I've never had this problem until a month ago and started getting complaints. I knew it couldn't be the glue issue because it was working perfectly until the complaints started. I used a 30x magnifier at work and noticed the mike screen was caked with dust / debris. I used a vacuum and started well away from the mike and gradually moved it closer until I could tell there was a slight vacuum on the area, and moved in a little closer, lightly brushing the screen with with a soft haired acid brush. Afterwards I looked again with the magnifier and it appeared clean. Made some test calls and all was as good as new.

Shared in case some have a mike issue unrelated to the glue, especially if it has developed over time.

p.s. I cleaned all the mikes and speakers this way. Good preventative maintenance.

Posted via CB10
    rbtg likes this.
    01-20-16 03:32 PM
    I've never had this problem until a month ago and started getting complaints. I knew it couldn't be the glue issue because it was working perfectly until the complaints started. I used a 30x magnifier at work and noticed the mike screen was caked with dust / debris. I used a vacuum and started well away from the mike and gradually moved it closer until I could tell there was a slight vacuum on the area, and moved in a little closer, lightly brushing the screen with with a soft haired acid brush. Afterwards I looked again with the magnifier and it appeared clean. Made some test calls and all was as good as new.

Shared in case some have a mike issue unrelated to the glue, especially if it has developed over time.

p.s. I cleaned all the mikes and speakers this way. Good preventative maintenance.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if the gunk, haze and dust that accumulates on my Z30's camera lens is any indication, the microphone is probably caked thick with such gunk. So your solution "sounds" like a good one. (no pun intended)
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-20-16 05:36 PM
    Lol, no pun taken. And you are correct. I believe most of mine came from environmental as well as accumulation in my holster.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 02:02 AM
    I've had my Z30 for over 2 years with abuse from texting in the rain, using it as a flashlight while doing chimney sweeps for customers, allowing my kid to play and drool all over the phone, and I once spilled pasta sauce over mic opening and simply wiped it clean. Never had any mic problems described above.

Only mic issue I noticed which I made a post about last year was while holding phone in my shoulder and talking. Phones these days don't work while holding them with your shoulder. For a multitasking phone you can't seem to hold with your shoulder while doing things around the house. The caller will say they can't hear you or simply not reply at all because they didn't hear a single word you said.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:53 AM
    My mic quite working for bbm voicenotes what mic is this? Because my mic for the phone calls still works

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 07:07 AM
    My mic quite working for bbm voicenotes what mic is this? Because my mic for the phone calls still works

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    You can try running BB Virtual Expert and run its microphone tests. I don't know if differerent microphones are used for those apps.
    01-28-16 09:56 AM
    My wife's Z30 had the muffled voice call issue. Turns out the screen protector had slid down over the mic opening. Pulled that off and it's like new again.
    12-13-16 08:20 AM
    Well the mic which is situated just below the screen where BlackBerry is written,

All you have to do is remove the protective cloth or the netting that is put to prevent the dust to enter,

you have to cut it off carefully with a sharp cutter and then just put a new protective cloth,

then re-seal the mic....or even if u just put the cloth over it and put it back together without glue, it is fine.

Now you would be wondering that i am mad and how will that make a difference right??

well the stupid part which i was talking about is that the reason why the voice is muffled or suppressed or

barely audible, it is because

the glue which holds that cloth or netting, which should only be at the border of the cloth melts and spreads

onto the whole cloth due to which your voice can barely be heard while on a call. (You will see for yourself

once you open it up.)

Note: please be careful when your peeling of that cloth/netting as its gonna be very firm and half of it is gonna

be sandwiched between the glass

and led display so u will have to cut it, rather than removing it from the source, i have done this and my phone

now is better than brand new.

Also, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Image credits: gmsm
    Attachment 375690Attachment 375691
    The reason why people who are trying to solve this problem by replacing the MIC itself without any success is because the voice can't pass through this layer of this glue....because when you replace the mic this cloth/netting is not replaced....as its on the other side and doesn't strike to a person as the cause of the problem.

I WISH IF I HAD TAKEN A VIDEO OF THE WHOLE PROCESS, SORRY WILL REMEMBER FOR MY NEXT SOLUTION.

My Z30 unfortunately got drowned in sachet water (a lot of it) for nearly 10 minutes without my realizing it.

Though I had a tough time getting it back on, I managed to by the Grace of God, using the rice soaking technique, after I had disassembled the entire phone and put its various parts into the bowl of rice.

All seemed to work well, until I made my first call after the water submerging incident -- my friend on the other end kept complaining she couldn't hear my voice at all; that is, until I literally shouted toward the bottom ash bezel...

So I decided to research on where the mouth piece was located to see if I could give it some servicing, and then I bumped into your post.

At first, I was reluctant, but when I realized I had no other choice, I took the plunge and haven't regretted giving your fix a try.

So here's to say, 'thank you and God bless you'. I believe anyone having problems should give this post's fix a try.

PS: I scraped the glue off and just put back the black cloth carefully before fitting the screen back.
    05-02-17 01:38 PM
    My Z30 unfortunately got drowned in sachet water (a lot of it) for nearly 10 minutes without my realizing it.

Though I had a tough time getting it back on, I managed to by the Grace of God, using the rice soaking technique, after I had disassembled the entire phone and put its various parts into the bowl of rice.

All seemed to work well, until I made my first call after the water submerging incident -- my friend on the other end kept complaining she couldn't hear my voice at all; that is, until I literally shouted toward the bottom ash bezel...

So I decided to research on where the mouth piece was located to see if I could give it some servicing, and then I bumped into your post.

At first, I was reluctant, but when I realized I had no other choice, I took the plunge and haven't regretted giving your fix a try.

So here's to say, 'thank you and God bless you'. I believe anyone having problems should give this post's fix a try.

PS: I scraped the glue off and just put back the black cloth carefully before fitting the screen back.
    Aww shucks thanks for your blessings!
    Your reply really made me happy today morning, feels really great to know that my post is helping people even now!!
    And the amazing part is when you try my fix...the call quality just becomes as a brand new phone and your always welcomed!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 07:54 PM
34 12