Did I say it had a quad core GPU? No, but it runs like hell.
    And those phones are from last year. They are at best mid-high range now. They no longer reach the performance capabilities of the S4 or the One. (and the G2, and the Honami, etc)
    You were talking about processors, he was talking about the S4 phone. I think that's where the confusion was

You people living in some alternative reality, rooted somewhere in 2008... to put it in a way that you might understand: 'a lot of folks' couldn't care less about BlackBerry in general, much less about their phones, BlackBerry lost its brand power long time ago while Mr Lazaritis and his ilks were having their sweet time fiddling with a proto-BB10... if anything then BB has a negative brand effect - and if you want to overcome that you need to do something very bold, out of ordinary, to get noticed, to get a chance to get into the hands of people.
    Wake up, people, BB has no chance to grow organically over a period of years, the launch of BB10 with these idiotic staged device releases was amateur.
    The statement in bold is the first thing I have ever agreed with you on. Touche

What about the quad core GPU that was rumored for the A10, is that mediocre?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    It's the Adreno 320, the same GPU on the Snapdragon 600. Its the same GPU in the HTC One, the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy S4 Active, and the LG Optimus G Pro.

Thing about that is, that the phone has to have a removable battery. Which fewer and fewer phones have these days. The most you can hope for is a battery case and even those aren't made for every phone. That's why I need a phone that has a good accessory ecosystem.

And why's that? I agree that it's nice, but if you want thinner and bigger, Im pretty sure the battery has to be permanent. We're talking about the A10 here, not the Z10
    Last edited by LWKING; 07-30-13 at 03:04 PM.
    07-30-13 02:40 PM
    Did I say it had a quad core GPU? No, but it runs like hell.
    And those phones are from last year. They are at best mid-high range now. They no longer reach the performance capabilities of the S4 or the One. (and the G2, and the Honami, etc)
    They are depending on manufacturer. Like the Nexus 4 is one of the smoothest android phones out there next to the HTC One.

07-30-13 06:00 PM
    You were talking about processors, he was talking about the S4 phone. I think that's where the confusion was

The statement in bold is the first thing I have ever agreed with you on. Touche

It's the Adreno 320, the same GPU on the Snapdragon 600. Its the same GPU in the HTC One, the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy S4 Active, and the LG Optimus G Pro.

And why's that? I agree that it's nice, but if you want thinner and bigger, Im pretty sure the battery has to be permanent. We're talking about the A10 here, not the Z10
    If its the same gpu as current android flagships, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Also a phone can be large and have a removable battery. (Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Mega, any Samsung phone really.)

07-30-13 06:04 PM
    If its the same gpu as current android flagships, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Also a phone can be large and have a removable battery. (Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Mega, any Samsung phone really.)

Yeah its a good thing. And you're right, apparently im getting a little rusty with my tech knowledge.
    07-30-13 06:19 PM
54 123