Hi All,
    I upgraded the OS last week or so on BB Z30, it ran out out juice.

Plugged it in, nothing is working. No red LED boot light.
    Usually when you plug it from 0 charge in you instantly get the RED boot light and it starts charging. This time it doesent.

Seems very similar to the problem people have been getting on the the Q10 and Z10, and now the Z30.

Tried hard reset no response, I cant do a battery pull as I cant remove the battery. I am stuck! (the computer cant see it either...)

For goodness sake if you get the update, do not install it on your phone, it will kill it!
    02-28-15 11:13 PM
    Owhhh man, I'm breathing a sigh of relief, I got the phone going again after holding the power button down for 15 seconds.

This has never happened to me before on 10.2.1, there are too many serious bugs around! I thought 10.3.1 was quite nice, but this a major bug as makes your phone play dead!

Not good enough Blackberry, beta test your OS's better next time!
    02-28-15 11:23 PM
    My Z30 did the very same thing with 10.2.1. It will only do that when the battery drains dead. By reading CB threads on line I found the same fix you describe, so it's nothing new to 10.3.1, which BTW I find to be an excellent OS.

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    02-28-15 11:33 PM
    Yea It must have been that, as I have never let it run down untill the battery was literally dead untill now.

Thats good that 10.3.1 didnt cause it because other than that, it has been a good OS

It would be good that this issue wouldnt come up in the first place though....
    02-28-15 11:53 PM
    At least you have the update....us AT&T users may never get outs. This is embarrassing.
    03-01-15 01:19 AM
    Did you run the update while battery was low?

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    03-01-15 03:21 AM
    Never let your battery run dead... it's better to turn it off if you are very low on juice, it you are unable to charge it back up right away. I charge mine each night a few hours before I go to bed and then turn it off, then back on first thing in the morning.
    Good thing you found out how to get it working again.

This is something BlackBerry needs to look into.
    We should not have dead phone's because the battery has run out of power and we are trying to charge it, it should just work like normal as soon as it is charged.

www. carm. org
    03-01-15 06:39 AM
    Mine dies after 7 days on 10.3.1 official coming from official 10.2.2.1609.

I'm so annoyed, this community gave me the conclusion that the Update has stressed my Battery and destroyed it. So I'm just waiting for my replacement which will be a refurbished one.. Super annoying.. I'm going to sell that one and get a new one. i don't want a used one with the chance of an already weak Battery.

God i miss my BB, currently on iPhone again.. what a crappy phone. I have cramps in my hands from holding this tiny fragile thing. And most annoyingly: NO HUB.. How can people live without HUB hehe...
    03-01-15 09:14 AM
    It would be good that this issue wouldnt come up in the first place though....
    Because you let the battery die... wouldn't come up in the first place of it wasn't dead. Also if you aren't using the BlackBerry premium charger it is harder to jump start a dead battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:28 AM
    Me too here. I've posted this so many times here and other places. 10.3 and a z30 is bad, do not let your z30 go dead after update.

UR lucky its working again. Mine won't unless plugged in. when unplugged I can't wake screen up. Phone is working but screen stays black. I have forced restart, downgraded to 10.2 but nothing works. What a nightmare, I work for myself raising a little guy on my own and crap like this isn't cool.

BB give us a fix!
    03-01-15 11:07 AM
    I have the q10 on net10 and was wondering when I will get the update. Bought it unlocked off of Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:06 AM
    Try to go to Set up, Application and try to enter those apps that are flagged with "run even in background when reduced to icons" and simply remove the flag. I noticed progress.

I don't know for which reasons they were marked with a Yes flag by default with 10.3.1 update.
    03-02-15 10:29 AM
    I feel the pain. I installed 10.3.1 a week ago and ended up with a near dead battery on Sunday.

I switched it off and plugged it in to change but never managed to wake it up again.

I wiped and reloaded it and that went fine. However, I still cant get the screen to wake.

I have to finish the setup and hear that woman telling me to swipe this way and that.

Ive tried all sorts of reboots and when i connect to my laptop, im told to unplug and finish setup.

If there is no fix, im buying an iOS or Android phone - Thats how desperate im getting.
    03-02-15 11:08 AM
    At least you have the update....us AT&T users may never get outs. This is embarrassing.
    Did you know you have to Pull out the sim and hook it up to link to get the update? There is a procedure for doing it. When it comes to Z30, you dont have to wait on att .
    03-02-15 11:11 AM
    Just before I started OTA upgrade to 10.3.1.1581, I figured their advice to keep device plugged in was a good idea.

Suggest people follow maker's advice -always - for any mobile phone OS Update.
    03-02-15 12:38 PM
    I've got mine to the point where it will wake up a few times after unplugging but then it stays black again. Li get it is plugged in, lo get it will work properly

BlackBerry really messed up this time. It's a mobile phone and by its very nature it will die in your pocket from time to time.

I'm still trying to fix this and will keep at it and post more as I can

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:07 PM
    I was searching for something else, and came across this..

Not sure why people start blaming the new OS right away, making it sound like they think everyone must be having upgrade issues, and everyone needs to jump in and play the blame BB game!
    NewsFlash! Not everyone has run into issues with the update, it's not a pandemic!

Myself, I really dig this update!

FYI:
    When I got my Z30, I updated from a Bold9900, and had all kinds of issues, trying to import old data. I ended up having to do a fresh install, and things worked fine after that. I could blame the update/import data process itself, but not the 'at the time' new OS 10.x.x.x

Now I have the new 10.3.1 on my ShopBB T-Mob Z30 STA100-5, and I have no issues so far, only positive things to say about the update!
    I did not do a fresh install, just pulled the sim, and, kept the phone plugged in while updating.

The new 10.3.1 OS has some awesome features (including now having an automatic powersave mode when battery drops to 20%).

Anyway; if you read this, don't let a few others hiccups with updating to 10.3.1 on your Z30(or any other BB 10 device), deter you from updating!
    I highly recommend going for it!
    Edit: If you rely on WiFi and especially if you have a STA100-2, it sounds like there might be some WiFi issues going on?!?!, so you might want to wait until that is figured out...

Also; The latest ideas on maximizing battery life of these new batteries, is to try to keep them around 50-80% all the time, and never let them die, or stay on the charger for too long. I think there is some truth to it...
    /
    Last edited by 2gunnar; 03-03-15 at 10:11 AM. Reason: WIFI issues?
    03-03-15 07:26 AM
    I couldn't disagree more with post above me

If you have a z30, don't update. BlackBerry has now admitted there is an issue and are working to fix it

Telling people not to worry and all that be isn't cool. You are wrong and defending BlackBerry blindly like you are isn't helping anyone.

Google it. More and more z30 dropping every day. Don't let battery die on z30 if you have updated to 10.3

Posted via CB10
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    03-03-15 10:57 AM
    Here is the link to the BlackBerry article on this

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:00 AM
    Here is the link to the BlackBerry article on this

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    Yes they need to fix this ASAP...
    Keep those phones charged up in the meantime people... I charge mine before bed then turn it off for the night.

Take care.

www. carm. org
    03-03-15 11:42 AM
    OK...1 week after upgrade: Z30 STA100-5 - Telus (actually have 2 of these great devices-both upgarded just fine)

Prior to updating i did this:

Deleted all droid apps on first phone
    Used Back-up Pro to back up individual files that were important to me:
    Pics, Contacts, docs, and a few others - loaded up to Box.
    Re-loaded software via link
    ran update....with the device plugged in

All good.

2nd Z30 and my daily driver...I simply pulled my SIM and my 64gb SD
    Updated without deleting anything at all. - ALL GOOD.

To date NO issues whatsoever. All apps that I have used operating nominally..
    As for charging, I do that in the evenings when I set my alarm and use bedside mode.

I started this morning at 4:55 and with light to moderate use, the Battery is now (12:25 pm), at 84%.
    Not too shabby.

However:
    I have found that when I use LINK and do a back up and then tried something that required me to later reload the software back to factory....then do a restore thru LINK - I LOST FREAKIN Contacts...All the bloody time and to be frank that simply pieced me off...!! that my, friends is one baked in APP (LINK), that needs some refinement....IMO of course.

Kudos to the member here for suggesting Backup Pro. Nice selective style of backing up and the ability to save in the cloud.

stk
    Last edited by steakman911; 03-03-15 at 01:32 PM.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    03-03-15 01:21 PM
    The screen going black on the Z30 after 10.3 (assuming it's directly related to the update, which it seems to be) is a HUGE critical issue for these phones.

This should be a "WTF, drop everything, and let's fix this now" type of issue.

I've got a colleague of mine, I personally recommended the Z30 to her, she's new to BlackBerry, she has the issue, and you had BETTER BELIEVE this is not giving her a positive image of BlackBerry. She did like the 10.3 update while it lasted.

Right now she's pissed and so am I.
    ExplicitPromo and steakman911 like this.
    03-03-15 04:26 PM
    My Z30 did the very same thing with 10.2.1. It will only do that when the battery drains dead. By reading CB threads on line I found the same fix you describe, so it's nothing new to 10.3.1, which BTW I find to be an excellent OS.
    Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    What you're describing is normal behaviour...all phones "play dead" when the battery has run out of juice, and if they're really out of juice, they take time to charge up and start to display something on screen.

The topic of this forum thread....is unrelated to what you're describing. Others are describing the screen on their Z30s going "permanently black" after their phones have run out of juice, and how the 10.3 update seems to be causing that.

If you don't have this issue, you're lucky.
    03-03-15 04:40 PM
    The screen going black on the Z30 after 10.3 (assuming it's directly related to the update, which it seems to be) is a HUGE critical issue for these phones.

This should be a "WTF, drop everything, and let's fix this now" type of issue.

I've got a colleague of mine, I personally recommended the Z30 to her, she's new to BlackBerry, she has the issue, and you had BETTER BELIEVE this is not giving her a positive image of BlackBerry. She did like the 10.3 update while it lasted.

Right now she's pissed and so am I.
    I would be PO too...
    They better get off their bum's and get this fixed ASAP... in the meantime I have warned some people that I know bought them.

www. carm. org
    03-04-15 01:09 PM
    I am making great progress on this, see below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11433339
    03-05-15 11:44 AM