Well the mic which is situated just below the screen where BlackBerry is written,

All you have to do is remove the protective cloth or the netting that is put to prevent the dust to enter,

you have to cut it off carefully with a sharp cutter and then just put a new protective cloth,

then re-seal the mic....or even if u just put the cloth over it and put it back together without glue, it is fine.

Now you would be wondering that i am mad and how will that make a difference right??

well the stupid part which i was talking about is that the reason why the voice is muffled or suppressed or

barely audible, it is because

the glue which holds that cloth or netting, which should only be at the border of the cloth melts and spreads

onto the whole cloth due to which your voice can barely be heard while on a call. (You will see for yourself

once you open it up.)

Note: please be careful when your peeling of that cloth/netting as its gonna be very firm and half of it is gonna

be sandwiched between the glass

and led display so u will have to cut it, rather than removing it from the source, i have done this and my phone

now is better than brand new.

Also, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Image credits: gmsm
    Z30 mic solution for all-img_20151010_141919.jpgZ30 mic solution for all-img_20151010_142315.jpg
    The reason why people who are trying to solve this problem by replacing the MIC itself without any success is because the voice can't pass through this layer of this glue....because when you replace the mic this cloth/netting is not replaced....as its on the other side and doesn't strike to a person as the cause of the problem.

I WISH IF I HAD TAKEN A VIDEO OF THE WHOLE PROCESS, SORRY WILL REMEMBER FOR MY NEXT SOLUTION.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-13-15 01:05 PM
    thanks for the info
    i've tried the same thing on my z10 once and it got worst , i guess once the glue gets on the mobile part of the mic it's over and plus if you take it apart it's not worth it not to replace the whole screen .$13.00 for z10 and $46.00 for z30
    10-13-15 02:08 PM
    thanks for the info
    i've tried the same thing on my z10 once and it got worst , i guess once the glue gets on the mobile part of the mic it's over and plus if you take it apart it's not worth it not to replace the whole screen .$13.00 for z10 and $46.00 for z30
    What are you talking about!? Why would I replace the whole screen, anyway I can't comment on the z10 but this fix works wonders on the z30 as I am not the only one who has tried it...it was my solution and the picture in my post were provided by the person who tried and fixed not only one but two Z30's of his.

Can you explain to me how u cleaned it in detail? And with what?

PS even if something goes wrong..u dont have to replace the screen all u have to do is buy the mic assembly

Posted via CB10
    dhahn likes this.
    10-13-15 08:50 PM
    a microphone will cost about $2.00 ,but if you apply too much heat to it you damaged it before you install it.
    i like to do things right and i changed the screen assembly that comes with mic and all connectors you can do things the way you want it ,it's your phone not mine
    10-13-15 10:00 PM
    a microphone will cost about $2.00 ,but if you apply too much heat to it you damaged it before you install it.
    i like to do things right and i changed the screen assembly that comes with mic and all connectors you can do things the way you want it ,it's your phone not mine
    Sure.
    10-13-15 10:03 PM
    I was able to fix the microphone issue following these instructions (except I didn't bother replacing the cloth). Thanks OP
    11-08-15 05:28 AM
    I was able to fix the microphone issue following these instructions (except I didn't bother replacing the cloth). Thanks OP
    In my case the mic is working if I use speakerphone, if I use headset, in WhatsApp or Skype call, passed BBVE test but not in normal phone call.

Is your case the same?
    11-08-15 08:03 AM
    Your welcome

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:23 AM
    In my case the mic is working if I use speakerphone, if I use headset, in WhatsApp or Skype call, passed BBVE test but not in normal phone call.

Is your case the same?
    My friend....try this solution that i have posted in this thread, your voice calls will become better than stock, trust me

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:30 AM
    How did you manage to disintegrate the phone? Just curious here.

ilouisetopacio sta100-6
    11-08-15 09:13 AM
    My friend....try this solution that i have posted in this thread, your voice calls will become better than stock, trust me

Posted via CB10
    I am not too sure about disassembling the phone. Moreover, I don't understand that the mic is working for everything else except phone call.
    11-08-15 10:30 AM
    How did you manage to disintegrate the phone? Just curious here.

ilouisetopacio sta100-6
    What do you mean by dis integrate?
    As in, dis assemble?
    I am good with technologically but if u want to,
    there are many dis assembly videos on YouTube.
    Although i found a fix for this solution all by myself

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:37 AM
    I am not too sure about disassembling the phone. Moreover, I don't understand that the mic is working for everything else except phone call.
    Well my friend when you say that the mic is working for everything else is what you mean that it works either on handsfree or speaker phone right?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:39 AM
    Well my friend when you say that the mic is working for everything else is what you mean that it works either on handsfree or speaker phone right?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, also works in WhatsApp, Skype, and Imo calls in normal mode (no handsfree or speakerphone).

Posted via CB10
    BB4matt likes this.
    11-08-15 02:13 PM
    Yes, also works in WhatsApp, Skype, and Imo calls in normal mode (no handsfree or speakerphone).

Posted via CB10
    Ok, well is the volume low of your voice to the person whom you speak with, or it doesn't go through at all?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:52 PM
    Ok, well is the volume low of your voice to the person whom you speak with, or it doesn't go through at all?

Posted via CB10
    In WhatsApp and Skype: normal. The person can hear me very clear.

In phone call: low, as if I am talking from far away.

If the glue melted and blocked the mic, shouldn't it also block the voice during WhatsApp and Skype call?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:47 PM
    In WhatsApp and Skype: normal. The person can hear me very clear.

In phone call: low, as if I am talking from far away.

If the glue melted and blocked the mic, shouldn't it also block the voice during WhatsApp and Skype call?

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't because there are 4 mics in this phone, and during a voice call only the one which is shown in the picture i have posted is used alone in combination with voice cancellation mics on the side of the phone . Whereas in whatsapp Skype etc...it uses not only the bottom one...as they do not use voice cancellation tech on it...trust me this is the only way to fix the mic problem, however since u have told me that u can't do the dis assembly,find a friend who is good with this stuff and who u can trust ur phone with....the problem u are facing is the same problem i was facing

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:52 PM
    No it doesn't because there are 4 mics in this phone, and during a voice call only the one which is shown in the picture i have posted is used alone in combination with voice cancellation mics on the side of the phone . Whereas in whatsapp Skype etc...it uses not only the bottom one...as they do not use voice cancellation tech on it...trust me this is the only way to fix the mic problem, however since u have told me that u can't do the dis assembly,find a friend who is good with this stuff and who u can trust ur phone with....the problem u are facing is the same problem i was facing

Posted via CB10
    It looks like I have to do that, doing security wipe and autoload OS didn't help.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:50 AM
    It looks like I have to do that, doing security wipe and autoload OS didn't help.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes my friend do it...and if u don't want to replace the netting on the mic, as people find it difficult to find a Replacement for the cloth....u can just lift it and clean it thoroughly, and i repeat try to clean it as much as u can....it will not make it brand new but it will definitely make it better for the mic....so try it out and i know u will be happy about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:54 AM
    Hello guys, I also had a problem with the mic not working well, and this really solved the problem.
    I only removed the cloth I didn't replace it with anything.
    thanks for sharing this !
    12-06-15 03:46 AM
    Hello guys, I also had a problem with the mic not working well, and this really solved the problem.
    I only removed the cloth I didn't replace it with anything.
    thanks for sharing this !
    Bro since u have removed the cloth completely all the dirt will go into the mic
    Rather than being stopped by the cloth...try to find a Replacement if u can and put it

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 04:13 AM
    This fix of removing the cloth screen and cleaning it doesn't work. Tried today with a new screen housing.
    12-27-15 11:09 PM
    This fix of removing the cloth screen and cleaning it doesn't work. Tried today with a new screen housing.
    Firstly, would like to know what problem you were facing with your mic?
    Did it never work? Or used to work sometimes? Or the volume level to the person on the other end was very low....?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:16 PM
    I can try this solution. And my phone working Gud. But some few days rather then same problem created again, how can I solved

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 06:33 AM
    I follow your instruction very well but unfortunately probalem faced again

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 06:36 AM
34 12