At first I thought it was my old phone that had this problem, then it happened with my new Z30. Here's the deal, I'm listening to music with headphones that have a built in mic, and I have had this with numerous pairs, and then randomly the volume goes all the way to the max. I reset the phone, then it does it again after about 5 minutes, very irritating. What I have noticed is that it does not happen when I use regular headphones, without a built in mic. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who has had the issue and there is a fix.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:24 PM
    Is there some slider or "electro-touch sensitive" switch that reacts on the mic portion. Are you plugged in all the way so that the contacts are not shorting out inadvertently?
    10-03-15 04:30 PM
    I'm plugged in all the way and the headphones have no volume control.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 06:01 PM
    Hi there,

I'm seeing the same behaviour on my new Z30. I've seen some suggestions it is a hardware issue (back cover actuating the button) so I may try shaving a bit off to see if that helps, however, I suspect it is some sort of automatic volume management coming from the music app itself.
    10-26-15 09:23 AM
    I used to experience this with CascaRun. An update from them and it hasn't happened since. To be on the safe side, I don't adjust the volume while using it.

I go into the app settings and disable the side volume buttons.

On 10.3.2.2474

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-26-15 09:35 AM
    What I have figured out, I think, is that at certain places specifically the gym, when it gets humid and musky, it would raise up on its own. What I have been doing before I work out is spray alcohol on the jack, and clean it, then plug it in. So far so good.

Or just buy headphones without a microphone.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:38 AM
    What I have figured out, I think, is that at certain places specifically the gym, when it gets humid and musky, it would raise up on its own. What I have been doing before I work out is spray alcohol on the jack, and clean it, then plug it in. So far so good.

Or just buy headphones without a microphone.

Posted via CB10
    I concur that there is something to that. When I was exercising is when this would happen.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-26-15 09:44 AM
    I get all jumpy when I hear the volume raise a little bit... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 12:13 PM