Guys I got my Z30 last week after upgrading it from Z10.

I used Z10 for around 2 Years (it's awesome device except Battery ).

I want to know how durable and robust is Z30?

Is it having metal frame?

What about the Screen(is it gorilla )?

I can feel the built quality of this machine but I wanted to know your real time reviews as you guys are using this for long time.

Thanking you in advance !!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:40 AM
    Relax, you have one of the well build phones. It does have metal frame, but don't let any gorilla sit on it. It uses Gorilla glass, but don't try to prove it but scratching with metal keys on it. Keep it clean, get yourself decent case, pouch, or whatever you like to protect it while in transit, and it will last long enough...

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:24 AM
    Relax, you have one of the well build phones. It does have metal frame, but don't let any gorilla sit on it. It uses Gorilla glass, but don't try to prove it but scratching with metal keys on it. Keep it clean, get yourself decent case, pouch, or whatever you like to protect it while in transit, and it will last long enough...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Dear,
    Which case do you recommend?
    I'm thinking to purchase BlackBerry OEM Flip Case, will it does good job?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:28 AM
    I use to keep mine in a pocket pouch. Stupid me would put the phone in my top jacket pocket. I bend over on cement to pick something up and out goes my phone bang on the concrete, of course on the top edge where the pouch doesn't protect it. Stupid me did this at least 7 times before the corner of my screen cracked. It still works fine and isn't that big of a crack. I did replace the screen but that went out and I'm back to using the old cracked screen. I did learn (duh) not to put my phone in that pocket again but also got a bumper that covers all edges.

I'd say it's pretty durable.
    12-21-14 08:38 AM
    It's a great piece of equipment, unless dropped directly onto it's corner. I dropped mine from a sitting position onto the floor. Shattered the screen, had to get a new device. I suggest a good case for it if your prone to dropping. It was my first ever drop in 11 years of owning a phone and breaking one. That to say, I will keep the Z30 for as long as it lasts, it has been dropped, kicked, bounced, OH, I drove over it with a Polaris RZR and it didn't break. (on accident). Good luck I use a rubber case with hard corner and back now!
    12-21-14 08:38 AM
    The Z30 is very solid and durable. I would recommend a case to protect it from scratches. Even a slim gel skin helps.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-21-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks Dear,
    Which case do you recommend?
    I'm thinking to purchase BlackBerry OEM Flip Case, will it does good job?

Posted via CB10
    I have all the cases for the Z30:

1). The Otterbox Commuter is rugged and offers two layers of protection. It is a bit bulky, but offers excellent impact protection. Only slight problem is the port for the cables is a bit tight and the piece of plastic olive the port cab break off.

2). The Otterbox Defender offers three layers of protection, and is very bulky. It has an integrated permanent screen protector which can make the touch screen a bit difficult to use. The holster belt clop is good for outdoor workers.

3). The BlackBerry leather holster is good. It is a bit tight at first before the leather wears in. There is minimal protection for one edge on the top, however. It has the BlackBerry magnets that turns off the screen when inserted.

4). The BlackBerry Pocket is good. It is slim and light, but leaves one edge exposed. It is a bit tight at first before the leather wears in. It has the BlackBerry magnets that turns off the screen when inserted.

5). The BlackBerry flip case is good too. It looks very professional, but you have to remove the glass weave back an d replace it with the flip case back. Three edges of the phone remain exposed. You have to keep the flip case open to plug in the cable in the port.

6). The BlackBerry Transform shell is not so good. It leaves much of the phone's edges exposed. The flip out stand is too weak to hold up the phone as a stand.

7). Gel skins are good. Any snap on slim gel case that covers all edges is good (try Adreama or Affinity).

pvphooman likes this.
    12-21-14 08:51 AM
    I paid USD 39 for a Blackberry Transform case. What a waste of money.

... Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 ...
    12-21-14 10:00 AM
    Guys, what is the reason why BlackBerry never promoted Z30 as robust and durable phone?
    Currently they are promoting Passport and Classic as durable.
    I think Z30 is unsung hero.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:14 AM
    I have just taken over a Z30 from someone else in the family who just got a Passport.

He had used it since October 2013 in a very physically demanding job where the phone was treated quite roughly. Shoved into dirty pockets, dropped onto concrete several times. From new, it has been protected by the OEM Transform Shell. This case is useless as a "stand" but for protection, it has been ideal. The Z30 in my hands is undamaged expect for some truly unnoticeable dings in the trim, no scratches on the glass, buttons all working, pretty much no damage. The Transform Shell has done its job.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:35 AM
    I guess I am unlucky. It's been just a little more than one month my transform shell case got inflated at the back side below the camera. So the case looks like as if it is pregnant

Secondly, the inner side of the upper left corner protector 'ate' my bezel near the earphone port. It is a really deep scratch

12-21-14 12:16 PM
    is it a Verizon Z30 or not. If Verizon, that changes your case options some.
    12-21-14 01:08 PM
    Got mine $5.99 shipped on Ebay.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    12-21-14 01:32 PM
    Use a screen protector too. This isn't Passport quality screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:44 PM
    I've had my Z30 since April. It's had three drops so far and only one caused an almost unnoticeable mark on the top left corner. One drop was screen on the floor, not on concrete though, and thankfully nothing happened (it has a regular screen protector). I've heard/read that the "silver" finish can chip, although mine hasn't suffered any.

I have four cases for it and one waterproof pouch:

1.- BlackBerry OEM transform shell case: As some have mentioned, the sides, top and bottom are not very protected, however this is compensated by having the corners well covered. I enjoy how it looks, it is my everyday case for most situations, wearing a business or casual jacket which has pockets to slide my phone in. Sometimes I also put it inside my pants/jeans' side pockets or dress shirt chest pocket, just be careful with accidental dialing if your phone is not locked.

The stand flap is clearly not the best, especially in polished surfaces such as glass, but it works decently in most other surfaces. It also helps if you put something between the standing flap and the phone as to keep it from closing. The back has a nice rubbery feel and "BlackBerry" legend and logo embedded on it, although these are only visible from close.

2.- BlackBerry OEM Leather Pocket Pouch: This is a very elegant case. I mostly use it when wearing business suits and know I won't be "running" around too much or spent too much time in the streets. In my opinion, it's an ideal case for an "office environment", as your device is "naked". The feel of the carbon fiber back on the Z30 is very nice, so it's a justifiable option.

The only downside of this case is that the top corners are not well protected. The drop where the left corner of my Z30 got a bit of damaged happened while using this case. It fell from the lower inside pocket of a casual jacket while putting it on (my mistake as I should have tucked it inside the top larger inside pocket). However, it is almost unnoticeable. The case has a premium feeling and look, the BlackBerry logo is very elegantly embedded on it.

3.- Holster case and clip combo similar to this: http://mlm-s1-p.mlstatic.com/funda-c...9_092014-O.jpg - It offers some very good protection when used together, practically the whole phone is protected. When separated however, the case alone offers a similar protection to the OEM transform shell case, except for the corners. I use the whole combo for the weekends when going to train HEMA or for outdoor activities, as I can just throw the phone in my bag or carry it on my waist with or without belt.

It also excludes the need for having a pocket to put the phone in. The clip has a velvet like texture where the screen is positioned and you can use it as a viewing stand as well. What I like most about this case is the rubbery feel and the opening for the BlackBerry logo.

4.- Silicone case which I bought right after getting the Z30, as it was the only one I could find at the moment. It protects the corners, sides and has good grip. It does however look cheap and you can't tell it's a BlackBerry, it looks like any other rectangular slab phone in the market.

This case is in the bottom of my drawer and would only use it if my other three cases break. I'll probably end up giving it away.

5.- Dri Dock large smartphone pouch: http://www.dri-dock.com/index.php/pr...one-pouch.html - Bought it in Cancun last July and it worked very well. I even took some pictures underwater while swimming and posted a thread about it in the CB forums.

If you're going anywhere near water, whether a beach, pool or simply, going out during raining season, I highly recommend this pouch. Just for the record, the regular iPhone/Smart Phone pouch works well with the Q10.

I'm regularly quite diligent with my phone and the Z30 is more durable than expected. Yet, no matter how careful one may be, accidents do happen, so make sure to have some sort of protection for your phone always. I learned this the hard way with an old 9800 Torch...

Posted from the mighty Z30!
    12-21-14 02:30 PM
    I think the z30 is a well built device and is still one of my favorite BlackBerry devices. I bought another used passport from a local CB member today and I am putting my z30 up for sale on the CB site so someone else can enjoy it as much as I did.

I still think the OEM leather pouch is the best case for it and I am also including the case with the phone. If you're looking for a very nice one that's in perfect condition, check it out.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-21-14 06:24 PM
    Z30 is solid

12-22-14 08:55 AM
    I don't have any case or screen protector on my Z30. It's totally naked. I've dropped it on the floor several times with no damage whatsoever.
    This is a very well built device.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:14 PM
    Solid device.
    I got mine as soon as they were available. I work in construction. No case - just a screen protector. Has held up extremely well. I generally keep it in my back pocket.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:05 PM
    Very solid phone. I am using OEM flip case, it is very bulky. I am searching for a slim and weightless flip case for z30 but seems no chance.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    12-22-14 07:19 PM
    Plus one for the OB Defender. I have never felt that it made the Z30 unduly bulky and the only keys that I have to press a bit more firmly are 'Q' and 'A'.

Ian Thomas.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:02 PM
    My Z30 is naked except for a screen protector (BlackBerry brand). I sometimes put it in the leather pouch or the case, but that's rare. I've dropped it a few times but there are no scratches on the phone itself, and only on the screen protector which is easily changed out for a new one. The only thing is the silver of the chin is starting to wear off at the corners.
    12-22-14 09:04 PM
    My chin is a bit chipped from drops but the rest of the phone is good. Screen protector otherwise naked.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 12:28 AM
    Gave a white one to my wife for her birthday ... put a tempered glass screen protector on it ... put it in a white otterbox commuter case. Looks great and feels almost indestructible.
    12-23-14 05:31 AM
    I paid USD 39 for a Blackberry Transform case. What a waste of money.

Yeah, I find the Transform case was a good idea, but doesn't really do the job....

12-23-14 05:55 AM
29 12