I've just found an eBay Z30 at a good price. However, the problem is, it doesn't seem to want to retain any changes made through the settings app. It won't retain language, country (therefore timezone and all time settings), wallpaper, etc, although it does retain the date. And most important, it won't retain my BBID settings either. Once the power is switched off, it seems to reset itself.

I've tried a software update, and I'm just about to try a security wipe. But has anyone else had this issue? What could be causing it?

Thanks in advance,

Nigel
    Last edited by fof9l; 05-22-15 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Clarity
    05-22-15 02:15 AM
    Can you return the phone to the person you purchased it from? May possibly be a problem with something on the motherboard.

If you can't, then a full wipe and OS reload as you suggested. How is the battery?

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.500
    Never seen or heard of that issue. It's not a stolen phone is it? If it's legit then I would do a full wipe and re-install. If that doesn't work then contact BlackBerry
    fof9l likes this.
    05-22-15 02:17 AM
    Can you return the phone to the person you purchased it from? May possibly be a problem with something on the motherboard.

If you can't, then a full wipe and OS reload as you suggested. How is the battery?

fof9l likes this.
    05-22-15 02:43 AM

Glad you asked - I just tried to switch it on this morning and it's totally dead. Won't even charge. Think I'll contact the seller as you suggested.
    05-22-15 10:35 AM
    With apologies for a few days offline, I've tried a wipe-and-reload, but that was giving me difficulties with the whole wi-fi system. Tried an auto-download to install 2243 (which I know works on the Z30; my wife's is using that with no issues) and although everything now works (wifi, BBM, Blackberry world, etc., and email) it still won't retain anything when rebooted, and the apps I added by way of experiment have disappeared. It's almost like it's doing a reload of the OS every time I reboot. I have a friend who works for a carrier with deep roots into BlackBerry, and he's offered to run some diagnostics on it. We'll see what comes up. Thanks for the assistance - if you hear or think of anything else, please let me know.

Oh, and by the way, when I boot up, the LED flashes red for a second or two (as usual), then it goes out, and when it comes on again during the boot process, it's BLUE, which I've never seen before. Any ideas?
    05-26-15 12:05 AM
    Any luck contacting the seller? You shouldn't have to deal with this.

fof9l likes this.
    05-26-15 01:25 AM
    With apologies for a few days offline, I've tried a wipe-and-reload, but that was giving me difficulties with the whole wi-fi system. Tried an auto-download to install 2243 (which I know works on the Z30; my wife's is using that with no issues) and although everything now works (wifi, BBM, Blackberry world, etc., and email) it still won't retain anything when rebooted, and the apps I added by way of experiment have disappeared. It's almost like it's doing a reload of the OS every time I reboot. I have a friend who works for a carrier with deep roots into BlackBerry, and he's offered to run some diagnostics on it. We'll see what comes up. Thanks for the assistance - if you hear or think of anything else, please let me know.

Oh, and by the way, when I boot up, the LED flashes red for a second or two (as usual), then it goes out, and when it comes on again during the boot process, it's BLUE, which I've never seen before. Any ideas?
    I think that's a known issue affecting some devices. BlackBerry released a fix for it. It's somewhere in their knowledge base.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 05-28-15 at 06:19 AM.
    fof9l likes this.
    05-26-15 07:47 AM
    To everyone who has responded and helped: Thanks for all the suggestions. I did find out that this was a problem that was not unique to me, and that so many others had had the same problem that BlackBerry has released an executable fix for it. If anyone wants to follow this through, you can find it at Document 36747 in the BlackBerry Support Knowlegebase.

I ran it, rebooted, and hey presto - I could download the new system, install apps, log onto my BBID, all without the Z30 losing its settings when I switched off. The phone now works as it should!! Very welcome news.
    howards, MobileMadness002 and FF22 like this.
    05-28-15 12:35 AM
    Great news! Thanks for posting as I'm sure it will help someone else down the road. Enjoy your phone!

05-28-15 02:29 AM
    05-28-15 08:58 AM