If so, backup, then do a security wipe
    01-12-14 07:29 PM
    My partner won a bid on ebay for a brand new Z30. First day we got it and switched it on, it had a software update. The touch screen was abit sticky and laggy, didn't think much but by the end of the day the bloody thing went kaput!! Switched itself off and went into this bootloop and just will not start. When we tried to reset it by the power button, a red hollow battery logo with an exclamation mark came up. Tried to charge it but the screen went all funny with fuzzy green striped lines running across the screen. Luckily we can send the phone back for a refund.
    Main problem with Blackberry is that the warranty is not with the phone or that it is not transferable. If anyone high up in Blackberry is reading this, you need to update your policy with regards to this warranty issue.
    01-12-14 08:07 PM
    If you buy off third party / after market it's even more likely for any device to not work right.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 08:21 PM
    If you buy off third party / after market it's even more likely for any device to not work right.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    That's like suggesting the seller may have damaged the phone before selling it which is impossible as it came in a factory sealed box!
    Nokia and many others offer a 2 year (NO HASSLE) warranty, why not BB?
    They can only go on to greater failure imo.
    01-13-14 10:19 AM
    That's like suggesting the seller may have damaged the phone before selling it which is impossible as it came in a factory sealed box!
    Nokia and many others offer a 2 year (NO HASSLE) warranty, why not BB?
    They can only go on to greater failure imo.
    There should be 1 year warranty applied if it's factory sealed...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-13-14 11:10 AM