Hi all.

Appologies, in advance. I know there are other threads in the forum that have dealt with this or attemped to. I have been through them and still have email woes.

Here is MY dilemma... Canadian Telus Z30, unlocked. Had issues at start up. Called Telus. Deleted/added gmail account SEVERAL times, while on the phone with the Telus rep. got it sorted out (I don't know how???) Now I'm in Australia,had to reset to factory settings. now gmail issues are killing me, in Australia. I have deleted/re-added my gmail account, multiple times now, as before and followed the advice in the other threads, but with no success. I have a Voda sim and and had no issues.

Any Help with settings or correct series of events would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank you.
    11-04-13 02:24 PM
    Bump for you, sorry to hear about the troubles. Not having email while travelling is a bad thing.

Here's hoping that Omnitech sees this and has time to respond. If anyone can help you, it's him.
    Last edited by mset; 11-05-13 at 06:22 AM.
    11-04-13 02:32 PM
    thanks mset. I'm not travelling, this is where I work. This is so frustrating. Yeah, hopefully Omnitech can help me out... If he sees this thread.
    11-04-13 11:45 PM
    You haven't stated what issue you're having, so it's difficult to know where to start... Take a look at these recent CB guides for Gmail:
    Also, please remember that in a pinch, Gmail in the mobile browser is an option.
    rigwrecker and mset like this.
    11-05-13 07:27 AM
    You haven't stated what issue you're having, so it's difficult to know where to start... Take a look at these recent CB guides for Gmail:
    Also, please remember that in a pinch, Gmail in the mobile browser is an option.
    Apologies....

Can't reply to incoming email. Can't send new email. Anything outgoing seems to be "stop signed." A red circle with a white horizontal bar through the center of it appears after it thinks about maybe possibly sending it.
    11-05-13 01:24 PM
    Apologies....

Can't reply to incoming email. Can't send new email. Anything outgoing seems to be "stop signed." A red circle with a white horizontal bar through the center of it appears after it thinks about maybe possibly sending it.
    Let's start with this. Go to Settings > Accounts > your Gmail account. Scroll down, make sure of the following:
    SMTP user name: [your gmail account]
    SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
    Server port: 465
    SMTP encryption: SSL

Give that a shot, then let us know the result.
    Media Warrior likes this.
    11-05-13 01:45 PM
    @Elessar.cm, Thank you. I obviously hadn't found Adams thread. That worked! All the other threads were vague. Thanks for the help!
    11-05-13 01:58 PM
    @Elessar.cm, Thank you. I obviously hadn't found Adams thread. That worked! All the other threads were vague. Thanks for the help!
    No problem. Cheers!
    11-05-13 03:56 PM