I went around the local mall today and hit the Bell, Rogers and Telus stores. Every rep I spoke to only had good things to say about the Passport and everyone said that it's a huge step up from the Z30. I'm starting to become interested in this phone. I might end up owning one soon!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    anon(9673419) likes this.
    10-10-14 04:47 PM
    I took a look at a passport just the other day in person for the first time at Telus and BestBuy. I'm not sure if the phone will work for me because of the size (width). Of course, because of the security tether (that was retractable and wanting to pull the phone away from me) I couldn't really get an accurate sense as to how it truly feels.
    To be honest, my biggest draw to the passport has to do with it being the best spec'd bb phone. It's the first phone since bb10 launched where it literally has everything bb has ever offered in a bb10 phone to date - no compromise. Secondary to that is the form factor - I know my eyes would enjoy a big square screen for docs and web browsing (just not sure my hands will). Third down the list is the keyboard....but not for what you might think (pounding out emails, texts etc) but for the convenience of speed dial. It's what I miss the most from my BB Tour. It didn't have wifi, or a touch screen but I could long press a myriad of buttons to dial a number. It was super convenient and something I've really missed with a full touch device....but I can't do without the screen real-estate now.
    But I'm going to exercise patience as I'll wait until 10.3.1 comes out (2015?) and to see how it changes my perception of my z10. I love my z10 (not even 2yr old yet) but I need better battery life like what the z30 and passport can deliver. what I'm really hoping is that a new full touch will be announced in 2015. Then I'll compare THAT with the Passport.
    10-10-14 06:55 PM
    I am a q10 user and while I really like my q10, the small screen is starting to get to me. I'm going to upgrade soon but since I'm on tmobile I will have to buy the phone outright. So my question is should I get the z30 or wait till the passport comes out and get that? I really like the keyboard but I think I can do without it. Any suggestions?
    I have been using a Z30 for a year now and it is likely still the best phone on the market today, except perhaps for the Passport. Previously I had Blackberry slider with keyboard. First I tried typing on the Z10 and the virtual keyboard was too small for me, but typing on the Z30 was a breeze. If I were you, I would first try typing on both the Z30 and Passport before making a decision.
    10-10-14 07:04 PM
    I am going through the same "dilemma" these days. Should I choose th Z30 or the Passport? To be honest, the Passport appeals more to me, and having played with it, I must admit it's very sexy.
    12-17-14 04:38 AM
    I was actually thinking about that.
    Some of the smartest advice I've heard on this forum....Cheers!
    07-30-15 09:49 AM
    I am going through the same "dilemma" these days. Should I choose th Z30 or the Passport? To be honest, the Passport appeals more to me, and having played with it, I must admit it's very sexy.
    I bought the Passport over the Z30, in belief that when cross shopping the Z30 there may have been better options.
    07-30-15 09:51 AM
    After two Passport attempts, I now use a Z30 (and a Classic), and I must say it is quite ok. The call quality seems, however, better on the Classic, in fact best of all the phone I have tried. I am currently using a Z30, mostly for the size of the screen, but I think I will switch back to the Classic soon. Best phone ever. See what the future brings, but in light of the new developments with BlackBerry, I don't get my hopes high for a high-end device. I will not buy a BlackBerry Android phone.
    07-31-15 03:42 AM
    Came from a z10, same dilemma, passport or z30, went for the z30.

passport was just way to big and clunky for me.

What I got as an upgrade from z10 to z30, in real world and actual use, just a bigger screen. I am not saying I am not happy with it

Posted via CB w/ my Zed30
    07-31-15 04:11 AM
    Get whatever will work for you!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    08-01-15 10:26 AM
    Either way you can't lose

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:44 PM
    I choos passport.

It had Lovely QWERTY KEYBOARD!
    08-01-15 09:37 PM
    I recently switched to Passport from Z30 and now after 2 weeks of use I will not go back. You need some time to get used to the form factor but once that's done there's absolutely no comparison!!
    08-02-15 09:11 AM
    Keyboard is different than Classis obviously and takes time to get used to. Coming from Z30 is going to take some patience and desire to learn the Keyboard.
    08-02-15 04:06 PM
    I guess I can speak on this for most since I have both. If you use your phone to stream video content (netflix/crackle) you will be a bit disappointed w/ the Passport. The other issue is that the Z30 is an amazing "one hand" device and the passport needs both when hammering out messages.
    The passport as a business phone rocks though. I can honestly say it keeps me ahead of my competition regularly.

Message me on twitter if you have specific questions.
    @bluerockcharles

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:01 AM
    Recently just picked up the Passport. Wow, this device is definitely going to take some getting used to! Seems like the device will be good, only issue is getting used to not being able to use to device one handed anymore. But the physical keyboard definitely feels nice!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 11:29 AM
    bought Z30 on 15 Dec 2015. I upgraded from BB OS 7. Two options were studied BB passport and BB Z30, and after long thinking time I decided to take Z30 and I don't regret this.
    I tested Passport on someone and at the beginning I was amazed. There is no doubt that is a freaky beautiful beast.

The form was my key factor and the daily usage needs. For example I don't wear a jacket every time inside company, I'm more with business casual style, and I cannot cary in my trousers pocket something this big and I don't like to cary the phone all day in my hand like a chick that does not wear something with pockets or forgot her bag somewhere. I need to chek my phone very often and if I have a big phone in my pocket, this is very uncomfortable.

Another thing is the one-hand usage...take the phone out, unlock, read and answer fast. With Passport if you carry something in one hand you must stop, put down, remove the phone.... Nightmare for me.
    Also the electronic keyboard is by far the fastest way...at least for me, so I didn't needed something on my phone that is slowing me down. The only thing i'm missing is the ability to scroll in all direction only by touching the keyboard...
    So Z30 is for me, great phone and OS (10.3.2.).
    12-17-15 03:13 AM
    When in doubt I let the price decide. Z30 hands down!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 12:53 AM
    I've had a z10, q10, z30, and I now own a classic and passport. If you do a lot of gaming or constantly like to watch media then go z30. If not, passport every time. The screen is much better, it's so nice to have the keyboard, the specs are better and it just looks amazing. I'd say battery life is about equal so that's not a deciding factor, but the passport has the wow factor and gets the looks

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 01:17 AM
    I concur with timee80...
    I had the z10 (which I gave away later), got to play with the Q10 for a while but found the screen too small, bought the Z30 and loved it... but then moved to the Passport.

I love my Passport, but I do miss my Z30.

Both are great phones. It all depends on what form factor you're looking for that will work for you.

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    12-19-15 08:08 AM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-19-15 09:55 AM
    When in doubt I let the price decide. Z30 hands down!

Posted via CB10
    Well, they're both the same price on swappa now lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    Attachment 385144
    12-20-15 01:15 PM
    I have both. Just off a week on the Z30. Was travelling and form factor lends itself well to catching up on TV series, movies in transit. Also, did not wish to risk losing or damaging my PPSE. Still really like the Z30. Specs on PPSE only thing that has me on fence between the two i.e. 32gb internal for installs, processor speed and camera. Even with that Z30 still makes it a tough decision.
    My ideal BlackBerry would be PP with vkb i.e. Z50. :-)

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-15 03:57 AM
    Nah...I'll stick with Z30 and virtual keyboard. PKB won't do justice with me :P

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    12-21-15 02:01 PM
    It's definitely a tough decision. I have both z30 and passport
    Currently using the passport for two weeks now. There's definitely pro's to the big phone and cons.

We'll see when summer gets here how the passport works out when it's shorts tank tops and flip flops out on the boat size might become a problem with less clothing on and being on the go more.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:53 PM
    Totally agree with this. I switched to a Z30 a the typing experience was horrible so I went back to my passport
    10-02-16 02:24 PM
50 12