Like the note 2 does

This is arguably one of the best features available on any phone

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:02 AM
    Like the note 2 does

Posted via CB10

Agreed!!!!!
    It would be a very useful feature. I'd love it...
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-17-13 03:05 AM
    Agreed!!!!!
    It would be a very useful feature. I'd love it...
    is a 5" screen really been enough to use screen splitting though, seriously i don't even think the note II is big enough in some ways unless its in landscape
    08-17-13 11:11 AM
    is a 5" screen really been enough to use screen splitting though, seriously i don't even think the note II is big enough in some ways unless its in landscape
    Agreed. With BB10's flow and multitasking features having split-screen isn't as useful.

I've played around with it on a Note and S4 and find it more of a gimmick than utilitarian.
    I have yet to find a moment where I wish it existed...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:23 AM
    Not that fussed about s splitting on a phone tbh. Nice to have I guess, but no biggy.
    08-18-13 09:13 AM
    It's a nice feature, will be good to have it on the Z30!

Sent from my Z10
    08-18-13 09:21 AM
    Sure it should, to complement the mobile computing experience using it with an external screen.

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    08-19-13 12:50 AM
    Hzhzh

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 01:48 PM
    I'd say it would be cool if you turned the phone landscape and could 'swipe' two of the active frame to the left and the right and this would 'open' them up and be side to side on the screen. I am trying to explain it as if the screen works like windows 7 where you just move the Window to the right/ left and autopopulates to half the screen.

Obviously the home screen would have to work in landscape mode so that is a whole nother battle.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:00 PM
    Agreed. With BB10's flow and multitasking features having split-screen isn't as useful.

I've played around with it on a Note and S4 and find it more of a gimmick than utilitarian.
    I have yet to find a moment where I wish it existed...

Posted via CB10
    It might not be as practical on a phone but I can tell you that on the Note 10.1 it's flippin' awesome!
    08-20-13 01:07 AM
    I'd love to see it. Whether it's as useful on a 5" screen or not. I'd rather have the option to not use it than to just simple not have the feature.

Can we have a landscape mode as well too BlackBerry please???

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 09:50 PM
    Split screen on my Z10 is pretty cool; I use Web Splitter for that. I would love for something like that to be native on the Z30.
    08-22-13 01:05 AM
    I'd love to see it. Whether it's as useful on a 5" screen or not. I'd rather have the option to not use it than to just simple not have the feature.

Can we have a landscape mode as well too BlackBerry please???

Posted via CB10
    I was going to say something very similar, if i was BlackBerry i would definitely investigate the time and effort to bring this feature to fruition and see if it is a viable addition to the OS, take the Samsung route of 1million features means there is a feature for everyone.
    See how the hardware copes with a bloated OS

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    08-22-13 08:37 PM
    We don't need stupid gimmicks. We are BlackBerry, we don't need to degrade ourselves by using useless features. OP should be ban from this forum for even thinking about this subject.

Gimmicks! Gimmicks! Gimmicks! Gosh, I'm tired of this bullsh*t attitude that brought BlackBerry to this mess in the first place. I'm assuming you guys taught that touch screen was a gimmick too in 2007 right?

We already can't compete against the big boys with apps and now on top of that we need to handicap ourselves by limited our potential by not bring flashy features just because some folks don't see the use of it.

I'm not saying bring all the gimmicks in the world to the platform but when you get the chance to integrate a feature that seems relatively simple to add and have some sort of benefits like split screen, why would you deny such a chance?

Enough with the gimmicks! If they are helping other platforms become successful, why should we ignore it?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:53 PM
    This is one feature I love on my S4 its just great!
    08-24-13 07:04 PM
    Most important would be split screen/dual screen with HDMI/Miracast out so that the device screen and external screen can show separate things (then add external input through external touch screen or mouse to control it as well).

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 03:02 AM
    I think it would definitely be useful. Along with being able to simply slide between apps like you could on the PlayBook. That to me is real multitasking.

Using a mortgage calculator while looking at spreadsheets. Just like I can do on my laptop. Reading CB10 while a YouTube video plays. Sliding from my texts into my phone app and being able to select to call from my Contact lists. Now that would be heaven for me!
    fanisk likes this.
    08-26-13 12:01 AM
    Like the note 2 does

Posted via CB10
    I'm not an Android guy myself, but I do like this idea on the Galaxy a lot. I could see myself on a plane casually watching a tv show while deleting emails.
    08-26-13 03:38 PM
    I have this on my Note II that I've had since the day it was available. Have never once used this feature. Not that I'd care if it was there for the people who want it, just saying it's not something I need.
    Fnord likes this.
    08-27-13 04:09 AM
    Will be definitely usefull!

Sent from my Z10
    08-29-13 09:15 AM