The phones arrived...in the process of setting up. Fantastic!!! Any slick tips???

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:35 PM
    Don't remove the screen protector. The little red sticker on the corner peels off of the screen protector. Saves you some money on a screen protector for a decent amount of time.

Posted via CB10
    Paul86 and sjsnjc like this.
    04-28-15 09:03 PM
    This is a great device. Have a Samsung tablet and wasn't looking forward to having to make a move contact-wise to another carrier. Bit the bullet and stayed where I was welcome and I could get this device. Wow...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:55 PM
    I love the speakers
    04-28-15 09:57 PM
    Don't remove the screen protector. The little red sticker on the corner peels off of the screen protector. Saves you some money on a screen protector for a decent amount of time.

Posted via CB10
    But you will seek out an eye doctor because you will think you have blurred vision.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 10:02 PM
    Update OS to 10.3.1 if you don't find it out of the box. You'll be in for a visual treat.
    04-28-15 10:05 PM
    The Z30 still has a lot of life left in it. I have a Passport too, and it doesn't feel any slower, and to me it actually has better speakers.

I love my Z30 still.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is what I have done. Had it on for more than six months and only recently removed when it became too scratched. I am now enjoying a totally naked and unprotected Z30 and enjoying the experience. I bought a BB sleeve to put my phone in when I carry it in a pocket and it works very well.

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    tufcustomer likes this.
    04-29-15 10:28 AM
    Flowpaper from the Amazon score

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:04 AM
    Z30's a great device, welcome & enjoy...

Not much to add apart from sideloading Google store (check out Cobalt's faqs on the forums) and / or Snap ; they work a wonder. Default amazon app store on os10.3.1 is pretty decent otherwise, and they are many other alternatives if you plan on downloading Android apps.

Last, I left the default "red corner " protector on, although I feel more and more tempted to feel the screen's glassy touch... I also have a leather flip case for when I'm outside or carrying the beast in my pocket, and I crafted a tiny wooden stand that shows off the device at home...

Z30 / 10.3.1.2558
    Paul86 likes this.
    04-29-15 11:26 AM
    Otterbox commuter totally recommended for most daily situations. Got this phone close to launch and besides dropping, like we all do, toss it around and phone is still in brand new condition. Also, keep some sore of screen protector on at all times. I don't think the glass is scratch prooof. Enjoy!

The second benefit I see to the Otterbox is that it stops the volume keys from so easily being pressed. Most devices, from what I have heard, have an issue with loose keys, compared to say, a Z10 volume rocker

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:27 AM
    @10_z_no gimmick Am sure the glass feels real smooth, but then, we wouldn't know. I might apply a second screen protector, just to take a feel again. This one been on for a year!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:29 AM
    But you will seek out an eye doctor because you will think you have blurred vision.

Posted via CB10
    The screen protector that came on my Z30 was on completely flush to the screen. No air bubbles or anything to hinder vision lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:08 PM
    The screen protector that came on my Z30 was on completely flush to the screen. No air bubbles or anything to hinder vision lol.

Posted via CB10
    I was in the store looking at a Classic with the same shipping protector. Not nearly good as a real screen protector professionally applied.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:29 PM
    After using mine naked for over a year the silver chin has become worn at the edges, especially at the rounded corners. I used a screen protector for the first 6 months, until it became too scratched, then kept it clean. The glass screen is still so smooth to the touch.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:39 PM
    It will depend on how you plan to use it...a few suggestions would be...get a good quality micro SD card, an HDMI Adapter, some NFC stickers to program, a USB on the go cord and a dual USB drive. So much to discover...enjoy!
    04-29-15 03:39 PM
    I was in the store looking at a Classic with the same shipping protector. Not nearly good as a real screen protector professionally applied.

Posted via CB10
    For the general wear and tear my phone experiences the original protector held up for several months before being replaced as a result of me purchasing the Otterbox Commuter. Sure it's not the same level of quality but I found it to be more than sufficient in the time prior to installing the new one.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:05 PM
    Guess I just want a device to be the best it can be. A good installed screen saver is 20 bucks.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:55 PM