I am preparing to transfer all my apps and pretty much everything from Z30 STA100-3 to STA100-5
    What do you suggest? just backup and restore will be enough or do I need to do device switch of some sort?
    02-20-14 12:36 PM
    I am preparing to transfer all my apps and pretty much everything from Z30 STA100-3 to STA100-5
    What do you suggest? just backup and restore will be enough or do I need to do device switch of some sort?
    Hey I was thinking about doing the same..what's the reason you changed models?

Posted via Amazing Z30
    02-20-14 12:37 PM
    Hey I was thinking about doing the same..what's the reason you changed models?

Posted via Amazing Z30
    Hoping to get LTE from AT&T which I was not able to using STA100-3.
    I know I won't get LTE in my neighborhood, but at least if I switch to T-Mo I can still use this.
    However I found the volume rocker "tighter" on -3 compared to a bit rattly on -5. More on differences in another thread later. I hope someone replies to this asap because I am doing a full backup of my -3 now and will try to restore it on -5 if that's how it works, I really don't want to go through the whole setup and downloads of my apps.. Especially the stuff my keyboard pickedup giving me super fast typing with flick gesture, it pretty much reads all my emails and knows what I am going to type.
    shai404 likes this.
    02-20-14 12:40 PM
    Except in a very few major cities you won't get LTE from AT&T with the STA100-5. That is what I have on AT&T and I can tell you in the Washington, DC area I NEVER get LTE. I did on T-Mobile when I test it but not with AT&T.

As to the transfer, you may be able to use Link Switch Phone to do it. Otherwise I have no idea how you may do that. It's possible a backup from one will restore on the other as long as the OS on the new phone is the same or newer.
    Thanks. At least a chance of LTE is good enough, we are getting more compatibility after all, also compatible with T-Mo like you said I can always switch to T-Mo later on and not worry about it.
    I am doing a backup now if it goes awry I can always reset and start from scratch.
    02-20-14 12:48 PM
    Just over a week ago I did the switch using the restore option on Link. All went well with one exception which I can't say for sure if was a coincidence or not.. having issues with a notification alerting me to enter information for blaq account now which I never had before. However, in all fairness I don't think that it was immediately after switching.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 12:57 PM
    Just over a week ago I did the switch using the restore option on Link. All went well with one exception which I can't say for sure if was a coincidence or not.. having issues with a notification alerting me to enter information for blaq account now which I never had before. However, in all fairness I don't think that it was immediately after switching.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I am doing a device switch wizard now, I already took a backup in case. This one seems to same as backup/restore with a few additional stuff like bbm etc involved. Let's see what happens. I will report back if this is successful.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-20-14 01:20 PM