I thought I'd go to my local phone warehouse today to view a Z30.
    "You mean the Z10 they are over there" I was directed to the rear corner. "No" I said, "the Z30, it's the new BlackBerry all touch phone, it's about the same size as the Samsung S something or other"
    "I've not heard of it" he said, "Its advertised on your web site I said because I wanted to buy one sim free" having got his attention he went to his web site and then to his manager who apparently didn't know when they would be in and didn't know if any other branch had them. I explain that "they" had been selling them in Selfridges London all week.
    I said I am a BackBerry user and his reply was "So you're the one".
    I explained that there are millions of folk like me who also value a good product.
    My guess is you wouldn't have to think for to long to know what I did next.
    I have to ask why do BlackBerry put the launch in the hands of these ..........................
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-01-13 01:20 PM
    "You mean the Z10 they are over there" I was directed to the rear corner. "No" I said, "the Z30, it's the new BlackBerry all touch phone, it's about the same size as the Samsung S something or other"
    "I've not heard of it" he said, "Its advertised on your web site I said because I wanted to buy one sim free" having got his attention he went to his web site and then to his manager who apparently didn't know when they would be in and didn't know if any other branch had them. I explain that "they" had been selling them in Selfridges London all week.
    I said I am a BackBerry user and his reply was "So you're the one".
    I explained that there are millions of folk like me who also value a good product.
    My guess is you wouldn't have to think for to long to know what I did next.
    I have to ask why do BlackBerry put the launch in the hands of these ..........................
    It is very unfortunate, but, I know you were not surprised. Based on the threads being posted questioning whether or not to get a different non-Blackberry phone now or wait/continue using theirs, I see it getting worse before it gets better. While my Z10 still rocks!
    10-01-13 01:31 PM
    I blame BB more than them. BB should be making sure that stock is getting to the stores and has appropriate display material to accompany the phones
    10-01-13 01:32 PM
    I went to the showroom of an authorised retailer listed on the BlackBerry web site. I asked him about new 4G stock. He was blank. Then after some thought, he asked if I was referring BB 10 phones.

In another "authorised" showroom, there was a Z10 on display. But it was defective, with frozen screen. The salesmen were not aware of the upgrade patches.

There was a lump in my throat. But I have learnt to resolve such issues independently.
    10-01-13 01:59 PM
    I went to phones4u today asking about the Z30 the guy had no idea what I was talking about!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:09 PM
    That's bbs fault for releasing a new phone when they are starting the Damn sale if the company

Why would a rep want to sell a phone for a company that may exit consumer market. Good luck getting support for any complaints that come their way

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:43 PM
    That's bbs fault for releasing a new phone when they are starting the Damn sale if the company

Why would a rep want to sell a phone for a company that may exit consumer market. Good luck getting support for any complaints that come their way

Posted via CB10
    wow the miss information being spread around.

they are releasing only 4 consumer devices doesn't mean they are exiting its just not goign to be their focus, enterprise and prosumer are, a prosumer is a professional consumer, thus a consumer still but one looking more for productivity rather then games and multimedia like what iPhones and Androids are geared for.

By far the most common usage of the term describes the consumers, enthusiasts who buy products (almost always technical) that fall between professional and consumer grade standards in quality, complexity, or functionality. Prosumer also commonly refers to those products. Semiprofessional. "Prosumer" is a well-accepted category for camcorders, digital cameras, VCRs, "and other video playthings."[1] These advanced product features and higher prosumer expectations lend themselves to increased customizing in Toffler's product-improvement sense.
    taken from
    Prosumer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-01-13 04:22 PM
    "I've not heard of it" he said,
    Can't blame all this on BlackBerry! There are way to many working in sales - that should never bee there at all - they have NO knowledge about what they sell - and they have NO interest in their job... way to many lunies in sales positions ...

Of course marketing can be debated up and down, but you find the same lack of knowledge when it comes to computer sales, washing machines - stoves... not to talk about food... start asking serious questions about what is sold at the grocery - perhaps the boss knows - most likely not... they can't even name a lot of what they sell - like type of fish, fruit etc...

The Best place to get real info about BlackBerry - is to contact the local developer group, Elite members, evangelists or tech centers.
    That is how it will be, until BlackBerry opens up their own specialty stores...
    10-02-13 02:20 PM