Hey guys... is there a setting, or a hack, to keep the status bar ( Battery, BT Icon, Time, Signal, Carrier, etc...) at the top of the screen active while all apps are running? It kinda makes me nuts to go looking for the time of day or signal why I am using Maps, Music, etc...
    03-02-14 07:03 PM
    There's nothing easier than doing a little half swipe up....
    Plus not having the status bar on top saves screen space.
    Oh? No, there's No way nor hacks

From my White Z30
    03-02-14 07:28 PM
    What about have the date stay up top or on that status bar, that would be cats ***

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:09 PM
    Level 2, that's a feature I miss from other phones, so you're not alone in wanting this feature. I check the top status bar quite often, so it's more convenient for me to always have it showing even when an app is opened.

There's nothing easier than doing a little half swipe up....
    Sure, it's easy but when a person checks the top status bar as often as I do it starts to become inconvenient to do so all the time. It's the same inconvenience as manually checking your emails every few minutes instead of having it conveniently pushed to you.

It's easy to manually check emails, but if you get emails often then it's more convenient to have it pushed to you. This is the same for me with the top status bar. It's much more convenient for me to have it always showing instead of manually checking it all the time.

Plus not having the status bar on top saves screen space.
    IMO it doesn't save that much screen space because it doesn't take up that much screen space. That is why I didn't think the full screen feature was too useful. For me it took away a very useful feature of always seeing the top status bar without adding much screen space in return. On the Z30 it makes even less sense to not have it because the 5 inch screen has plenty of space for a permanent status bar.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    03-02-14 08:36 PM
    In reality you CANT please everyone, and unfortunately for you, you 2 fall into that category for now

From my White Z30
    03-02-14 09:21 PM
    Now, there is actually a way of having the status bar all the time....
    Do everything from the hub, that way you don't forget the time every second, nor the signal, nor the battery juice level.....
    That's the only solution for you for now

From my White Z30
    03-02-14 09:26 PM
    Thanks Guys... and after almost 3 years, it is good to be back on a BB.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    03-03-14 09:11 AM
    In reality you CANT please everyone, and unfortunately for you, you 2 fall into that category for now

From my White Z30
    lol go suck on some meatballs. People brag on how easy it is with the peek and flow but get all worked up when somebody hates on anything that BB hasn't implemented to make things a bit easier and end up assuming we are lazy because we dont want to swipe up to access some simple info that some of us feel should be visible most of the time.

I too am annoyed on how the status bar works... I hated it on Windows Phone also.
    03-03-14 09:34 AM
    Geez guys, I just want to know what time it is while I am using navigation and driving...
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    03-29-14 06:21 AM
    Geez guys, I just want to know what time it is while I am using navigation and driving...
    Sounds like a reasonably valid request. There are times when I've wanted the upper status bar to remain. Perhaps BB could implement an option in the OS that allows users to set the status bar to always show. That would be AWESOME! Sorry...little things in life.
    03-29-14 09:46 AM