I have purchased the blackberry Z30 mobile from US and it was working fine without any problem. Recently I have to travel to my native place in Kerala, India, the network was on roaming mode and in Automatic network selection. After coming back to Mumbai (Bombay), when I tried to make call from my mobile, it is showing emergency call status and the network selection is in SOS. How can I change this mode (SOS) to a permanent network selection in automatic network selection mode ? My mobile is having inbuilt battery and can't be removed from the unit. Please help me.
    01-07-17 10:33 AM
    Hi, I try backing up first then do a security wipe. I hope that your z30 does not become an SOS only blackberry, just like what happened to my passport. My passport's current state is a WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity device . That is why my current phone is a z30. With your issue now makes me a bit worried that my z30 will become the same. Perhaps another option they say is to reload the operating system. I have not reloaded my passport. I only tried the security wipe. It did not work on my passport. Only emergency calls. Can detect Sim. Can detect and determine what carrier Sim is inserted. But can't connect. Only emergency calls. I hope the info works. Let us know if you are successful with the security wipe or the operating system reload. Thanks. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 09:38 PM
    I have tried to change the os to factory setting by swiping. Re-loaded the software 2 times. Still the same problem. Please help me. Somewhere I have seen that if the battery is removed, then the problem will get solved. But the battery is in-built and can't be removed. Please help me.

Thanks and regards,
    Sivadasan
    02-11-17 09:37 AM
    It depends on model number of your phone and the frequency of your network provider, and some areas only 2g work.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-11-17 09:52 AM
    Here the areas 4g is working and previously it was working with 3g without any problem. After travelling to my native place, it was in roaming because the network selection mode was automatic. On coming back, the problem starts. Model number is Z30 STA100-3 with 10.3.3.1463 os.
    02-11-17 10:08 AM
    Might be frequency issue, Indian version is STA100-2, check with changing the frequency to 2G/3G and to changing the automatic to manual mode.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-11-17 10:26 AM
    I think maybe it would best to back up everything and perhaps just try to purchase a new blackberry. IMO you might get really frustrated ,it happened to me. I was so frustrated that I was totally rude at my carrier's business center. Eventually I gave up and just bought my self a new z30 to replace my "emergency calls only" blackberry passport. I think the issue is really a software/firmware problem. Why? Because the "emergency calls only" blackberry passport can detect the SIM card. Even on "emergency calls only", and a correctly detected SIM card I can clearly see that It can detect all the other carrier's network signals. No matter what carrier SIM insert , it is correctly detected but can not connect. It's like all the carrier's are blocking my BlackBerry Passport. They claim otherwise. It is just simply very frustrating. Security wipe,one after the other. Simple the same results. Peace.

Via a sick Passsport infected with the "emergency calls only" syndrome...sigh,sad,sigh,sad,sigh,sad...
    02-12-17 06:52 AM
    I really hope the issue can be resolved. Peace.

Via a WIFI only BlackBerry Passport infected with the "Only Emergency Calls". A zombie like state. LoL. Peace.
    02-12-17 07:01 AM