Hi everyone,

I've never sideloaded anything before on my Z30 so now I need the advice, read: help, of the much smarter and technological adept CB community.

I am trying to sideload an application for work, its called Sidecar: Drive.
    Thus far I have done the following: Entered Developer Mode, and have gotten my device connected via the Chrome Extension BB10/Playbook App Manager. Thats pretty much it.
    I know there are other steps like getting the APK files for the app and such. But I have hit a dead end. I don;t know if I just can't figure it out or if its just too late at night for me to think straight. Any information anyone could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    ~Dan
    02-25-14 01:52 AM
    Hi everyone,

I've never sideloaded anything before on my Z30 so now I need the advice, read: help, of the much smarter and technological adept CB community.

I am trying to sideload an application for work, its called Sidecar: Drive.
    Thus far I have done the following: Entered Developer Mode, and have gotten my device connected via the Chrome Extension BB10/Playbook App Manager. Thats pretty much it.
    I know there are other steps like getting the APK files for the app and such. But I have hit a dead end. I don;t know if I just can't figure it out or if its just too late at night for me to think straight. Any information anyone could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    ~Dan
    If you've gotten that far, all you need is the downloaded apk or bar file - open that folder location, drag and drop the app apk/bar into the top right corner box in Chrome. Should install immediately.

If you have 10.2.1.xxxx, download Snap and sideload that instead, then you can use Snap to install anything, just like using BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:23 AM
    If you've gotten that far, all you need is the downloaded apk or bar file - open that folder location, drag and drop the app apk/bar into the top right corner box in Chrome. Should install immediately.

If you have 10.2.1.xxxx, download Snap and sideload that instead, then you can use Snap to install anything, just like using BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Thanks to Everyone!

I just got Snap installed on my Z30 but I do not yet have 10.2.1.xx yet. I'm on Verizon and they have not sent it to the Z30s yet.
    It works perfectly fine, but when I download and install the app, it says "Android installer not found on device. Please ensure you are running a compatible version of BlackBerry 10"
    Should I assume that I need to wait for 10.2.1 in order to install this?

Thanks again!
    02-26-14 12:53 AM
    Thanks! Thanks to Everyone!

I just got Snap installed on my Z30 but I do not yet have 10.2.1.xx yet. I'm on Verizon and they have not sent it to the Z30s yet.
    It works perfectly fine, but when I download and install the app, it says "Android installer not found on device. Please ensure you are running a compatible version of BlackBerry 10"
    Should I assume that I need to wait for 10.2.1 in order to install this?

Thanks again!
    Correct - 10.2.1 is required in order to use Snap since it downloads and installs Android apps directly on device. Any OS older than 10.2.1 will need the Android app apk files converted to bar before sideloading; and can be downloaded in bar format if you want to skip converting.
    02-26-14 01:12 AM
    Correct - 10.2.1 is required in order to use Snap since it downloads and installs Android apps directly on device. Any OS older than 10.2.1 will need the Android app apk files converted to bar before sideloading; and can be downloaded in bar format if you want to skip converting.
    Gotcha. Thanks. Guess I'll pester VZW to see where 10.2.1 is....lazy bastards...
    Thanks for your help!
    02-26-14 01:33 AM
    You may want to try my Snap Installer. A one click solution to install Snap on your device!

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taller-902493/
    02-26-14 05:06 PM
    Gotcha. Thanks. Guess I'll pester VZW to see where 10.2.1 is....lazy bastards...
    Thanks for your help!
    It will be a week or more until Verizon releases the next version, but in the meantime, you can install the updated OS on your own.
    See:
    BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    02-26-14 05:29 PM
    You may want to try my Snap Installer. A one click solution to install Snap on your device!

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taller-902493/
    Thanks!
    I got Snap to work on my BB but I can't get the Application I need to install. Will your program install the app I need?
    02-27-14 01:15 AM
    Maybe you be more specific on what app you want to install. Is it an android app? Or a Blackberry app?

Do you have a downloadlink to the app?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:22 AM
    Maybe you be more specific on what app you want to install. Is it an android app? Or a Blackberry app?

Do you have a downloadlink to the app?

Posted via CB10
    It is an Android app. I do not have the download link unfortunately. I just wish I had 10.2.1 then it would work fine. Lazy VZW.
    02-27-14 01:31 AM
    Dan Felice/ :
    1/step one : go to your PC, download Sachesi
    2/ open the Sachesi app and search for the 10.2.1.xx OS from Germany/UK, for your phone model
    3/ click download all
    4/connect your blackberry phone
    5/wait until the device software is installed and your password request comes up. Be patient.
    6/put your password in and wait.
    7/ in your Sachesi app click install.
    8/ it will direct you to the folder where you have downloaded the OS automatically.
    9/click ok at the bottom.of the window
    It will load.
    It will take a while. When installed, reboot.
    Snap should now work..if not delete and re-imstall snap. Download the app that you want.

You should know though that even after all this, your app may still not work. Not all app work.
    Good luck.

Posted via Z30.
    02-28-14 06:40 AM