I'm not sure what I'm doing differently but going from the Z10 to Z30, I have noticed visible scratches on the Z30's screen that won't go away. Kind of bugs me when the screen is off as I notice small things like that, wondering if anyone else is having that problem. I don't think the Z10's screen ever scratched or had scratches visible enough. Definitely from my pants pocket.

Considering the flip case now to keep the screen safe when going in and out of my pocket. Otherwise an insane phone for battery life and sound, loving it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:04 PM
    Well, protection is never enough is it?

I used to have this brand of protectors on my legacy devices. They do as they promise:

Skinomi� TechSkin - BlackBerry Z30 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield

And welcome to the forums!
    ajst222 and TrueKulcha like this.
    01-11-14 09:12 PM
    I used a flip case + a screen protector for 3 months. Not even an indent on the protector.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:02 PM
    I had a little scratch that I noticed so I put a screen protector on and it doesn't show now.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10./ 10.2.1.1925 radio 1899
    01-11-14 10:12 PM
    What protector did you guys end up using?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:16 PM
    Yeah I noticed I have tons of small scratches when I tilt the phone at an angle. This is the most prone scratched phone I've ever owned I think. Really bugs me and want to find a way if their's a way I can get rid of them.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:17 PM

I used to have this brand of protectors on my legacy devices. They do as they promise:

I have always used my phones naked..the manufacturer should release devices whose screen do not scratch easily not the customers put rubber on them because they want to save few bucks.
    Mine was the BlackBerry one the carriers sell.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10./ 10.2.1.1925 radio 1899
    How are all of you scratching your phones so easily?

Posted via CB10
    xhead75, illlya and Pdinos3 like this.
    01-12-14 12:54 AM
    I've dropped mine a few times and only have a small mark on the chin peice. Screen is still mint. 2 months and counting.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    the design of the screen is scratch prone as it is, no raised bezels to stop the screen from scratching (like the z10 has) just rounded "water fall" edges
    01-12-14 01:57 AM
    My screen is in perfect condition and I have no case or protection. I'm not sure how you're all scratching your screens so easily. Do you keep it in a coat pocket with house keys?

It's actually a serious question. I'm perplexed.

Posted via CB10
    illlya and TrueKulcha like this.
    01-12-14 02:03 AM
    My screen is in perfect condition and I have no case or protection. I'm not sure how you're all scratching your screens so easily. Do you keep it in a coat pocket with house keys?

It's actually a serious question. I'm perplexed.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Pants pocket and nothing else in the pocket. I have no idea! I've never even dropped on the phone either...

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:05 AM
    I have two small scratches on mine. Pretty sure they came from falling out of my car's center console when I took a rather hard left turn one night. Which was about two weeks after I bought the phone. -_-

It really only bugs me because my Lumia 928's screen is flawless after 8 months with no protection.
    Now that is one slippery phone! I have dropped/had it slide off my lap between the seats of my wife's car while she was driving several times. The polycarbonate back is scratched up a bit but not a single scratch on the screen.

Hard for me to blame the phone or BlackBerry, though. My Lumia was my first phone I went without any protection and it worked out fine. Took the gamble with my Z30 and lost -=/

Posted via CB10/Z30
    01-12-14 02:06 AM
    I usually have always used my phones with screen protector and case that was when I was using the Z10, my friend then started to use the phone without it.

Then I realized how clear the screen is without the screen protector (anti-finger print). So started to use my Z30 without and none scratches so far

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:31 AM
    I have always used my phones naked..the manufacturer should release devices whose screen do not scratch easily not the customers put rubber on them because they want to save few bucks.
    Whatever rocks your boat.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-12-14 09:41 AM
    I got a custom made ghost armor screen protector put on right after I bought it. Also got them to put a clear one over the chin. So nothing has ever touched the screen. I work in construction so I also have an otterbox defender to use over that protection on weekdays. On weekends, the defender comes off and I use the commuter. Gotta protect this baby. When ghost armor finally came out with an official one, they installed it for free. No questions asked. I'm in Toronto and a few malls have a kiosk where they do the installing for you.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-12-14 10:21 AM

I will definitely vouch for Skinomi. They're great.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:44 AM
    They do...it's called Gorilla Glass, and I believe the Z30 is Gorilla Glass. I don't own one so I can't speak about the Z30 specifically but I have owned other phones with Gorilla Glass and it does a very good job on its own protecting the screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:47 AM
    Got the matte ghost armour screen protector on it a few days ago. Got it installed at the mall kiosk. The best 20 bucks you can spend, looks awesome, no fingerprint marks. Cant go wrong.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-12-14 11:01 AM
    Got the matte ghost armour screen protector on it a few days ago. Got it installed at the mall kiosk. The best 20 bucks you can spend, looks awesome, no fingerprint marks. Cant go wrong.
    Great suggestion. I've used my z10 naked for almost a year now and the screen still in great shape despite using it in a construction environment almost entirely and dropping it a few times and was hoping I could expect that with the z30 as well. However, considering the z30 screen runs right out and around the edge and corners, I think a little extra protection is in order.
    01-12-14 11:39 AM
    To the OP. This may be dumb to ask, but did you take of the factory screen protector? My protector scratched easily with it on, but since I took it off I find it nearly impossible to scratch the glass. In fact I can't find a single blemish at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:18 PM
    I had samsung with gorilla glas full of scratches thanks to keys, wallet, sand and what ever. My z30 none thanks to a screen protector

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    With the amount of "care" some put into their spelling, you need to ask?
    01-12-14 05:02 PM
    I got a custom made ghost armor screen protector put on right after I bought it. Also got them to put a clear one over the chin. So nothing has ever touched the screen. I work in construction so I also have an otterbox defender to use over that protection on weekdays. On weekends, the defender comes off and I use the commuter. Gotta protect this baby. When ghost armor finally came out with an official one, they installed it for free. No questions asked. I'm in Toronto and a few malls have a kiosk where they do the installing for you.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Really!? Sweet! I'm going to go take a look for one myself. To me this is an investment and if you look after your things, your things look after you.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-12-14 05:08 PM
32 12