Treble boost video - only 10 seconds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwpvmxnb70...212_194044.mp4

Posted via CB10
    I can't see this on Z30. Why doesn't it open in dropbox app really weird.

I will check it when I get home.
    In the meantime I noticed a difference with treble boost as well. I also wonder something if Z30 actually automatically boost based on environment.

Posted from Z30STA100-3 on AT&T
    02-12-14 07:07 PM
    When all the hype smoke clears, it IS still a phone, no matter all the toys & bells you tack on it. I like my iPhone 5...I really do, but I would have never bought it in the first place if the earpiece volume wasn't up to par. The Z10 was pretty good...but the screen size didn't make it worth jumping ship. If the Z30 is worthless outdoors or in a noisy environment...it's worthless to me, no matter how great the screen and all the multimedia toys are.

I hope that BlackBerry can improve this weakness soon, if it really isn't a hardware issue.
    I have an iphone 5s and the earpiece volume isn't quite as loud as my Z30 on the latest update.
    02-12-14 10:05 PM
    Just got back from the Verizon store where I actually got a chance to play with a fully functional Z30 that an employee was carrying. I played with the volume keys, turned up the treble, turned up the music volume...basically tried every dang thing that has been mentioned here, with absolutely no change in the too low incoming call earpiece volume. That really irks me when both the earpiece in-call volume is perfectly usable on both the Q10 & Z10 devices...and my iPhone 5.

I am very disappointed since I really want to come back to BlackBerry, and I appreciate the multimedia displays on the new BB's...but first and foremost a device is a mobile phone to me and if the volume of the incoming call isn't easy to hear, even in noise outside or inside conditions...it is unusable to me. I don't really want a Q10 (screen size...although I love the keypad, I don't send as many texts as I used to), or a Z10...

So, I guess it's a sad "goodbye" to BlackBerry for me. I'm kinda bummed.
    05-09-14 11:32 AM
    So far I have found the volume to be OK but I haven't been in a noisy environment when on a call yet. I do find I have to get the sweet spot on my ear.
    05-09-14 11:57 AM
    I might have been lucky, mine is plenty loud enough, but one use by my wife stumbled on how to hold it, the noise cancelling speakers are the 2 pin holes below the volume buttons, block them and the volume will be low as it thinks you are in a quiet area. A cover that covers them will give you the same problem.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-09-14 11:04 PM
    You shouldn't have to hold a mobile device a specific way just to adequately hear an incoming call in every everyday background situation. BlackBerry seems to have forgotten, in their mad quest to scramble out of the hole they have dug for themselves, that mobile communication devices are just that...COMMUNICATION devices. It is, after all, just a mobile phone with computer functionality tacked on. Maybe BlackBerry needs to adjust their priorities.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    05-10-14 07:38 AM
    TLD1... I offered a solution that may help people. All the phones I have owned have had their own issues, I won't bore you with the extensive multi brand list. The best phone for you is your choice. The world's best hammer is useless to me if I need a saw.
    05-11-14 07:15 PM
32 12