For most BlackBerry users the Z30 makes sense. For most everyone else interested in a phablet type device... it doesn't even exist.

And if someone does happen to see one in the very select group of carriers that have them.... it doesn't "look" very special next to a Samsung S5 (same price on Verizon), the screen is much dimmer and while many say you can't notice the pixel difference... there is some kind of difference. For 50% of consumers the battle is lost right there. Then if you get to the specs..... I know they don't all matter - it's the performance. So forget about dual core vs quad core, or 1.7Mhz vs 2.5Mhz, or 8MP vs 16MP... but some specs that are performance issues "

• S5 is IP67 certified - Dust and water Resistant (how many people have had a phone damaged by water)
    • Battery Life that some are soooooooooo stuck on the good old day. With a smaller battery the S5 is rated higher on both Talk Time and Standby Time.
    • USB 3.0 is better than USB 2.0 and something people do use - I know when transferring files to my Z10 I wish I could do it much faster.
    • Wi-Fi using AC standards is becoming the new standard. It's been out for over a year now, and the prices for the routers are now reasonable.
    • Additional Sensors - Barometer, Fingerprint, Heart Rate, IrLED.... not sure how many would use these, but they are "extras"
    • Biggest is the Google Mobile Services - IF a sales person knew about the unofficial current ability to download apps from Amazon or to sideload SNAP. It's very doubtful they would even try to explain it - and if they did management would most likely stop them. When something is not official, there is usually a reason - in other words it might go away. Never mind it is far from a 100% solution.

Not saying the Z30 isn't a great device, or that I wouldn't choose it over the S5. But it is six months old - which in mobile device years puts it middle aged (my Z10 is a grandpa). Just that for most of the world outside of CrackBerry it should be pretty easy to understand why the Z30 is being overlooked.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-07-14 10:34 AM
    Haha, I agree with you - I think it's a question of educating people, or the message not getting through. Either way, it is lacking at all levels from the carrier to the consumer.

I couldn't upgrade to a Z30 through O2 in the UK, I had to buy one SIM free. they cited poor sales of the Z10 and Q10 for their reason. None of my friends know about the Z30 and really the only reason I know about it is because of this site...

Most important point though seems to be lack of creativity in advertising or brand image.
    yes. notice one thing, next time you watch recent BB10 ad. although they speak what they have to, but the way they present it-
    is like a 75 year old not so funny and boring professor speaking in least interesting manner. seriously, you will lose interest.

if you compare it with an apple ad, recent one, that kid making family movie while holding phone vertically(that was stupid) , they show more of people and less of the device, that's not good either, but people already know about iphones, so that doesn't really matters.

when ad is produced, it should have both- info + wow factor.
    bb ads has info, but no wow factor(except Q5, i liked it).

when you have to tranquilize a mad elephant, you need strong drug (info) and enough power to penetrate that thick skin (wow factor)
    if any of these two factors lack, you will most probably find that elephant running after you ( current Blackberry's situation )
    05-07-14 10:35 AM
    I've been waiting 2 weeks for z30 to come back into stock so i can buy one from a buddy at rim. It feels like BB doesn't even make z30 anymore!!!

it looks like another 2 weeks before i can get one.
    05-07-14 11:28 AM
    well, ok.
    but you don't have to treat smart phones like mini computers. smartphones are mini computers.
    also, why bring iPhone into it? avoid it if you don't like it.
    Would you agree that iphone is a very popular device? You probably would. Would you agree that it is classified as a smart phone? You probably would. You say all smart phones are mini computers......i was stating they are not and iphone happens to be a good example that we can all relate to. The z30, (BB10) and the iphone are 2 different animals once you leave the smart phone comparisons. I don't hate the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:30 AM
    Anyone saying BB10 doesnt have the best email/messaging is an donkey.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    05-07-14 11:31 AM
    I've been waiting 2 weeks for z30 to come back into stock so i can buy one from a buddy at rim. It feels like BB doesn't even make z30 anymore!!!

it looks like another 2 weeks before i can get one.
    We keep ordering through Rogers as we switch our company from z10 and Legacy devices to z30 devices. They keep showing up so they must still be making them. Honestly, I think the sales volumes are keeping up with BlackBerry ability to produce them, and that ability is not huge numbers on a monthly basis. So why advertise when you can't produce any faster and it will just attract more media bashing on a large scale. Stay out of the media, work sales on the government and corporate side, you will obtain some consumer sales through spin off, get your expenses under control, SHOW A PROFIT........and then advertise.....now the z30 will hit some consumers.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:46 AM
    The iphone is not a Phablet, Z30 is competing with phablets not the iphone.

#believeinfilm
    LOL! No offense, but I stopped reading your posts after this one. You people are crazy, comparing a smaller PHONE to a bigger PHONE? Blasphemy! I won't say the bigger one is rectangle either, I don't wanna get sued.

Why can't we all just agree that it's all relative? No one has the authority to state their opinion is a fact, regardless of the evidence. The Z30 might be great for those who want a solid communications device. But, it seems that the focus has shifted toward fun and games, which Blackberry hasn't really participated in. Add that to a few botched BB releases and you have a great communications tool (yes, this is my opinion) that people don't know about.

Buy what YOU like, not what interests others. Who cares what they think...
    dodger_moore likes this.
    05-07-14 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the input.
    05-07-14 12:01 PM
    It's pretty simple

Z30 Overlooked... Makes No Sense!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399483415.800307.jpg Z30 Overlooked... Makes No Sense!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399483424.858718.jpg

That's what people look for these days.

Twitter: xandermac
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    05-07-14 12:24 PM
    Better yet you need to dump T-Mobile and there bs once and for all. Get Verizon, network is incredible and at least they support every BlackBerry device.

It's also rumored that the Classic will be a Verizon exclusive in the beginning.

Can't wait for the Q20 Classic!

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy Gold and White Q10.
    jverdera likes this.
    05-07-14 12:27 PM
    It's pretty simple

That's what people look for these days.

Twitter: xandermac
    Well, crap. I guess I'm not "people." Yet, somehow, I knew I was different...

lol
    dodger_moore and Playbook007 like this.
    05-07-14 12:28 PM
    Iphone email is a complete joke and android isn't much better.

Even apple couldn't fix my "cannot sync email from server problem" on my ipad. So I said F*ck it and sold it. Done with apple. Done with google collecting and monitoring my info and data.

There is a reason the President uses a BlackBerry. BlackBerry for life.

05-07-14 12:30 PM
    Easy:

Does the Z30 have the biggest screen? No

Best screen? No

Highest specs? No

Best battery life? No

Apps? No

Accessories? No

So if I'd be fed up with my 9900 and want a Phablet, why would I choose Z30?

#believeinfilm
    The reason why the Z30 doesn't have the "highest" spec numbers is so that all the components work together with the greatest efficiency. For example, the Z30's 5" AMOLED screen is not a back-lit LCD like the Z10 so there is less of a drain drain on the battery. Other phones may have higher spec screens, but this mean that the battery may drain faster. Individual specs don't tell the whole story.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Playbook007 and dodger_moore like this.
    05-07-14 12:32 PM
    I don't see why anyone is surprised that the Z30 is being overlooked. It simply isn't all that competitive as a flagship smartphone when it comes to software features, application support, hardware specs or price. On top of that, it hasn't been marketed at all as far as I know and carriers have avoided it like the plauge.

What do people honestly expect? To see the Z30 fly off shelves despite all of those obvious concerns?
    05-07-14 12:38 PM
    BlackBerry should be selling unlocked BlackBerry 10 smartphones direct to consumers, prosumers, and small businesses. Why do we need to buy from a wireless carrier? The carriers only responsibility is to provide a communications channel.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    They are. Shopblackberry.com carries all of the device in the markets where the carriers have turned their backs. Now they need to tell people that their is a z30, and that you can buy it there.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 01:45 PM
    You obviously haven't owned one.....your a blind spec reader. A transport has more torque and power than a formula one car so it must be faster!

Posted via CB10
    with fans like you, i'd consider blackberry comparable to a short bus, if we're still using automobile metaphors that is...
    05-07-14 01:48 PM
    Iphone email is a complete joke and android isn't much better.

Even apple couldn't fix my "cannot sync email from server problem" on my ipad. So I said F*ck it and sold it. Done with apple. Done with google collecting and monitoring my info and data.

There is a reason the President uses a BlackBerry. BlackBerry for life.

what's wrong with android email? mine works fine
    05-07-14 01:49 PM
    It's overlooked because BlackBerry's marketing efforts are dismal.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-07-14 01:59 PM
    Ohhhh. I thought it was still a dual core processor. That would explain some of it. And the better sound would be nice.
    05-07-14 02:09 PM
    Thanks all for the replies to my question. I will look at the Z30 or successor once my Z10 is done or outdated. I did recently help a friend decide to ditch iOS and come back to BlackBerry after one of my fb posts about how horrible typing on my wife's iPhone was. After a little nudging he decided he'd get a Z10 but I nudged him to make sure to go try them both out in person. He was quick to say he'd ordered a Z30 after visiting the store. Score one for word of mouth!
    moody and ediggity like this.
    05-07-14 02:15 PM

Posted via CB10

Except for when it decides to delete 3 months worth of emails out of the blue.

#believeinfilm
    05-07-14 02:38 PM
    What ridiculous logic.

Posted via CB10
    What ridiculous response.

Posted using an ME173X
    05-07-14 02:53 PM
    That's your opinion of what people might think are important. I don't know anyone with a waterproof phone, or even anyone that needs one, and I work on a beach. Here's a list I put together of areas BB10 devices can claim best in class...

HDMI out? BB10 & a great many Android phones (albeit an adapter cable may be needed)
    Miracast? BB10 & many Android phones
    Best speaker quality? BB10 HTC One M8 - this isn't even debatable.
    I'm not going to go on. The Z30 is a fine phone that has many great features, but you can't pretend that it is the only phone that has them, because it definitely is not.
    05-07-14 02:54 PM
    Every OS except iOS has Miracast. It's not exclusive to BB10
    05-07-14 03:01 PM
    Z30 is the best.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-07-14 03:02 PM
379 ... 23456 ...