The last few days are annoying the hell out of me. Every Web page I try to open and navigate through, tends to freeze up, change by itself, lag to death or otherwise crash.

Great OS update BlackBerry. You're going backwards instead of improving this joke of an OS!!!

I've yet to see the day at BlackBerry, when they release an OS that actually works right...the day it's released...

Typical.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    07-26-15 11:46 PM
    How many android apps are you running?

What OS are you on?

When was the last time you cleaned the browser cache? (Settings/ Privacy and Security /Clear History /Clear Cookies and Other Data)

Z30 stock browser is unbelievable. Absolutely horrible.-img_20150727_000349.png

How much memory do you have available?

Attachment 364370

" I do not think that word means what you think it means."
    clickitykeys and bungaboy like this.
    07-27-15 12:05 AM
    The stock browser is just fine. I use it all the time and it's great. Perhaps the problem is on your device rather than the stock browser as a whole. Making a broad based generalization like that will not help you solve the problem. Try the fix as indicated.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:44 AM
    The stock browser is just fine. I use it all the time and it's great. Perhaps the problem is on your device rather than the stock browser as a whole. Making a broad based generalization like that will not help you solve the problem. Try the fix as indicated.

Posted via CB10
    True. Like any browser there are sites from time to time which will not work well but in general blsckberrry browser works just fine

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:27 AM
    The website you are accessing is poorly written.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    07-27-15 07:53 AM
    How many android apps are you running?

What OS are you on?

When was the last time you cleaned the browser cache? (Settings/ Privacy and Security /Clear History /Clear Cookies and Other Data)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150727_000349.png 
Views:	2113 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	364369

How much memory do you have available?

Attachment 364370

" I do not think that word means what you think it means."
    How many Android apps do I have running?

One at a time.

I'm on the latest OTA update.

Clean my browser cache and history all the time.

I have 48 GB's of memory.

What does this all have to do with a Web page running correctly?

It seems like everything is optimized for iOS today, and no one gives a crap about anything related to BlackBerry.

I don't do "generalizations ".

It is what it is. It either works or it doesn't. I'm not going to sugar coat any issues just because I'm in a BlackBerry forum...

DJRikko likes this.
    07-27-15 08:05 AM

One at a time.

It seems like everything is optimized for iOS today, and no one gives a crap about anything related to BlackBerry.

It is what it is. It either works or it doesn't. I'm not going to sugar coat any issues just because I'm in a BlackBerry forum...

Dude, you're describing a problem with YOUR phone as though it's endemic to ALL Z30 devices. That's the very definition of a generalization!

Watch, I can do it, too! --> My Z30 browser works great! Web pages load fast with very few problems, if any. I'm glad BlackBerry took the time to make the best mobile browser out there!

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh, howards, koolaje and 7 others like this.
    07-27-15 08:24 AM

I believe they were asking about RAM in this instance, not storage capacity.
    07-27-15 08:32 AM

One at a time.

Jesus the toys really are coming out the pram today.

Latest OTA update is useless to us, type myver on your device and hit the space button when the green suggestion appears.
    07-27-15 08:44 AM
    @Pensa MK
    What happened before "The last few days..."? I take it you were satisfied? What changed between then and now? Etc., etc., etc.

If you're venting, I don't know how much love you'd get in this here Z30-centric forum.
    If you'd like help OTH, I think you're going about asking for it the wrong way. The way-more-capable people than me here may not feel inclined to so do.

Bonne chance.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 10:01 AM
    Watch, I can do it, too! --> My Z30 browser works great! Web pages load fast with very few problems, if any. I'm glad BlackBerry took the time to make the best mobile browser out there!

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Great browser.

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    07-27-15 10:21 AM
    Sorry for "venting " folks. Overall, I do like BlackBerry.

It's like this:

The device works great. However, after this update to the latest OTA update of the OS, I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with the "improvements" made.

The browser went from decent, to not so decent...just after the update.

Don't take me the wrong way here. I'm not trying to be arrogant or come across as a bully. I just hate it when BlackBerry says they improved something, and it ends up turning into several issues that start to pop up.

An update is supposed to be an improvement to the device, not going backwards.

Here's a question.

Is there any way someone can tell if the majority of Web pages or websites are designed to work with a BlackBerry OS? Literally speaking?

The reason I ask, is that a lot of websites or Web pages seem to work better on an Apple product than they do with a BlackBerry OS, such as BB10. They don't seem to play as nice with the OS as does an iOS environment.

Any thoughts, ideas, or insight to this?

07-27-15 11:08 AM
    I believe they were asking about RAM in this instance, not storage capacity.
    Correct
    Should have been clearer.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    07-27-15 11:12 AM
    I find the stock browser to be excellent. I hav etc clean out the cache regularly if I'm surfing a lot though. No biggie.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    07-27-15 11:13 AM
    Sorry for "venting " folks. Overall, I do like BlackBerry.

It's like this:

The device works great. However, after this update to the latest OTA update of the OS, I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with the "improvements" made.

The browser went from decent, to not so decent...just after the update.

Don't take me the wrong way here. I'm not trying to be arrogant or come across as a bully. I just hate it when BlackBerry says they improved something, and it ends up turning into several issues that start to pop up.

An update is supposed to be an improvement to the device, not going backwards.

Here's a question.

Is there any way someone can tell if the majority of Web pages or websites are designed to work with a BlackBerry OS? Literally speaking?

The reason I ask, is that a lot of websites or Web pages seem to work better on an Apple product than they do with a BlackBerry OS, such as BB10. They don't seem to play as nice with the OS as does an iOS environment.

Let us know what OS Version you're running
    We aren't all running the same builds
    Type myver into the comment box and hit the space bar, it will paste your OS and device model (STA) like this:
    Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339

You're most likely running 10.3.2.***
    07-27-15 11:16 AM
    My chrome in my Ipad Mini 2 keeps crashing all the time (even after cleaning the cache etc), opening as few as 4-5 tabs would be enough to crash it (with ios 8.4 and updated Chrome), not sure exactly why.

My Z30 browser though its been super, well sometimes some websites are too wide but few and far between, mostly been displayed correctly, and reader is the great last resort if the font was too little to read.

OP maybe you could try putting some example pages where it would load wrongly in your device, we'll compare to see if there's any difference.
    07-27-15 11:23 AM
    Perhaps you can share the websites that crash on your device? Maybe we others can check out and inform back if they work fine or they crash also.
    Till date,i have not encountered any crashing on the stock browser too.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-27-15 11:29 AM
    The stock browser works perfectly fine.
    07-27-15 12:14 PM
    I found the stock browser a little sluggish, but I quickly fixed that with' Browsie Browser'. Seems faster and has swipe gestures.

I started with the stock browser on 10.2 and found it slow for my tastes, even with the 10.3.2.2226 upgrade I still find the after market browser to be a fair bit quicker.

Posted via CB10
    Daanisawesome likes this.
    07-27-15 12:29 PM
    Perhaps you can share the websites that crash on your device? Maybe we others can check out and inform back if they work fine or they crash also.
    Till date,i have not encountered any crashing on the stock browser too.

Posted via CB10
    The OS I'm running is 10.3.2.2226.

I remember going on various sites and they freeze up or become totally unresponsive, even non- stop loading and reloading...like some sort of loop....

I can't remember which sites or pages I visited at the moment. I cleared my histy,etc so I can't say with certainty.

I do know it is quite frustrating that this HTML- 5 thing is supposed to be the norm now, and shouldn�t it work as if you're browsing from a desktop, with desktop type performance?

07-27-15 12:38 PM
    As far as RAM is concerned, I have whatever the device comes with...2 GB's of ram. It's not like I could expand it anyhow....

07-27-15 12:39 PM

Here's a question.

OS does not load any web pages - web browser does it.
    I also have iPhone 6+ and I do not see that it would load any web pages better than my z30. The speed of loading a website depends from your internet (data) speed.
    By the way if you open few tabs on iPhone's Safari and you try to switch between them it will reload Web page, so in what universe is it better? The other thing is on BlackBerry Browser is if you have turned on desktop mode it stays like that in all tabs untils you turn it off, not like in Safari where in every tab you have to switch to desktop mode..
    For me BlackBerry browser is far better than Apple Safari.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:52 PM
    As far as RAM is concerned, I have whatever the device comes with...2 GB's of ram. It's not like I could expand it anyhow....

There is 2GB in total. I can see either you completely don't understand what's being asked or you just jerking around.

In case you don't understand. Go to device manager, from left menu choose memory and you'll see like in my example:

Z30 stock browser is unbelievable. Absolutely horrible.-img_20150727_185358.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-27-15 12:55 PM

First of all BlackBerry Z30 has only 16GB models. So don't add your sd card's memory to the total amount.
    Secondly if your devices memory (16GB) is or nearly full then phone will be sluggish. Same applies to memory card even if that is full your device will be slower.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:00 PM
    9.1 GB's free memory, 4.08 used. Yes, I do know the difference between all of this. Also, when I say the "OS loads a Web page", I meant to say the browser. Indirectly, the OS loads it because if there were no OS, you wouldn't be loading anything.

As far as what I said about reloading, and loading again, some Web pages seem to not completely load up, give a blank screen in a matter of seconds, then reload the same page...over and over. This doesn't stop, until the browser is closed. Try reopening it...loops and loops over and over again.

The dumbest thing I ever encountered on a smartphone.

Attachment 364427
    07-27-15 01:17 PM
68 123