Day one with my Z30. This phone is really impressive. Very good screen, amazing battery life and it moves the OS very smoothly.

Also, camera has got better with the latest 10.3.1.1949 leak, compared with the Z10 on 10.3.1.1151.

Very happy at the moment.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    01-06-15 02:52 AM
    Got a z30 and immediately loaded the 1949. Restore from scratch is really b tchy.
    01-12-15 08:21 AM
    So I was using my second Z10 device and decided to autoload 10.3.1 in late October and ever since I had some issues with failed text messages and even phone calls. Tried to work around the issue and decided it was just time for a new device. I was planning to wait for the Classic, but I absolutely love flick typing too much so here I am posting from my Z30 I received last night!

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    01-14-15 12:48 PM
    I have had my Z30 for about 4+ months now and love this phone. It is FAST and the screen is amazing. Phone calls are great with no problems. Streaming and playing music for hours is great with the battery that seems to last for every on this phone. My old Torch 9810 lasted a long time but nothing like my Z30. I haven't forced the upgrade to 10.3.x and will not until the official release don't want to cause a problem with this phone that is working. I also love the fact that I can download and install Android apps and about of the 15 I have tired only 6 require Google Play services but is no big deal there not critical apps.
    01-22-15 03:19 PM
    My first 24 hour with the Z30, my first BB, the navigation took some time to get used to but it works smooth, for some reason the Z30 managed to f&*k up my wifi network but as of now it seems that everything is working again. Wifi reception is worst then my previous phones but network reception is WAY better, i have a signal on places were i had none or just a little bit with my previous phones.
    Screen is great, i managed to get all the apps i needed for now, battery is down to 45%, (Took the phone off the charger at 6:20 its now 21:30) i played with the phone a lot cause it's new, send a few Whatsapps made a call, used the internet for about an half hour, so no complains here. (I used to charges my previous phones every night...).

Overall i'm happy with the phone and i'm glad that i escaped google and there thirst for information....
    01-23-15 02:40 PM
    Just picked up my Z30 tonight, coming from the Q5 so far i am very impressed. Got everything setup now and all my android apps downloaded or side loaded. I must say, is it just me or does the android run-time work alot better on the Z30? ive been playing GTA 3 flawlessly and Max Payne and other android games. Very happy with my Z30 so far. Actually kind of glad i got this over the Passport.
    01-25-15 09:41 PM
    I had a Z10 for the past 10 months but I just 'upgraded' to a Z30.

My opinion about the Z30 is quite negative and I would like to know what other people think and if I am being unreasonable.

To start, I don't like the design of the Z30 but I guess this is personal matter. The build quality of the phone is just not there.
    The silver ring is made of some kind of cheap plastic, the corners of the device are not consistent with the OS (very square).
    This makes the phone look bigger than it is for no reason.

Since I am talking about the hardware, I would to point out that the front camera quality is lower than the one on the Z10.
    The colors are not natural when using BBM video and suffer more in low light condition. I also dislike the screen, the white doesn't seem to be white (even after changing the color settings) and changing the brightness doesn't really make a difference. The screen is never really bright and cannot be dimmed a lot.

I am running the official OS 10.2.1.3062, the same as the Z10 but unfortunately I do not experience the same fluidity and consistence.
    For example, half of the applications on the Z30 have a dark theme to save power which is a really good idea since it is a amoled screen. But I don't understand why it is only half? The hub is only white, e-mails are also only white but suddenly the text messaging application opens in dark theme! The icons on the Z30 look small and the text under them is actually smaller than on the Z10 which makes no sens as the screen is bigger and have more space. Overall the OS for the Z30 is not consistent (or a least less) than on the Z10 which does not give me the feeling that it is an upgrade from the Z10.

But there isn't only negative points; there are actually 2 features where the Z30 excels compare to the Z10.
    The battery life is without a doubt last much longer which means that even with extreme use the device will stand a full day.
    Another feature that I am enjoying on the Z30 is the speaker. Watching a video/news on the phone is a really good experience thanks to the screen but especially thank to the speakers.

To conclude, 'upgrading' to a Z30 coming from a Z10 did not feel like upgrading but rather like downgrading.
    wojt7 likes this.
    01-29-15 11:00 AM
    Everyone entitled to their opinion; nothing unreasonable about that! From what I've seen, and my own experience, yours is in the extreme minority. Maybe sell the Z30 here on CB? People definitely looking to buy.

Richard
    01-29-15 02:43 PM
    The z30 colors do not display correctly. The z10 had more accurate colors.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:20 PM
    Am on my second Z30. First one is perfectly usable except for: Main Microphone does not pick up voice. I had it in to a repair shop last week...changed out the mic - no joy. wiped device and reloaded the OS - no joy with old and new mic. Repair tech told me he thought it was because the 2 noise cancelling mics on the right side were cancelling only the voice...he could tap his finger on my phone and would receive on his..but no voice - VERY WEIRD.

So off to Telus - pay out my contract for $208 CAD and new "free" Z30 on a 2 yr contract.

The features I love are:

Great speakers...better than any phone on the market
    Monster of a Battery
    A superb Antenna
    HDMI and high SD Card capability

Simply an excellent device that I am quite happy to use.

stk
    02-12-15 04:49 PM
    Well, I did it yesterday afternoon. I ordered a Z30.

I've had Android phones for the last six years. I did have a monochrome Blackberry with a keyboard for eighteen months before that, but wanted colour and internet - and I was paying a premium each month for Blackberry connectivity.

I've been progressively edging myself out of Google's walled garden, and my Android phone was the last link. I've looked at Windows phones (the Lumia 930 is some hardware!), Jolla's Sailfish phone and even BQ's new Ubuntu phone. The decision was eventually made on three criteria where Blackberry won hands down.
    1. BB10 is not a walled garden.
    2. The messaging hub.
    3. Reasonable integration with wearables.

I'm planning to pick up a Sony SmartBand SWR30, primarily for notifications. I've read that there's native BB10 software to integrate that with the hub.

It'll be a fortnight before the phone arrives here in New Zealand, but I'm looking forward to getting acquainted.
    02-14-15 08:28 PM
    I am using z30 since it was launched in Oct 2013. It is wonderful and loving it but it is slightly bulky. To me, I love z10 if it's battery is similar to Z30.

Prithvi Z30 10.3.1.2267 thru CB10
    02-14-15 08:53 PM
    I've had my BlackBerry Z30 for just over a week now and I love it. Was really unsure at the beginning but it is was definitely the right decision for me. I've even impressed the apple enthusiasts at home just by showing them the USB otg and hdmi output capabilities

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:54 AM
    got mine today, STA-2 Black, downloading latest leak...replacing my beloved 2 year old Z10...
    02-19-15 07:47 AM
    I've now had my Z30 for a week, and I can't speak highly enough of it.

The hardware build is excellent, and the quality of the components is first-rate. In some ways I'd prefer the USB socket to be at the bottom of the phone, and from a design perspective I'm not sure about the silver chin: but these are minor quibbles. The camera is great, the quality of the built-in speakers is superb, the screen works well for me in all lighting conditions. And battery life is superb. I arrive home from work with 60% remaining and yesterday, when I watched a movie and browsed the web during a four hour after-work bus trip, I still had 40% left when I plugged it in.

When I turned the phone on it installed an OTA upgrade to 10.2. Later the same day I manually installed 10.3. It's a sweet operating system, uncluttered and consistent in contrast to Android, with clever cross-app integration that makes it a productivity powerhouse. I did install the Google Play Store, but so far all my essential apps have been available in the Blackberry ecosystem.

I love the Hub, the colour-coded flashing alerts, the meeting mode. I love the way changing the font size affects everything. I love the integrated alarm clock and the bed time mode. Assistant unfailingly understands my Kiwi accent, unlike other helpers I could mention. I now use my Z30 far more than I ever used its Android predecessor because it's easier and more efficient.

There are some minor disappointments. The wi-fi hotspot helper is a time-saver, but why can't it - or the browser - remember form entries and passwords? Why can't I use NFC to unlock the phone? Why isn't there Blackberry Blend integration for Linux? These small niggles don't diminish my enjoyment of the Z30, but it would be nice to see some of them addressed.

Having used my new Z30 for a week, it astonishes me that Blackberry doesn't have a much larger market share - it really is a better phone and a more secure eco-system. After only a few minutes checking my phone out, my partner wanted one too (he'll get a Z10, he prefers a smaller phone).

Colleagues I've shown the phone to have been impressed. It was easy to impress them, because without exception they started with a negative perception of Blackberry. I can only postulate that fashion and the relentless Apple and Google propaganda machines have brainwashed most of the market. If so, that's a damn shame.
    RichardHBB likes this.
    03-13-15 01:19 PM
    Hello everyone - first post

I am now finally a Blackberry-ian. I picked up a mint condition Z30 on Sunday here in Ireland from a guy who was obviously a Blackberry guy - he had a Passport and was selling his unused Z30 that was less than 6 months old.

It came with all accessories and a case - the Blackberry Transform Hardshell case that was unused. The phone is in mint, and by that I mean brand-new, condition. I got it cheap as chips for here in Ireland saving myself over €100 compared to the cheapest brand new price I could find.
    It came with a new version of 10.3.1 but since then the phone installed a small and then a larger update. So now the phone is 10.3.1.1784.

I have been an iPhone 4S user for the 3 years, 3GS before that for 2 or 3 years. I am a developer and have made numerous Android apps; doing so I have used the HTC One Mini, Galaxy S4/S5, MotoG and others. I cannot believe how good the BB10 OS is. The Hub is just genius, the way the OS handles seamless communication interaction no matter where I am in the OS. The OS is easy to use. And even the learning curve is enjoyable - I like reading documentation. There is so much this phone can do. The Miracast actually work with my Sony W829 smart tv (albeit with high latency - I'll look into this further). The DLNA is brilliant. I have been so lost in Apples way of doing things and I haven't been happy with them for so long. (Erg and I hate iTunes with a passion)
    I am in a honeymoon period, I understand that - it's new and shiny - but I liked the Playbook, it's freedom, it's multi tasking. BB10 on the Z30 seems to have taken all I liked on the Playbook and just made it better. In phone format
    And OMG the speakers are phenomenal! SPEAKERS!!!!!!

I have much to learn and try. I haven't installed Snap yet nor any Android apps for that matter. I use certain pieces of software such as Evernote, Dropbox, OneDrive and Readability. Seems I can have alot of that natively. So I don't mind installing some Android apps if need be. The fact I can do that is brilliant.

OK so some reservations:
    It is taking me a while to get used to the screen. The whites are not white, they're either slightly blue or slightly yellow - I guess off-white? I think my eyes are readjusting. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
    The screen is not as bright as the IPS LCD. Not a bad thing except in direct daylight. I usually ran the LCD on the iPhone with the back light turned down alot (except in direct daylight of course).
    The viewing angles and clarity is brilliant on the Z30. My poor eyes, while I don't wear glasses and think I have excellent vision, cannot see the pixels on this screen. It looks no less sharp than my 4S. Now maybe if I held it along side a flagship with a 1080p display I would notice. As is I don't. But the text is bigger, the screen is bigger. I can hold it further away from my face to read my email, texts, webpages etc. That can only be a good thing.
    The battery lasts but it's hard to tell how good it is. I had to charge it going to bed last night so I used it from 7AM to last night for most of the day. I used the browser most. I read alot on the web as I was looking into app reviews, and Z30 setup tips etc. But normally I do read alot on the web. I have heard that BB10 does some background indexing or something when you first set it up. How true is this? Im not complaining about the battery, that would be silly. No I'm curious to see how it matches my usage. So far it's much much better than the 4S (and I changed the 4S' battery not so long ago).

As for those that have been having issues with new updates I can say that despite my novice status with a Blackberry I have setup numerous email accounts, BBM, whatsapp, Twitter and Facebook and I have been glued the browser. I have had no issues with anything at all since I got it. Now I'm aware that;s only a few days of usage. But so far so good.

Apologies for writing so much but I'm pretty excited about the WoW (way of working) with Blackberry. I wanted one back in the day before I got my 3GS. Of course I was attracted to the new fancy shiny iPhone at the time. The iPhone served me well enough but it is too small and I feel it's eco system is not so good. I am looking forward to my time with Blackberry and I'm happy for now to be using the Z30.

Ciao for now.
    Me in Ireland
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    03-18-15 05:49 AM
    Welcome! And glad to hear you're enjoying your new Z30.

You've probably already found that you can adjust the color temperature of the white, in the display settings.

Before going to the trouble (not that it's a lot) of loading Snap, you might try another solution instead; member Cobalt232 has devised a method of access to the Google Play Store that includes support for buying/downloading straight from the app. I have used it on my Z30 and it works great. Of course not ALL apps will work and there are many work-arounds discussed in the very long resulting thread but it's easy to install and try out. Read here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

I suspect after the recent ShopCrackBerry Canada "white Z30" sale we should be seeing some more new Z30 owners soon!

Richard
    03-19-15 07:54 AM
    You've probably already found that you can adjust the color temperature of the white, in the display settings.
    Indeed I did Thanks though. My next port of call is actually finding a decent screen cover/protector. Turns out I have greasy fingers that I didn't know about and this screen is a canvas magnet for prints/oils To Matte or to Clear? That is the question!

The only problem I've encountered is I can't send Group SMS messages . I need to figure that one out and my prepay provider doesn't support Blackberry (Tesco Mobile Ireland) - it worked fine on the iPhone so I guess it's somewhere in the settings lol. I get a "Network out of order" message.

Thanks for the suggestion on Google Play. I read somewhere about it, and I'll look into it soon. Really loving this phone! Right now I've everything I need for the moment regarding apps but I have small list of replacements look for. I'm looking forward to playing around with it!

John Paul
    03-19-15 08:03 AM
    Wow.
    I just got my Z30 a couple days ago via the Crackbeery Canada "Great White Z30" sale. After reading "methodinsane's" post, I couldn't believe the similar experiences we've shared. 3GS to 4S, then Z30. I still have both iPhones, but the 3GS is so slow doing just about everything it's almost painful to use. The wifi/bluetooth on the 4S is dead, so I was stuck using data only. This was a real drag, as free wifi is ubiquitous in Canada.
    I was seriously considering a Moto G, but I when I saw the white Z30 on sale, I jumped on it!

The bloom is slowly wilting on the rose for me, as far as Apple goes. The price of admission for a new iPhone is just too great. iTunes has been really pissing me off as of late, (I want it to be the music player it once was, not a storefront). It however, is probably the one thing I will miss not having on the Z30. I have not looked beyond the native player for the Z30 yet.

I also own a Playbook, and after the learning curve with that, found swiping much better than always pressing the 'Home' button. (My son has an iPad, and I'm constantly trying to swipe to get it to do what I want :P )

I'm also still figuring out some of the settings on the Z30. My text notification sound is not where I want it, and I have to play with that.

One thing I discovered about the Z30 that disappointed me, was the lack of custom labels in Contacts. I know there are various threads on this forum, and elsewhere, expressing the same feelings. There is also nowhere to add Spouse, Child, Partner, etc., except for the Notes section. I'm not sure why this is missing. I have contacts whose spouse's and children's names I like to keep associated them. I could set them up as individual contacts, but it seems silly to have a seven year old child in your contact list.

Another odd thing I discovered is, the layout of the phone numbers. There seems to be no way to not have a land line appearing in the 'Text' section. Many of my contacts have land line phone numbers as well as mobile numbers. Accidentally sending a text to a land line means the person won't get the message. Perhaps there is a setting to change this, but I haven't discovered it.

I just ordered a hard case for the Z30, as I do construction work, and sturdy as this phone seems I doubt it could withstand the onslaught of dust and grit.
    Anyway, I'm happy with it so far!
    03-25-15 12:39 PM
    Rocking a new White Z30 for a few days now. And loving it even more with the new BB10.3.1. All is running smooth as silk. Well done BlackBerry. This device is amazing. Off CrackBerry Canada for $250. It's a device that will hook you into loving the new BB10 OS above all.
    03-26-15 02:02 PM
    Will be getting my Blackberry Z30 on Monday
    04-02-15 11:04 PM
    You will love it....
    04-05-15 09:59 PM
    I have had mine for at least a year. It is the first touch screen phone that I ever had. I resisted it for a long, long time. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Z30. Every few months I will drill down in the "how to" library. And amazingly I find a couple more tools that have been there all along that I haven't been taking advantage up.

Battery life is good. It's speedy. Bright and functional. I only have one thing that I would like to see in the next version. I would love to see four gigs of RAM. I do actually mukti-task and when more than 1.5 gigs gets committed, everything slows way down. A re out. Leans all of that up.

Will. Z30
    04-05-15 10:31 PM
    Well, just got a BlackBerry Z30 (100-3) 10.2.1 and so far I'm really liking this device. It definitely is better than my replaced BlackBerry Z10!

Posted via my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    04-19-15 11:38 AM
    I bought my BB Z30 this month.. U know what, I really love it. I'm feeling very special when I'm using my BB. It really gives immense pleasure to have a mobile like this. My friends all having iPhone and Sony stuffs. Since I'm the only BB user in my environment. Now they are really jealous about my BB gadget. Initially I struggle a bit. But now, I'm feeling like in a paradise.
    crackjeffrey likes this.
    04-20-15 11:16 AM
428 ... 1213141516 ...