Does anyone know how to have a forwarding text #. I sell things online through craigslist and would love to have the ability to have people text me but won't give out my phone #. I have an additional line I don't use with Big Red but hate to carry an additional phone.

Figured I would ask

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 08:05 AM
    You can do this via Skype, but it's not free, also you might be able to do it via Google Voice, but I'm not sure if they are taking any new sign ups.

Skype - Free internet calls and online cheap calls to phones and mobiles

https://www.google.com/voice
    baspeed likes this.
    07-02-14 09:18 AM
    Not quite SMS forwarding but I use an app called SMS to Email, as you might guess sends your SMS messages wherever you want by email. It's .99 in the store. I saw there is an app called Message X for $3.99 that does the same plus it says it can forward SMS.

Also, I know years ago, Rogers in Canada had that service setup on their website so it didn't require any kind of app. I don't know if any carriers have that feature anymore.
    baspeed likes this.
    07-02-14 09:47 AM
    There's BBM option as well..just a pin...and yes, well aware of the pro's and cons...

Z30 144GB
    07-03-14 02:54 AM
    There's BBM option as well..just a pin...and yes, well aware of the pro's and cons...

Z30 144GB
    How much u paid for 128gb memory card??

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:08 AM
    kets4ever.....not much, mates rate deal through business.

Z30 144GB
    07-03-14 04:57 AM
    Not quite SMS forwarding but I use an app called SMS to Email, as you might guess sends your SMS messages wherever you want by email. It's .99 in the store. I saw there is an app called Message X for $3.99 that does the same plus it says it can forward SMS.

Also, I know years ago, Rogers in Canada had that service setup on their website so it didn't require any kind of app. I don't know if any carriers have that feature anymore.
    I have used the Message X app and it works well for forwarding SMS. The only problem (if I remember right) is that if you respond to the text, it will come from your number, not the one the person sent it to. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have to respond from the forwarded phone, but if you just want to receive the messages, then it works fine.

What you need is some kind of SMS proxy. I would assume something like that exists.

*** Update: You might look at Google Voice like pkcable suggested. The app doesn't work on my 10.2.1 device, but the website looks good via the browser. I ported my old mobile number over to them and from there you can choose what you want forwarded (calls, sms etc) to your other number.
    Last edited by fstick09; 07-03-14 at 10:15 AM.
    baspeed likes this.
    07-03-14 09:48 AM
    Why not just use one of the texting apps that provide you with your own number for texting? Pinger, Heywire, TextNow are but a few options that would serve the purpose of allowing text from your phone without revealing your actual number. Just a thought.
    baspeed likes this.
    07-06-14 12:53 PM
    Why not just use one of the texting apps that provide you with your own number for texting? Pinger, Heywire, TextNow are but a few options that would serve the purpose of allowing text from your phone without revealing your actual number. Just a thought.
    Honda checking out. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:35 AM