Hello again,

I have only been on a BB10 device for a few month, but now I encounter my first real problem, I can not solve myself.
    Since this morning my Z30 running 10.2.0., will not allow any calls using the earpiece speaker. I had several calls this morning, all without hearing a sound and the volume was all the way up. When I switch to speaker phone it works. Likewise I can use the phone with headphones plugged in.
    Just last night I made a Skype call, and was a bit confused to why I was only able to use the speakerphone, and the camera did not work. I dismissed that as the usual Skype glitch and left it at that. Also in the last week or so, when I start Skype it got stuck for a quiet a while before I could select anything, such as the user online list et.
    Considering these events I wonder, if Skype has stuffed up my phone?
    I deleted Skype but so far that has not made a difference (restarted once since).
    I am also still waiting for 10.2.1 and had hoped that this might solve my problem pronto... :-(
    Has anyone had a similar experience and knows about a way to resolve this please?

Cheers Pacco
    Last edited by paccoli; 02-04-14 at 08:03 AM. Reason: made a few small mistakes
    02-04-14 07:59 AM
    Hello. Have you had anything plugged into the earphone jack? If so try plugging and unplugging it a couple times.

I assume you have rebooted?
    02-04-14 08:24 AM
    Hi,
    yes, I have rebooted about 3 times now, and once after deleting Skype.
    Just did a backup and rebooting again. I had inserted headphones multiple times during the day without any change.
    And since I had no idea what else I could try I tried the forum in hope for a good idea
    :-/
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 09:15 AM
    I had the same problem with my z10 and finally figured it out. Cannot remember now. Will give it a lot of thought and repost when i remember. But there is a easy fix.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:18 AM
    That would be fantastic!
    Additionally I also saw, that all the reviews in BB world for Skype in the last to days are saying that it is Skype.
    Hoping to get it solved soon.

Cheerio
    02-04-14 09:55 AM
    Are you running sayit? The headless feature can cause tons of issues, I had to uninstall it on my phone to fix issues with sound.

Posted via my awesome Z30!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 02:20 PM
    Not sure what sayit is. Is that an app? In that case the answer would be no. I have only installed Skype as an additional communication sw.
    By the by, it would be nice, if BB and Skype would manage to include Skype a bit more into the OS. such as calling someone through Skype from the built in phone book for example. :-/
    Anyway, no change this morning, still not working.
    02-04-14 06:16 PM
    Just a little update.
    I have had the 10.2.1 update yesterday and nothing has changed, the problem remained. As a precaution, I had removed Skype from the phone (just in case it was the culprit) beforehand, in case the update rectify it.

Could you let me know what 'sayit' is and what I could try to resolve this?
    I don't think it is a broken speaker unit, but who knows...?
    02-05-14 05:52 PM
    Say it is an app. I'm not sure if it is pre installed or not.
    02-05-14 06:09 PM