Loise looks like you hit the nail right on the head. OP something is wrong with your setup. Just do a wipe, and clean install and add your accounts and apps one by one to see if there is any unusual drain coming from anything specific.

Posted from that new Z30
    I did a wipe now like you said. And installed nothing. I will upload screenshots of device monitor soon
    04-26-14 06:21 AM
    While using the Z30 , I too had to face same problem. However, when I got a chance to go through this post Samsung Galaxy S5 - Galaxy S5 Pay Monthly Deals I came to know about a device that guarantees you for the best performance. Hence, I would like to suggest you that please think twice before choosing a device.
    Im not buying "a device". Im buying "a BlackBerry". It may have problems. But im gonna fix them. If you don't like BlackBerry you must think twice.
    daniel_gh likes this.
    04-26-14 06:24 AM
    What about your network and/or wifi connection ?
    These could also generate some battery drain...if something is not right.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:27 AM
    What about your network and/or wifi connection ?
    These could also generate some battery drain...if something is not right.

Posted via CB10
    I always stand the phone in 2g when i dont upload or download something. i surf the net on 2g also its getting 37-38 C hot. When im not surfing the net, i close the data services
    04-26-14 07:49 AM
    I think 2101/2141 is the official update for sta-5, maybe you need to find a difference leaks

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:15 AM
    While using the Z30 , I too had to face same problem. However, when I got a chance to go through this post Samsung Galaxy S5 - Galaxy S5 Pay Monthly Deals I came to know about a device that guarantees you for the best performance. Hence, I would like to suggest you that please think twice before choosing a device.
    Are you suggesting switching to Android? How does this help the OP? And since this is your first post, are you a troll? Noone here wants any Samsung phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by igor10000; 04-26-14 at 09:36 AM.
    fbloise likes this.
    04-26-14 09:25 AM
    As previously suggested, you may have a bad install and need to re-install the OS. If your battery is still draining quickly in the next couple of days, search around CB for a link to the OS you want to install and try doing a fresh install that way. Sometimes that's the only solution.
    No. I did a wipe and the issue was back on the fresh system. It is all about looping processes in the background.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:27 AM
    No. I did a wipe and the issue was back on the fresh system. It is all about looping processes in the background.

Posted via CB10
    Its exactly true. But how can we fix it :S
    04-26-14 11:05 AM
    Its exactly true. But how can we fix it :S
    Get a newer OS? I'm running .2156 / .2228 from T-mobile on my STA 100-3 without any issues. There are newer ones out there so why are you settling?

Posted from that new Z30
    04-26-14 11:33 AM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 05:31 PM.
    ediggity and fbloise like this.
    04-26-14 12:48 PM
    I was trying to replicate the OP's problems when I came across the "BlackBerry Z30 is the best device in the Universe and Android, iOS and Windows suck" button. Now look at the battery performance I'm getting since I pressed that button.

AMAZING....

Attachment 265950

Posted via CB10
    My phone sucks :S gettin from %64 to 50 about an half hour and overheating.
    Last edited by Isa Gumus; 04-26-14 at 05:49 PM.
    04-26-14 04:19 PM
    I was trying to replicate the OP's problems when I came across the "BlackBerry Z30 is the best device in the Universe and Android, iOS and Windows suck" button. Now look at the battery performance I'm getting since I pressed that button.

AMAZING....

Attachment 265950

Posted via CB10

Hey! You've learned the secret to long-lasting battery life!

EVERYONE! Don't use your phone, EVER, and you too will see these amazing results!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Isa Gumus likes this.
    04-26-14 04:43 PM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 05:31 PM.
    04-26-14 05:10 PM
    Well, look what I momentarily got on my Z10:
    Z30 heating and draining fast-img_20140410_115634.png

We all know this is impossible on Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:24 PM
    Let's all post pictures of how our battery is doing great, that'll cheer OP up.
    Isa Gumus likes this.
    04-26-14 09:31 PM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 05:21 PM.
    Djlatino and ediggity like this.
    04-27-14 12:00 AM
    I don't think that an OTA update would affect this either as no info on the phone was actually wiped. I could be wrong about the OTA update though. Never checked my Device Monitor after an update. I know that it will take at least a couple of days for the battery, and my usage, to settle down and behave normally after an update lol

OS updates are well known to cause very high battery usage after the update.

If you do an in-place/OTA/non-destructive update, the battery drain is USUALLY not that pronounced, but depending on how the update progressed it CAN still drain the battery heavily for as long as several days after an OS update.

Telling someone to re-install the OS in such a case - if they have not waited at least a few days for the OS to settle after an update - is irresponsible. Because it might just start that cycle all over again.

The OS after a major update will spend a lot of time moving files around, building indexes and caches and synchronizing accounts.

If the "SYSTEM" line in device monitor battery tab is running a very high percentage - as the OP's second screenshot shows* - this suggests that the OS is still in the process of "settling".

*(Actually the OP's second screenshot shows a high "CPU" usage... and this can be misleading because the CPU tab is an "instantaneous" statistic, not a "cumulative" statistic like the battery tab.)

If the "PIM SERVICES" line in device monitor battery tab is running a very high percentage - this indicates that the device is allocating high resources to the process of syncing the following data: email, and/or calendar, and/or contacts, and/or Remember/Evernote notes. Or possibly certain file synchronization. (ie Box.com/Dropbox.com)

I installed Skype.
    That is a well known battery draining app.

However if that is the culprit in this particular case, you should see it showing high on your device monitor battery tab. (I believe that in some cases, ie when the Skype app is not visible and is running in the background, that it may not show up as "Skype" and may in fact become a component of the "System" resources, as it is using BB10 push services for message updates.)

Android apps - in general - are infamous for battery drain issues. The Skype BB10 app that is available in BlackBerry World is actually an Android app, packaged for BB10.
    Isa Gumus likes this.
    04-27-14 06:54 AM
    OS updates are well known to cause very high battery usage after the update.

If you do an in-place/OTA/non-destructive update, the battery drain is USUALLY not that pronounced, but depending on how the update progressed it CAN still drain the battery heavily for as long as several days after an OS update.

Telling someone to re-install the OS in such a case - if they have not waited at least a few days for the OS to settle after an update - is irresponsible. Because it might just start that cycle all over again.

The OS after a major update will spend a lot of time moving files around, building indexes and caches and synchronizing accounts.

If the "SYSTEM" line in device monitor battery tab is running a very high percentage - as the OP's second screenshot shows* - this suggests that the OS is still in the process of "settling".

*(Actually the OP's second screenshot shows a high "CPU" usage... and this can be misleading because the CPU tab is an "instantaneous" statistic, not a "cumulative" statistic like the battery tab.)

If the "PIM SERVICES" line in device monitor battery tab is running a very high percentage - this indicates that the device is allocating high resources to the process of syncing the following data: email, and/or calendar, and/or contacts, and/or Remember/Evernote notes. Or possibly certain file synchronization. (ie Box.com/Dropbox.com)

That is a well known battery draining app.

However if that is the culprit in this particular case, you should see it showing high on your device monitor battery tab. (I believe that in some cases, ie when the Skype app is not visible and is running in the background, that it may not show up as "Skype" and may in fact become a component of the "System" resources, as it is using BB10 push services for message updates.)

Android apps - in general - are infamous for battery drain issues. The Skype BB10 app that is available in BlackBerry World is actually an Android app, packaged for BB10.
    Thank you for the answer dear.
    04-27-14 09:22 AM
    Let's all post pictures of how our battery is doing great, that'll cheer OP up.
    No, let�s all pretend we never saw a single thread here about Z10/Z30 overheating/battery drain and suggest a reboot or wipe and reinstall. That will surely help
    Isa Gumus, xenrobia and Djlatino like this.
    04-27-14 01:47 PM
    Thank you for the answer dear.
    You are welcome.

So how long has it been since your OS update? Would you like to post a new screenshot of the "battery" tab of device monitor, set to "last 24 hours"?

I'm curious where it is at now.
    04-27-14 08:23 PM
    You are welcome.

So how long has it been since your OS update? Would you like to post a new screenshot of the "battery" tab of device monitor, set to "last 24 hours"?

I'm curious where it is at now.
    Z30 heating and draining fast-img_20140429_142554.png
    Z30 heating and draining fast-img_20140429_122450.png
    As a big blackberry fan, im really tired of this ******* blackberry.!
    04-29-14 06:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140429_142554.png 
Views:	888 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	266619

That looks like you've got the screen on a lot and the web browser is taking a lot of battery.

Please do not use "Since last charge" because we have no idea when "last charge" was.

Use "Last 12 hours" and let the screen be idle for a while and see how it looks. OF COURSE the battery is not going to last if you never stop playing with the device all day long.
    04-29-14 03:15 PM
    That looks like you've got the screen on a lot and the web browser is taking a lot of battery.

Please do not use "Since last charge" because we have no idea when "last charge" was.

Use "Last 12 hours" and let the screen be idle for a while and see how it looks. OF COURSE the battery is not going to last if you never stop playing with the device all day long.
    It is not a hard use. Only was browsing the crackberry on 3g. How long can I browse that but refreshing pages in several minutes? You thought that I used it for 8hours? Omg what do you think I'm complaining about....also How it became 44 C? A z30 mustn't be like that. Also the charging has stopped at 96percent and not charging. These are causes for me to throw away this phone.
    04-29-14 03:31 PM
    It is not a hard use. Only was browsing the crackberry on 3g. How long can I browse that but refreshing pages in several minutes? You thought that I used it for 8hours? Omg what do you think I'm complaining about....also How it became 44 C? A z30 mustn't be like that. Also the charging has stopped at 96percent and not charging. These are causes for me to throw away this phone.
    Why it is hot depends first on what the local temperature is. If the local ambient temperature you are operating it in is already ie 37 C, it would not take much to heat it to 44 C internally.

What I would personally like to know is what sort of power usage it is using while idle. Because the usual problem for people who have continuous battery problems is that there is high idle power consumption.

Then if we rule out idle power drain, we can consider what sort of active operations you are engaging in which might cause high power usage.

There are many, many variables. For example, if you operate a device in an area with poor mobile signal strength, it will use much more power because the device has to turn up transmit power and/or spend a lot of time "seeking" for a signal.

You may want to consider installing Battery Guru, which shows actual power drain over time in watts, which makes it easier to compare. On a good day with my device idle (ie overnight) with only background email account updates occurring, my power drain can be as low as .03 watt. (Which translates into something like 3 day battery life)

It also makes it easy to see if your charger is providing good charging power. (Amazing how much difference a poor USB cable can make in terms of charging power)
    04-30-14 12:27 AM
    I use BBZ30 AND UPDATED my BB
    Vut dont have this problem that you told.in charging in wifing in gaming in updating and anything,of course tnx god tnx BB

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 01:50 AM
87 1234