Okay...I've noticed that you're all r******d for wanting the Z30! Even MarsupilamiX wanting the Note 3 is r******d! I've actually found the perfect phone for everybody!

Imagine...when you are with your friends talking about the latest and greatest technology...when all of a sudden, a Polyphonic ringtime starts chiming through their incessant banter. Yes! You heard me! POLYPHONIC! The latest in digital audio technology!

Imagine...You're sitting with your friends on the side of the freeway throwing rocks at cars because you're all so very bored. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE BORED! You can choose from three games! Fortress! Space War! X-Flighter! Now, you can sit and play these AMAZING GAMES and get away with a Juvenile Accomplice record ONLY instead of Vandalism because you were too busy having THE BEST TIME EVER on your phone!

Imagine...you're in a club and your phone is sitting on the table but it's too loud to hear your ringtone...when all of a sudden, brightly coloured LED lights start flashing! IT'S A PHONE CALL! You pick it up and see on the front screen that notifies you WHO IS CALLING so you can choose not to answer that boring hag called your mother..."F**K THAT!" You say..."I'm not answering that!"

Featuring...a contact list of 1000! YES! You read that right! ONE THOUSAND contacts!
    128x128 4 Shade Greyscale Graphic Main LCD
    80x48 Front LCD display!
    7 Colour LED notification strip!
    You can even see your last ten calls made, received and missed!

YES! You all guessed correctly (Except you m***ns that didn't!)! I'm talking about the latest, the greatest SAMSUNG A800!

Z30 is here ;)-a800.jpeg

haha I used to have one of these. It was awesome. :-P

In all seriousness though, The Z30 looks decent and I would actually have it over my Z10 as long as I get the Dash 3 that has QI Wireless Charging. Though, as long as it comes through near the pricing that was announced in Malaysia. I would happily pay $600 (R6000 here in South Africa) for that bad-boy.

I'm not going to claim that it has the biggest and bestest junk in its pants because it doesn't but I would be happy with an all-over good phone. :-)
    Last edited by Nharzhool; 09-19-13 at 09:44 PM.
    MarsupilamiX and Blacklatino like this.
    09-19-13 09:25 PM
    ^
    I kind of like your comment, even though I cannot agree with your conclusion.

This is my spare phone right now:

An old Nokia 8800.

Edit:
    The 2g battery life and talk-time is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-20-13 at 01:09 AM.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-19-13 09:52 PM
    ^
    I kind of like your comment, even though I cannot agree with your conclusion.

This is my spare phone right now:

An old Nokia 8800.

Posted via CB10
    Well we can't all be rich guys...S**t that thing has a CAMERA! Also, it is Finnish. THAT IS JUST A JOKE, PEOPLE! PLEASE DON'T ATTACK ME! I love the Finnish, and I'm sure I will love them more when they become real people. ;-)

Dude...that thing SLIDES! That's awesome!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-19-13 10:00 PM
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and prophesize that Apple isn't going to shoot the (sales #s) lights out in the current Quarter; the 5S isn't winning ANY friends and the C is being shot down over its price, while the new iO/S7 is drawing criticism on MANY fronts ...

But those guys and their platform are teflon-coated so they might only sell 850,000 phones a week instead of 1,100,000 ... UNLIKE BBRY who started with a dynamite device that's only gotten better since Day1 and still got cut off at the knees in the first quarter.
    Mind you, that "random reboot" issue didn't help much ... and neither did about a dozen other factors.

Either way, despite being dragged through the mud right now, you can bet that Apple WILL still pull out good numbers.

Just my 2 cents from a penny-less country.
    Cheers & Keep Moving!

Apple and Samsung... are two different beasts... BlackBerry isn't going to be shifting units like them until they rebuild their ecosystem and reputation. You can still be a big player and shift much less units and still make millions in profits. If they are going to recover they need to head towards profits and not worry about silly units sells...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:25 PM
    Great! Now, I'll be throwing kicks (in my sleep) at the giant cat. LOL. This is probably one of the latest threads that represent an Old Miller Lite Beer Commercial....."taste great........no, less filling". Seriously, I think the Z30 will make members very happy that want to upgrade and will quiet "some" regarding the specs.. Everyone has an opinion based on likes/dislikes, but, it will still be a "personal" decision to buy one. Anyway, I'm passing on it and will continue with my Z10/SGlll combo for now. Unless someone wants to donate one to my personal charity called the "Me" foundation.
    09-19-13 10:26 PM
    I havent read the whole of the thread, but read most of it.

Everyone is so hung up on specs, why? Marius keeps going on about it.

Specs have almost no effect on the experience of operating a phone. They are all a similar level now.

There are two things that **** me off about a phone:

1) battery running out half way through the day. I am a power user, literally do most of my work from my phone (emails, browsing, online ecommerce system, phone calls, messaging, stock trading).

2) A laggy experience, which interrupts my work flow and reduces my efficiency.

I dont care if it is quad, dual, or single core as long as it does the job I need.

I have the Z10 at the moment, and it works great. Point 2 is fine. My main issue with it is because i am usually working from 0730 to 2200, i will need to charge it once a day.

For this reason the Z30 and/or Q10 appeal to me, so i think Blackbery have hit the nail on the head with this one.

Sure there is the group of consumers that buy based just on specs but that is not Blackberry's market.

More important than specs is the OS experience and the features which they offer. I think Blackberry has a solid offering here, and as the OS develops will overtake the competition.
    09-20-13 01:40 AM
    Snip...
    Sure there is the group of consumers that buy based just on specs but that is not Blackberry's market.
    And what exactly is BlackBerry's market?
    (a possible and honest answer would be: practically inexistant as of now)

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry markets to those who get things done. It's for people who place a very high value on their time. These people don't want to worry about the hassles of a phone. They want to do what they have to do as fast and efficiently as possible. They want a device that's versatile and delivers when they need it to, without fail.

I may have overdone it a bit, but you get the idea

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:21 AM
    BlackBerry markets to those who get things done. It's for people who place a very high value on their time. These people don't want to worry about the hassles of a phone. They want to do what they have to do as fast and efficiently as possible. They want a device that's versatile and delivers when they need it to, without fail.

I may have overdone it a bit, but you get the idea

Posted via CB10
    Like having to work out loading leaks and side loading apps. And spending half their day trying to work out Link. Check.
    09-20-13 02:39 AM
    Awesome!! Hope it's here in the UK!
    Join the queue at Selfridges now...! (Selfridges Z30 Release)
    09-20-13 02:46 AM
    Z30 has USB support http://n4bb.com/verizon-scoring-excl...ing/BlackBerry Z30 Supports USB Host with OS 10.2 - http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z30-suppo...-host-os-10-2/

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:21 AM
    Join the queue at Selfridges now...! (Selfridges Z30 Release)
    Carphone Warehouse 529 smackers.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-20-13 03:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Marsu, they do have a market, that is why they are producing and selling phones. Are you that stupid! To exist as a company, you can be a niche player.

The word you are looking for is non-existant. This is all relative. Their market is non existent relative to what?

The person below me pointed out what one of their markets is. They also have a strong presence in enterprise. You know there are about 60 million BlackBerry users right?

All you people who are so spec focused need to realise there are millions of people out there who really don't care.

Does the phone allow me to do what I want it to do. Check. Does it have enough battery to get me through the day. Check.

They don't care about side loading and getting the latest leaks.

Marsu you seem to be on a bit of a mission and failing terribly at it.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:49 AM
    Marsu, they do have a market, that is why they are producing and selling phones. Are you that stupid! To exist as a company, you can be a niche player.

The word you are looking for is non-existant. This is all relative. Their market is non existent relative to what?

The person below me pointed out what one of their markets is. They also have a strong presence in enterprise. You know there are about 60 million BlackBerry users right?

All you people who are so spec focused need to realise there are millions of people out there who really don't care.

Does the phone allow me to do what I want it to do. Check. Does it have enough battery to get me through the day. Check.

They don't care about side loading and getting the latest leaks.

Marsu you seem to be on a bit of a mission and failing terribly at it.

Posted via CB10
    Just so that I understand my mission myself...
    What should it be exactly?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:04 AM
    Why don't you address the points I made in my post.

Where I come from a colliquialism, saying to someone they "are on a mission" is another way of saying that they are either very determined or persistent with something.

I don't know how you have interpreted it.

So back to the points that I made, which you seem to completely ignore....

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 07:00 AM
    Like having to work out loading leaks and side loading apps. And spending half their day trying to work out Link. Check.
    What can I say? Were a bunch of frauds!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:45 AM
    Why don't you address the points I made in my post.

Where I come from a colliquialism, saying to someone they "are on a mission" is another way of saying that they are either very determined or persistent with something.

I don't know how you have interpreted it.

So back to the points that I made, which you seem to completely ignore....

Posted via CB10
    Do I really need to say something about their possible market, after today's news?

If it's necessary I can, but what was announced today is pretty much self explanatory.
    And the price of the Z30 is still too high.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-21-13 at 04:21 PM.
    09-21-13 01:31 PM
    Do I really need to say something about their possible market, after today's news?

If it's necessary I can, but what was announced today is pretty much self explanatory.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that ..just what I wanted to see after the announcement. I will not respond anymore, I just don't care what your thoughts are
    09-21-13 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm you just proved yourself wrong. The report today said that they had sold phones. So there is an addressable market. It may not be huge, but as I mentioned before it doesn't have to be.

Bravo for not addressing any of the points in either of my posts. The press release changes nothing about the z30, its specs, or whether it will sell or not. All my points before are just as valid.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:41 PM
144 ... 456