Yes it could've been easier had they gone with a non removable back door like the q5 so you don't have to pry open the back all the time to switch cards.

That said, that little slot like piece that you removed accidently, seems so out of place. Like what is its purpose? They could've gone with one smooth line.

It's a great phone to be sure but these little details are disappointing for a flagship.

Btw - my first z30 did have that piece protrude and it was a huge disappointment as far as premium quality goes. But I ended up getting another 2 (the white and a 2nd black one) and they're flush.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8439721) likes this.
    02-02-14 01:16 PM
    Even aircraft mechanics who have a lot of years of experience doing the same thing ALWAYS read the manual. It is basic because not everything is the same even if it looks the same. The OP didn't read the instructions and thus looking for trouble. One saying from the aviation industry is "If something will go wrong, it will go wrong". A journalist should always be objective because they are what most common people rely to for information. Just bad, OP. Just bad.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-02-14 02:18 PM
    OMG this thread gave me a good laugh!! I LOLED so hard my neighbors thought I was crazy.

I agree with a lot of the members here. Are you really a tech Savvy OP???? Jes�s the back door doesn't even say "peel here"!! And on top of that you blamed BlackBerry!?
    Anyways go get another backdoor on ebay for $30 crazy dollars

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-02-14 02:28 PM
    This isn't build quality. That's you ripping your own phone to pieces lol. The battery cover does come off. And the build quality is the best I have ever seen in a phone lol. This is part of the problem for BlackBerry. Stupid tech reviewer blows up his own phone then comes in here saying it's the phones fault, and spreading false information.

Z30 10.2.1.537
    deptech and CerveloJohn like this.
    02-02-14 02:29 PM
    You're a delusional fan boy if you think the z30 has the best build quality of any phone. It's very good to be sure, and the best built of their line-up but it doesn't even come close to Apple.

I agree with the OP, a premium flagship phone priced way higher than the competition should not have these small details missed.

The PAINTED silver lining is GLUED on?

It commonly bulges out? Ruining the smooth elegant lines when one runs their fingers around the edges of the phone?

It's same moronic oversight to these small details that made the PlayBook a joke in my eyes.

Charging premium prices for sub premium quality in comparison to your competitors is a joke.

The z10 and q10 were very well built, unfortunately I can't say the same for the z30.

This is coming from a BlackBerry lover who owns all 4 BlackBerry 10 phones. Plus a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:14 PM
    A lesson for OP, don't state bad things about a device in front of its fanboys, they will never accept it even though it's just a simple fact.

very interesting thread to read though, reminds me of samsung fanboys defend the plastic on galaxy, yet they dream of the S5 to be made of metal.
    02-02-14 03:50 PM
    You're a delusional fan boy if you think the z30 has the best build quality of any phone. It's very good to be sure, and the best built of their line-up but it doesn't even come close to Apple.

I agree with the OP, a premium flagship phone priced way higher than the competition should not have these small details missed.

The PAINTED silver lining is GLUED on?

It commonly bulges out? Ruining the smooth elegant lines when one runs their fingers around the edges of the phone?

It's same moronic oversight to these small details that made the PlayBook a joke in my eyes.

Charging premium prices for sub premium quality in comparison to your competitors is a joke.

The z10 and q10 were very well built, unfortunately I can't say the same for the z30.

This is coming from a BlackBerry lover who owns all 4 BlackBerry 10 phones. Plus a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Which phone has better build quality? I would like to know how apple phones and android could possibly be better?

Z30 10.2.1.537
    02-02-14 04:17 PM
    Which phone has better build quality? I would like to know how apple phones and android could possibly be better?

Z30 10.2.1.537
    Just use one instead of keep holding your BB device and hating the others. iPhone is the fragile thing here, but it brings luxury feeling in finish and details, I freaking hate icrap things but thats what I have to admit. About android, try some models like the Xperia Z1 or Moto X and you will find out why non-BB fan would definitely choose Android devices over Z30 when talking about built quality, and I even havent mentioned WP here.

PS Im a huge fan of BB, but I'm not a 'fanboy'.
    02-02-14 04:59 PM

Z30 10.2.1.537
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you need to ask.

I phone 5c, in its execution as a lower tiered device, is better better built than the z30 in its sad execution as a premium device.

Comparable devices that are executed near flawless (vs z30s glaring deficiencies) as flagships include the iPhone 5 and 5s, HTC one, and lumia 920 and 1020.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 06:52 PM
    The Z30 build quality is excellent, I'm a Mechanical Engineer, and have 20 years of experience with this stuff. There are hundreds of parts that make up a SmartPhone, and the parts we consumers mostly deal with are the external or visible parts, and all of these parts on the Z30 fit together as they should, gaps between parts are minimal and any mating parts fit together tightly. I'm especially impressed with the fit between the screen and frame edge, the edge to edge glass looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPad or Z30 in Canada
    02-02-14 07:16 PM
    The Z30 build quality is excellent, I'm a Mechanical Engineer, and have 20 years of experience with this stuff. There are hundreds of parts that make up a SmartPhone, and the parts we consumers mostly deal with are the external or visible parts, and all of these parts on the Z30 fit together as they should, gaps between parts are minimal and any mating parts fit together tightly. I'm especially impressed with the fit between the screen and frame edge, the edge to edge glass looks fantastic.

I have experiences in industrial designs, and I can say the quality of materials using on the Z30 is not that good, especially compared to its competitors. In this category, the best they ever created was the Q10 imo.
    02-02-14 07:38 PM

Is that supposed to mean something?

You don't need 20 years of experience to notice parts that bulge out, or pixel defects on a screen, or a backdoor that needs to be pried open with a screw driver on one z30 and then have another z30 open up easily.

Have you inspected several z30s? There's more than one occasion of people noting that parts are NOT flush together.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:47 PM
    I have experiences in industrial designs, and I can say the quality of materials using on the Z30 is not that good, especially compared to its competitors. In this category, the best they ever created was the Q10 imo.
    The Z30, external parts only, consists of glass, aluminum, and a Carbon Fiber weave looking rubbery smooth battery cover, where are the poor quality materials you speak of? How does this differ from anyone else? Also, the Q10 and Z30's battery cover are made from the same material.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    02-02-14 07:52 PM
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you need to ask.

I phone 5c, in its execution as a lower tiered device, is better better built than the z30 in its sad execution as a premium device.

Comparable devices that are executed near flawless (vs z30s glaring deficiencies) as flagships include the iPhone 5 and 5s, HTC one, and lumia 920 and 1020.

Posted via CB10
    This is your opinion. I think maybe Nokia might be better. IPhone built in Chinese factories by suicidal workers. And same as the HTC. Also, calm down. Lol

Z30 10.2.1.537
    02-02-14 08:03 PM
    The Z30, external parts only, consists of glass, aluminum, and a Carbon Fiber weave looking rubbery smooth battery cover, where are the poor quality materials you speak of? How does this differ from anyone else? Also, the Q10 and Z30's battery cover are made from the same material.

You better focus on the bezel, the Z30s silver bezel is made from plastic, and its button is just a pain to use. Q10 on the other hand got the bezel made from metal (like the 9900) which feels much more sturdy and brings luxury feeling. Thats why when you bend the Z30, it get curved, while the Q10 wont.
    Furthermore, The Corning Gorilla glass 2 is not the best out there, and if you own a Z30 you should be careful of not dropping it on its edge, thanks to silly design. Btw, the 'Carbon Fiber' you talked about feels worse compared to back side of Motorola Keylar actually. I didnt even mention how painfully generic the phone design is.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, I'm not hating BlackBerry or the Z30. Just wanna state that we all love our BB10 device, but its silly to see BB fans are acting like iCrap fans of defending how perfect there devices are, yet its no where near perfect.
    02-02-14 08:10 PM
    Is that supposed to mean something?

You don't need 20 years of experience to notice parts that bulge out, or pixel defects on a screen, or a backdoor that needs to be pried open with a screw driver on one z30 and then have another z30 open up easily.

Have you inspected several z30s? There's more than one occasion of people noting that parts are NOT flush together.

Posted via CB10
    There are some cases where flaws in products make it past quality control inspections, it doesn't mean that the Z30 has poor build quality, no product is perfect, perfect doesn't exist. To make a blanketed statement because a few products have issues is inaccurate, untrue, and opinion only.

02-02-14 08:15 PM
    I have had my z30 for almost two weeks and I love the build quality of the device and I am enjoying the device as my daily driver.

The bottom line is as long as I feel I got a device that serves my needs at a fair price and delivers what I expect of it on a daily basis, that's all that counts.

At this point in time I could care less what other people think about me using a BlackBerry. If they ask how I like the device, I will tell them and show them the great features it offers,.

But if all they are going to tell me is how bad BlackBerry is and show no interest in seeing what my BlackBerry OS10 device has to offer, to them I say $;#$? And I will move on and show someone who does.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    02-02-14 08:44 PM
    How did this thread get resurrected? I'm pretty sure the OP got angry with us for basically calling him a hack and then left. Close the thread. Bury it.
    02-02-14 08:48 PM
    I have had my z30 for almost two weeks and I love the build quality of the device and I am enjoying the device as my daily driver.

The bottom line is as long as I feel I got a device that serves my needs at a fair price and delivers what I expect of it on a daily basis, that's all that counts.

At this point in time I could care less what other people think about me using a BlackBerry. If they ask how I like the device, I will tell them and show them the great features it offers,.

But if all they are going to tell me is how bad BlackBerry is and show no interest in seeing what my BlackBerry OS10 device has to offer, to them I say $;#$? And I will move on and show someone who does.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    This post means something, and I agree with it.
    Anyway, if you like your device, keep liking it. If someone dislikes it, just move on, dont bash them or call them hack cause they have different opinion, thats childish and only for fanboy. Using BlackBerry means you're no longer boys right? lol
    Have a nice Monday Im gone
    02-02-14 08:57 PM

Posted by someone who actually knows what they are talking about AND actually owns one, go figure. Unfortunately facts don't matter to trolls who jump in and call people "fanboys" because they like their device and have something good to say about it.

Posted via CB10
    deptech likes this.
    02-02-14 09:33 PM
    I think this point has been beat to death in this thread.

All I want to know at this point, if I may ask, my fellow Z30 users, is if that little length of trim protrudes a tiny bit for them, too, or if I should bother getting a replacement cover and hoping it's more flush. (Not that I even see anyplace online for buying a replacement cover, but I'm sure I can find it at BB HQ if needed.)
    It's a great phone to be sure but these little details are disappointing for a flagship.

Btw - my first z30 did have that piece protrude and it was a huge disappointment as far as premium quality goes. But I ended up getting another 2 (the white and a 2nd black one) and they're flush.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the helpful response.
    02-02-14 10:40 PM
    You better focus on the bezel, the Z30s silver bezel is made from plastic, and its button is just a pain to use. Q10 on the other hand got the bezel made from metal (like the 9900) which feels much more sturdy and brings luxury feeling. Thats why when you bend the Z30, it get curved, while the Q10 wont.
    Furthermore, The Corning Gorilla glass 2 is not the best out there, and if you own a Z30 you should be careful of not dropping it on its edge, thanks to silly design. Btw, the 'Carbon Fiber' you talked about feels worse compared to back side of Motorola Keylar actually. I didnt even mention how painfully generic the phone design is.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, I'm not hating BlackBerry or the Z30. Just wanna state that we all love our BB10 device, but its silly to see BB fans are acting like iCrap fans of defending how perfect there devices are, yet its no where near perfect.
    I don't mean to be disrespectful but in your original reply you stated that the Z30 was made from poor quality materials, which is incorrect. Now you state that the silver Bezel is made from plastic, when in fact it is aluminum which is a metal, please do some research before you try to pass off your opinion as fact.

02-03-14 07:41 AM
    Looks and feels a quality act to me...
    02-03-14 10:18 AM
273 ... 91011