I have a Z30 that I've been using for two years now, got it in November 2013 through Bell. This week, I noticed that the original Passport price went down to $99 for a 2 year term, down from $249.99 just last week! Plus I had a $50 credit from Bell, so figured, it's a steal, let's try the Passport! Picked up the Passport two days ago. I used to use a Bold 9700 and the physical keyboard was nice returning to.

While the Passport is an amazing device, I can't help but wonder if I should go back to my trusty Z30. The Z30 virtual keyboard was lightning fast to type on, and it was easy to use one-handed. The Passport I am typing this on now feels great to push the physical keys, but typing speed is nowhere near the Z30. Passport is virtually impossible to use one-handed as well. I'm still testing out the battery though, and today will be my first day trying out the device for work to see how the battery lasts. I'm trying to keep the Passport use below the 50MB data use and 30 minute talk time to keep it returnable, just in case.

To make a long story short, has anyone gone from the Z30, to the Passport, and then back to the Z30? If so, what were your reasons? Will the Passport's physical keyboard get easier with time?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:57 AM
    That's the olderst BB10 keyboard argument out there and pretty much sums up to:
    Virtual BB10 keyboard >> speed
    Physical BB10 keyboard >> accuracy

They also said the original Passport's keyboard needs some "breaking in" and keys do get easier to press after some use (Silver edition comes 'tamed' already).

Keep using it, I'm sure you'll come around to which device you prever!
    08-20-15 09:36 AM
    I was on Z30 for a year, then upgrade came and went to att passport. I was very slow at first. Its been alot of years since I would bang out alot of email on the Curve keyboard. After a couple months I am faster on the Passport. It takes time but the keyboard is great. Its doable and the advantages of the Passport do outshine a slab.
    08-20-15 09:54 AM
    I was on Z30 for a year, then upgrade came and went to att passport. I was very slow at first. Its been alot of years since I would bang out alot of email on the Curve keyboard. After a couple months I am faster on the Passport. It takes time but the keyboard is great. Its doable and the advantages of the Passport do outshine a slab.
    Well it's really nice to hear that it's possible for someone to actually be faster on the Passport over the Z30!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:23 AM
    No I don't think I am Faster than the Z30 just faster than I was on the first week of the Passport. I dont know how much slower I am. I could grab the Z30 and find out but I really dont care.
    08-21-15 08:06 AM
    Yeah, even just after a few days with the new Passport, I already feel my typing speed getting faster. Less and less do I want to go back to my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:10 AM
    I had a Z30 before I got my Passport a year ago. My wife has a Z30 and I've used it here and there and I can't do it. Have to stick with the Passport. I too can still type quicker on the Z30 but the Passport feels better and as previously stated is more accurate.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    08-23-15 12:25 AM
    Okay well just yesterday I went back to Bell and returned the Passport. Instead, picked up a Classic

We'll see how this goes!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 08:48 AM
    I switched 1 month ago and it took me pretty much that amount of time to make the transition. No way I go back to the Z now. Yes the PP is a two handed typing device but so many more advantages for a business user.

Best of luck with your decision.

Posted via CB10 using PP SE
    08-23-15 09:19 AM
    Z30 user here that picked up a Passport at launch. Gave it a fair shake for three weeks then back to the Z30.

Love and cannot do without in-key word completion, not the columns. Did not look back.

Z30 stolen last week so now back on work Passport solely, missing my in-key word completion!

Z30 is the one... but do love the screen and 1080p/60fps video recording of the Passport. Want an upgraded Zx0.
    08-23-15 10:04 PM
    I have the Passport, Z30 and Z10. All are good in their respective ways. I want to love my Passport but these touch phones on 10.3.2. are very good and the form factor for me seems to be winning out. May give the Passport another go. We will see for now it's Z10 and 30 due to form factor.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:01 AM
    I have a Z30 and a Passport. My main issue is anytime I use my Z for anything it just feels to small now. I love my Z but the Passport design has defiantly made it hard for me to use any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:07 AM