I suspect after the recent ShopCrackBerry Canada "white Z30" sale we should be seeing some more new Z30 owners soon!
    [quote=RichardHBB;11483032]RichardHBB
    CrackBerry Abuser

03-19-15, 01:54 PM #342 Report Post

Welcome! And glad to hear you're enjoying your new Z30.

You've probably already found that you can adjust the color temperature of the white, in the display settings.

Before going to the trouble (not that it's a lot) of loading Snap, you might try another solution instead; member Cobalt232 has devised a method of access to the Google Play Store that includes support for buying/downloading straight from the app. I have used it on my Z30 and it works great. Of course not ALL apps will work and there are many work-arounds discussed in the very long resulting thread but it's easy to install and try out. Read here: Google Play Store for Blackberry 10 (supports buying and downloading)

I suspect after the recent ShopCrackBerry Canada "white Z30" sale we should be seeing some more new Z30 owners soon!

Richard
    ==============================

- Indeed so - I'm well chuffed with my new sim free Z30. Upgraded to it from a network-locked Z10, which I moved onto from a Curve.
    The Z30 is faster than the Z10 on its native Browser.
    And, weirdly, the Z30 does run Flash videos, unlike the Z10, with both of them on BB10 3.1.

Battery life is awesome, and, as I moved on from Z10, the learning curve is replaced by the pleasant realisation that this is the phone that the Z10 should have been. It packs such a punch with so many of its functions, with a swift and smooth interface and response. And the network reception is significantly enhanced, using the same PAYG sim which I had in the Z10.
    As for the sound - it's better than that of my rarely used Play Book and noticeably superior to the Z10's sound.
    In fact, I was going to buy a Bluetooth speaker to use with the Z10, but the Z30's sound is so good that I won't bother to do so, now.

And I'm glad overall that I opted to move up from the Z10 to the Z30 instead of over to the Leap.
    Last edited by PickaBlackberry; 04-26-15 at 06:38 AM.
    04-26-15 06:28 AM
    I am the lone BB holdout at a law firm smitten with Apple. Everyone else got the 6 and I got a VZ Z30 STA100-3. The 6 owners are a lot more curious about my phone than I am about theirs. Never been a fan of the Z30 camera but it works when I need it. The best thing is when I am in a meeting, I will get company emails a few minutes before the Apple phones do. And they will all lean over to read it. Makes for a good picture.
    05-06-15 03:06 PM
    Yesterday I received my Z30 and had a really bad time deciding to leave iOS (great ecosystem).. but after setting everything up on the Z for like 4 hours and the darn battery indicator practically stayed motionless I was short of laughing hysterically! Seriously, the battery is awesome.

The good stuff:
    1. Battery
    2. Calendar -- now that is how it is done
    3. Speed - Fast, no ifs and buts.. just fast.
    4. Email- See No. 3. iOS lost Gmail push service.. but the Z is practically instant.
    5. Screen - Clear, crystal clear . The color scheme on the theme is nice.
    6. LED indicator- great to see if an incoming message is an email, whatsapp or text message.

Work in progress:
    1. Notes - There is no Notes sync with Outlook. After seeing a 3 year old thread about the issue I decided to fix it my way. I had to send via email all my notes (copy paste) one by one from my PC to my phone. Then I had to select each note (one by one), options, share and then select Reminder.. it will send over to Tasks but I then selected it as a note and that was that. I concentrated all my notes on a folder.
    2. Back - the back of the phone feels really slippery.. dangerously slippery. I have to find a way to get a grip of it.
    3. Phone app or dialing - There's like only 6 or so favorites! I seriously need ike 10 at least. Anyone knows a method or a way to overcome this?
    4. HUB - its a bit of a mess the way it is presented. Needs to be tweaked to be fine (minor thing really).

Overall I�m really pleased with m Z.
    dannyadornato and meow_chan like this.
    05-10-15 10:31 AM
    Hi All,

Just wanted to vent some frustration with my new Z30. Quick background... I have Passport, Z10 and Q10 and I love BB10. So when my mother-inlaw wanted a new phone I suggested the Z30 that was on sale at shop crackberry. Ordered it around early April and was delivered lated April. On the weekend when my inlaws went to WIND to get a micro SIM for their brand new Z30 and the "fun" began. They came back saying WIND couldn't get the sim card in and to go back to where you bought the phone to see whats wrong. I didn't really understand why so I tried with my Z10 micro SIM and the thing wouldn't stay inserted. It seems like the spring in the SIM slot kept ejecting the card?!?

I sent an email back to support from crackberry and all they told me was to go back to the service provider?? I told them we went their first and WIND doesn't sell the Z30 so whats the point.. I bought the phone from YOU?! Since then I've not heard back from shop crackberry.... .

What to do next?
    05-14-15 11:14 AM
    Find a video on YouTube which shows how to insert sim into Z30 and try it yourself.

Do it carefully and i think you should be able to do it.

Posted using BlackBerry Z30 on 10.3.1.2558
    05-14-15 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the note but I've inserted SIM cards into blackberries before... the issue here is that the locking mechanism appears to be broken. The SIM does not stay inserted.
    05-14-15 12:02 PM
    Got my Z30 about a week ago now from Amazon UK, never ever having seen one in real life before. But, coming from the Z10 (+Q5 backup) I knew and loved the OS and I wanted a bigger phone and better battery life.

The first day I was apprehensive - the screen was not quite as sharp as my Z10's, the size felt too awkward, the back too slippery. One week on and I'm utterly smitten! (apart from the slippery back - the Z10 is better that way). I have grown to really appreciate the AMOLED screen, screen size, amazing speakers and most of all the battery! I don't bother plugging it in at work at all, unlike my Z10 which remained anchored to my Mac via USB most of the day.

I also now use the Z30 as my bedside clock at night - my wife banned me from using the Z10 as it was too bright.

One benefit I had not really considered was that my typing has improved with the extra width of the keys.

All in all, I love it.

Funnily enough, never having seen a Z30 in the wild before, or even in a phone shop, I saw one last night - another dad at my daughter's school was checking the time. I blurted out "Is that a Z30?" before I could stop myself - luckily he seemed just as happy to find a fellow Z user as I was He'd moved from a 9900 and liked the Z30 apart form the lack of physical keyboard, so he was considering a Classic too I think.

I gave one of my Z10s to my eldest daughter - she loves it. I can't quite persuade my wife to abandon her iPhone 4 for the other Z10 though - she's too wedded to the Apple way of life. Oh well I tried.
    05-15-15 09:08 AM
    Hi All,

Just wanted to vent some frustration with my new Z30. Quick background... I have Passport, Z10 and Q10 and I love BB10. So when my mother-inlaw wanted a new phone I suggested the Z30 that was on sale at shop crackberry. Ordered it around early April and was delivered lated April. On the weekend when my inlaws went to WIND to get a micro SIM for their brand new Z30 and the "fun" began. They came back saying WIND couldn't get the sim card in and to go back to where you bought the phone to see whats wrong. I didn't really understand why so I tried with my Z10 micro SIM and the thing wouldn't stay inserted. It seems like the spring in the SIM slot kept ejecting the card?!?

I sent an email back to support from crackberry and all they told me was to go back to the service provider?? I told them we went their first and WIND doesn't sell the Z30 so whats the point.. I bought the phone from YOU?! Since then I've not heard back from shop crackberry.... .

What to do next?
    I think some of the confusion comes from how you're attempting to handle it. The phone is not sold by shop crackberry. Crackberry is this site and forum which is not owned or operated by Blackberry.

You got your phone from Shop Blackberry. They have a return process.

Richard
    05-17-15 05:31 PM
    hello
    05-24-15 05:47 PM
    Got my Z30 about a week ago now from Amazon UK, never ever having seen one in real life before. But, coming from the Z10 (+Q5 backup) I knew and loved the OS and I wanted a bigger phone and better battery life.

The first day I was apprehensive - the screen was not quite as sharp as my Z10's, the size felt too awkward, the back too slippery. One week on and I'm utterly smitten! (apart from the slippery back - the Z10 is better that way). I have grown to really appreciate the AMOLED screen, screen size, amazing speakers and most of all the battery! I don't bother plugging it in at work at all, unlike my Z10 which remained anchored to my Mac via USB most of the day.

I also now use the Z30 as my bedside clock at night - my wife banned me from using the Z10 as it was too bright.

One benefit I had not really considered was that my typing has improved with the extra width of the keys.

All in all, I love it.

Funnily enough, never having seen a Z30 in the wild before, or even in a phone shop, I saw one last night - another dad at my daughter's school was checking the time. I blurted out "Is that a Z30?" before I could stop myself - luckily he seemed just as happy to find a fellow Z user as I was He'd moved from a 9900 and liked the Z30 apart form the lack of physical keyboard, so he was considering a Classic too I think.

I gave one of my Z10s to my eldest daughter - she loves it. I can't quite persuade my wife to abandon her iPhone 4 for the other Z10 though - she's too wedded to the Apple way of life. Oh well I tried.

Amen. My typing improved at least 50% due to the width of the keys. I've always wondered why other manufacturers make their keys skinny, leaving all those gaps between keys. Could be a cost related issue?
    05-25-15 05:54 AM
    My new white z30 has been waiting for me at home for the last two weeks...only two more to go until I get my hands on it! Goodbye 5S...
    Last edited by min3blk; 05-25-15 at 01:30 PM.
    05-25-15 12:12 PM
    Hello all, greetings from Greece.

After many changes at the Android and windows camps (Galaxy Note 2,3, LG G3, Lumia 1520, 930) i tried Passport (my first BB). I was impressed. I buy a iPad Mini for my wife but he didn't like the screen size so i end up with my telephone/sms/photo phone (Nokia 808), a Blackberry Passport and a iPad mini. Too many devices for everyday. With heavy heart i decided to sell the Passport. BIG mistake. I manage without BB about only 1 month.

I have a thought to buy again a passport but some details were not in my flavor (especially the size for the pocket and the great for reading screen but not so good for video and photos) so i end up with a brand new Z30 blackberry!

Its a really great device at all matters. I get it with 10.2.xx but when i install 10.3.1.xxxx the device really flies. The only problems i had since today is some "hick ups" at the browser when scrolling that i didn't had at passport (i pay and tried Broswer 10 but its too slow!) and some overheating issues at continues usage (no problem at the use but at the hand). Other that these all are great.

- Excellent screen (i would prefer to deactivate the auto brightness feature, thought)
    - Excellent feeling at the hand.
    - GREAT sound. Its the first time i enjoy listening to music with a mobile device.
    - HDMI out without extra cost (slimport adapter)
    - GREAT battery life
    - High quality ( i would prefer the back to be genuine carbon fiber...)
    - Very good call acoustic.

Ohh and a third minus point. The wi-fi signal its not very strong. At a room of home, i got 1-2 lines signal. With Z30 i got 1 and usually i lost signal. At 5GHz i got 1 line with passport and with Z30 i got a strong ... zero. I hope this matter to get better at the next update (when do we expect the 10.3.2.xxxx ?? ).

Thank you.
    Last edited by professeur; 05-26-15 at 08:28 AM.
    05-26-15 07:30 AM
    Not sure what happened it's 2days that the person on the other end can't hear me please help
    05-27-15 10:47 AM
    Can you help me, its 2 days that the person on the other side of the call cannot hear me, only when I open the speaker phone he hears me but faded
    05-27-15 10:53 AM
    Can you help me, its 2 days that the person on the other side of the call cannot hear me, only when I open the speaker phone he hears me but faded
    Same here! Did you ever find out the solution to this? Speaker works, headphone mic works but not the "main mic"
    06-09-15 08:03 AM
    Make sure that the mic at the bottom of the screen is not covered by a screen protector or case.
    06-09-15 09:45 AM
    This phone is simply amazing, purchased one exchanging my Lumia 820. Had a little difference payed in money and totally worth it, always wanted to know and use the new BB OS 10.
    So many PROS:
    *Huge speakers in quality and volume, never heard anything like that before;
    *Incredible volume on headphones without giving up quality, if you have a pair of premium headphones it can handle or blow your ordinary one away;
    *Snappy, I've experienced some slow downs and delays over the months but overall fluid and fast;
    *Awesome camera, though I have some issues with slow focus and limitations on macros the camera is very well balanced and superior from the WB point of view, only few competitor has the same accuracy in these regards;
    *Beautiful display, AMOLED never was my favorite due to Samsung's saturation of colors and this surprised me from up to bottom;
    *Gestures make the UI simple to use, really skilled and those active frames are cool, some third party apps could improve their design on them and other one could start making one;
    *Great feedback on the buttons, ergonomics are top notch;
    *Multiple LED notification colors with native color choice per app;
    *Micro HDMI out, never used it but it's a PRO nonetheless;
    *Incredible phone calls, the 4 mics helps a lot;
    *MicroSD card slot with up to 128GB suport.

Some CONS:
    *Big for it's screen size;
    *Lack accessories on market;
    *Front camera not so good, miss a good WB and image processing;
    *The sync feature could sync the contact's photos as well.

Right now waiting for the 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 announcement.
    06-29-15 09:15 AM
    I love the blackberry Z30! It is the best device ever made by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:26 AM
    Just purchased a Z30!!! I hope to like it
    07-05-15 11:46 PM
    As I am approaching my one year anniversary of Z30 ownership I thought it was time to check in on this thread to sing the never-ending praises I have for this incredible device.
    The latest OS update to 10.3.2 has only made the performance better. I have every app that I could want or need and I can't imagine even wanting another phone.
    I'm envious of any new Z30 owner/user because you are just beginning to learn about all of the great things that your Z30 can do. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bad Larry; 07-24-15 at 04:20 AM.
    07-17-15 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the note but I've inserted SIM cards into blackberries before... the issue here is that the locking mechanism appears to be broken. The SIM does not stay inserted.
    Maybe you can try this method. Trace the outline of the sim card on a manila card, cut it, paste it behind the sim card, and insert it into the Z30 sim card slot. Maybe the added bulk will help to keep the sim card stationary in the sim slot. If that is successful, be aware that you might have some difficulty removing the sim card later on -- which might result in your breaking the pin in the sim card slot (happened to me before).

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 02:31 AM
    I've used many phones but the blackberry 8830 still manages to set the bar for what I expect out of a cell phone. The z30 is an amazing piece of hardware with a set of speakers that will never fail to amaze! My only complaint about the phone revolves around how snug the back plate is. It often puts enough pressure on the top power switch to turn the device off without my permission! I filed some of the plastic away to help reduce the likelihood of occurrence.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 09:29 PM
    Hey everyone, got my first blackberry phone (a z30) a few days ago. Loving it so far.

If anyone is interested, Staples/Bureau en Gros here in Canada is selling them for 299cad, which I found a good price for an unlocked phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 04:35 PM
    I've been lurking in this site for 2yrs and now I decided to create an account. Hopefully I can buy a new BB phone this year. I had my 9900 for 2yrs now and I had a lot of fun. Though now some keys are hard to press, the battery dies on me midday, and browsing is becoming very slow, I don't want to let go of this phone (it's a birthday present from my father..never knew I'd fall in love with BB). I'm planning to have this fixed one of these days.
    It's nice to read all the inputs in the forums, it will really help the current and future BB10 users like me. I'm really excited.
    08-13-15 08:41 AM
    I've been lurking in this site for 2yrs and now I decided to create an account. Hopefully I can buy a new BB phone this year. I had my 9900 for 2yrs now and I had a lot of fun. Though now some keys are hard to press, the battery dies on me midday, and browsing is becoming very slow, I don't want to let go of this phone (it's a birthday present from my father..never knew I'd fall in love with BB). I'm planning to have this fixed one of these days.
    It's nice to read all the inputs in the forums, it will really help the current and future BB10 users like me. I'm really excited.
    I don't know what country you're in, but keep an eye on shopcrackberry and shopblackberry. Quite often they have good prices, and if not they should be discounted to $300USD in the next two months.
    meow_chan likes this.
    08-13-15 10:16 AM
428 ... 1314151617 ...