Got thru initial surge of loosing contacts and calendar items about a year ago - what a mess!

As an individual with no secretarial or engineering help, I pretty much am left to my own
    resources and do not need and do not want dynamic/automatic syncing of my contacts and
    calendar items with HQ. I have tried switching email, contacts, and calendar sync intervals
    to 'manual' - basically it does not work 100% of the time and I get mail to my Z30 at unwanted times and some contact changes also.

Then I tried switching on my Linkedin account - big mistake ! Over a period of two weeks
    I went from 150 contacts to 77 contacts, including loss of over a third of my favorites.

So now I am trying the following: delete all accounts and then reactivate only an email
    account and do not include reactivation of its associated contacts and calendar channels.
    Eventually I may retry turning on my Linkedin account...

My daughter brought me up to speed with MS Outlook and I am using it to generate and
    maintain my contacts. You can get it to output your contact vcf files by creating a
    dummy email and attaching multiple contacts to it and then copying these addresses all
    at once to a file on your PC.

Contacts are a mess and if you rely on secretaries or engineering, you owe them bigtime !

The BB app Contactx wants to deal with multiple vcf files in a folder, but it is not ready for
    prime time. Instead, I am currently using Super File Manager Pro to read my vcf files one
    at a time and generating a contact on my Z30. Will work for like 100-200 contacts.
    For thousands of contacts, you gotta get Contactx working right on a folder of vcf files.

Contactx does seem to generate a save file of all my contacts - it is one file. Both Contactx
    and MS Outlook contact files are text files and can be read with a text editor.
    03-18-14 12:32 PM
    BB 10 contact management could definitely be better!
    03-18-14 03:38 PM