Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 284
Like Tree59Likes
  1. pkcable's Avatar


    Posts
    28,659 Posts
    Global Posts
    33,340 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Z30 Info Thread - Got a Z30? Tell Us About it!

    Folks,

    I know there are a few of them out there. Carriers have them in testing, plus some media, and others may have devices. If you have a Z30 and you want (and are allowed) to tell us about it, please do so. Pictures and videos welcome. And if we can get a few Z30 testers to contribute here maybe we can have our members ask questions also?

    Anyways I just wanted to get the ball rolling!
    Thanked by 2:
    Azensun (09-19-2013),  OldSkoolVWLover (09-18-2013) 
  2. #2  

    Default

    Feel free to tell us about it even if you aren't allowed!
    Panda (white battery door black Zed)
    STL-3 OS 10.2.1.1055 if you dunno, you better ask somebody, this OS is awesome, it's only getting better
  3. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I've had one for a while. Can't upload any pics or vid, but feel free to ask away.
  4. f0xG3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    I've had one for a while. Can't upload any pics or vid, but feel free to ask away.
    1. Does the Z30 use Black Theme by default being equipped with a LED screen?
    2. How many speakers does the Z30 have and where are the placed (I can't see it from the official renderings)
    3. It sports a Qualcomm Chipset; does that mean it should share the same code base on STL2-4, SQNx and SQRx models?
    Sole IT Dude in the House
    Maintained PC's : 2x PC's, 1x MacBook
    Maintained Mobile Phones : BlackBerry Z30 (STA100-2), BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, Nokia Lumia 630,

    I need to organize these stuff
  5. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f0xG3 View Post
    1. Does the Z30 use Black Theme by default being equipped with a LED screen?
    2. How many speakers does the Z30 have and where are the placed (I can't see it from the official renderings)
    3. It sports a Qualcomm Chipset; does that mean it should share the same code base on STL2-4, SQNx and SQRx models?
    1) The OS version I'm running does not contain the black theme
    2) Yes, it has amazing stereo speakers located at the very top and bottom at the backplate. BB was smart enough to put the slots on the curved edge so the allow sound to project slightly up and down as opposed to straight back (obviously not as good as the HTC One's front facing - but easily next best I've heard on a mobile device).
    3) Can't speak to any of that
  6. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,479 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    is bridge fixed???
  7. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    is bridge fixed???
    Sorry, I sadly haven't touched my PB in many months.
    The Z30 kinda makes it irrelevant anyway.
    LP_Rigg and BobPepe like this.
  8. sayf777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    1.Does usb otg only support fat32 or is ntfs / exfat included?


    2.Whatever file systems it does support, can you transfer from the hardrive to the phone only (read) or can you also transfer from the phone to the hardrive (write) also?

    3.Is Miracast ANd wifi direct supported?

    4. Is there a FM radio tuner?

    Thanks in advance for sharing.

    Posted via CB10
  9. sayf777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Sorry one more question, is the back soldered on, or can the user get access to the battery with a little work and if you do know is there lot "stuff " one needs to be sure not to move out of place etc.. when one has access to the battery. Sorry for the bad phrasing of the question

    Posted via CB10
  10. Berry-cracked-up's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    228 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    There is a an un-boxing video out on youtube for the Z30, showing the back coming off (he had a bit of trouble, but it is removeable). This is where you can swap in/out the sim and memory cards.
  11. sayf777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berry-cracked-up View Post
    There is a an un-boxing video out on youtube for the Z30, showing the back coming off (he had a bit of trouble, but it is removeable). This is where you can swap in/out the sim and memory cards.
    Um under that, getting access to the battery..


    Posted via CB10
  12. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayf777 View Post
    1.Does usb otg only support fat32 or is ntfs / exfat included?
    2.Whatever file systems it does support, can you transfer from the hardrive to the phone only (read) or can you also transfer from the phone to the hardrive (write) also?
    3.Is Miracast ANd wifi direct supported?

    4. Is there a FM radio tuner?

    Thanks in advance for sharing.
    Posted via CB10
    Wasn't aware the USB OTG was supported, so never tried. Via USB you can do anything currently possible on the Z10.

    I do have both Mircast & Wi-Fi Direct as options in the OS, but have not used either (believe these are somewhat carrier dependent).

    No FM tuner.
    Thanked by:
    sayf777 (09-19-2013) 
  13. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    69,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    69,899 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Sorry, I sadly haven't touched my PB in many months.
    The Z30 kinda makes it irrelevant anyway.
    No it doesn't. I'll need stronger reading glasses to compensate for the smaller screen.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    SEAWARRIOR and G-bone like this.
  14. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berry-cracked-up View Post
    There is a an un-boxing video out on youtube for the Z30, showing the back coming off (he had a bit of trouble, but it is removeable). This is where you can swap in/out the sim and memory cards.
    You need to remove the back over to access the slots for SIM & MicroSD.

    The fact that it was so difficult to get off is a good thing. One of the big complaints I had was how lose the back was. Appears as though they fixed that on the final production units.
  15. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    No it doesn't. I'll need stronger reading glasses to compensate for the smaller screen.
    I tend not to have that issue, as most of the things I read on the device are in the form of colorful moving pictures
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  16. sayf777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Wasn't aware the USB OTG was supported, so never tried. Via USB you can do anything currently possible on the Z10.

    I do have both Mircast & Wi-Fi Direct as options in the OS, but have not used either (believe these are somewhat carrier dependent).

    No FM tuner.
    Thanks, q1 & 2 is with regards to usb otg, cannot test it on the z10 since it needs a - still unreleased - dock.

    Miracast /wifi direct is carrier dependent, serious??


    Thanks for the replies.

    Posted via CB10
  17. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    69,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    69,899 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    I tend not to have that issue, as most of the things I read on the device are in the form of colorful moving pictures
    I've disliked the first time someone mentioned this phone being a pb replacement. No it isn't when you lose 2" of screen space. I wear reading glasses when using my PB but I'm off topic again.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    G-bone likes this.
  18. pttptppt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,508 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I have an early test version so if you have questions, I will answer what I'm allowed. And no, I don't have permission to post pics or vids

    Posted via CB10
    In squircle, we trust
  19. sayf777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pttptppt View Post
    I have an early test version so if you have questions, I will answer what I'm allowed. And no, I don't have permission to post pics or vids

    Posted via CB10
    Will you be able to answer the questions I posted above? (:

    Posted via CB10
  20. pttptppt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,508 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I don't understand. Are those even questions. And anything os specific is not much to talk about because it's similar to the leaks right now.

    Posted via CB10
    In squircle, we trust
  21. sayf777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayf777 View Post
    1.Does usb otg only support fat32 or is ntfs / exfat included?


    2.Whatever file systems it does support, can you transfer from the hardrive to the phone only (read) or can you also transfer from the phone to the hardrive (write) also?

    3.Is Miracast ANd wifi direct supported?

    4. Is there a FM radio tuner?

    Thanks in advance for sharing.

    Posted via CB10
    Q3 and Q4 have been answered I suppose.

    Q1 and Q2 is with regards to USB otg and is hardware specific since all other BlackBerry 10 phones require a -as of now still unreleased - dock.

    Posted via CB10
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pttptppt View Post
    I have an early test version so if you have questions, I will answer what I'm allowed. And no, I don't have permission to post pics or vids

    Posted via CB10
    Does yours look like the ones that have been shown with the screen and battery size stamped on the back inside the device. Do you use NFC? Is there really no coil on the back cover?

    Trying to compare what some believe to be production units to test units. Hoping everything we've seen is preproduction/test/beta devices.
    Panda (white battery door black Zed)
    STL-3 OS 10.2.1.1055 if you dunno, you better ask somebody, this OS is awesome, it's only getting better
  23. pttptppt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,508 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    I don't use nfc but it's there. Also, it's a test device so yes, it says that info

    Posted via CB10
    In squircle, we trust
    Thanked by:
    OldSkoolVWLover (09-19-2013) 
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pttptppt View Post
    I don't use nfc but it's there. Also, it's a test device so yes, it says that info

    Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify, the NFC is on the removable back cover? We are having a debate in another thread and would like to clarify what we thought we weren't seeing.
    Panda (white battery door black Zed)
    STL-3 OS 10.2.1.1055 if you dunno, you better ask somebody, this OS is awesome, it's only getting better
  25. pttptppt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,508 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I don't know
    In squircle, we trust
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 11:38 PM
  2. That Z30 launch made me fist pumped!
    By badiyee in forum BlackBerry Z30
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 05:18 AM
  3. Z30 < Z10
    By Kah Carter in forum BlackBerry Z30
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  4. 600 pounds for Z30?
    By qcbarry25 in forum BlackBerry Z30
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 02:41 AM
  5. 600 pounds for z30
    By qcbarry25 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions