I recently purchased my BlackBerry z30 and dropped it after 5 days of ownership. There is now a large Crack in the screen and I am very upset about this. I am wondering what type of warranty this phone has from the manufacturer and if I can get it replaced.
    05-15-16 09:23 PM
    The warranty "does not cover repair or replacement of any BlackBerry Hardware damaged by: misuse, moisture or liquids, proximity or exposure to heat, accident, abuse, neglect, misapplication, or defects due to repairs or modifications made by anyone other than RIM". Dropping your phone is definitely an accident. However, some stores/resellers (or even manufacturers like Samsung) offers an extended warranty period which covers accidental damages.
    The warranty "does not cover repair or replacement of any BlackBerry Hardware damaged by: misuse, moisture or liquids, proximity or exposure to heat, accident, abuse, neglect, misapplication, or defects due to repairs or modifications made by anyone other than RIM". Dropping your phone is definitely an accident. However, some stores/resellers (or even manufacturers like Samsung) offers an extended warranty period which covers accidental damages.
    05-15-16 09:36 PM
    A new screen will cost you about$120 at any tech repair shop.

Posted via my Z30.
    05-16-16 01:47 PM
    Or spend about $40-$50 on a new screen assembly and fix it yourself; it's extremely easy on the Z30. Lots of posts here in the forum regarding this, as well as videos on youtube that will walk you through it. If you have any screwdriver-operating skills at all, you can fix your phone.

Richard
    05-17-16 08:12 AM
    If you purchased it outright using a credit card, check if you have purchase insurance on the card. Many people don't even realize they have purchase insurance on the card. If you have it, they will cover the cost of the repair.
    05-20-16 04:41 PM
    If no coverage, buy a new screen online and swap it out yourself, very easy with the right screwdriver

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    05-20-16 04:53 PM
    Replace the screen, extremely simple

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 06:07 PM
    It is very easy to change, it takes about 10 minutes.
    05-22-16 08:39 PM
    Just had mine replaced $89 done in 15 mins. I have noticed a couple differences. Keyboard seems to be a "greenish" tint to it. Not really a big deal. BlackBerry logo SEEMS a little bigger, or maybe just the black band seems thicker; tough to notice. Just happy to have a working phone again!
    The repair store said they ONLY buy OEM parts, and DON'T buy from China and also gave a 30 day warranty. Any other changes the replacement screens have vs the original? Here's a screen shot of the "greenish" keyboard
    Z30 cracked screen, how can I fix it?-img_20160530_132030.png

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 12:23 PM
    Here's a screen shot of the "greenish" keyboard
    Take a photo of your screen using another camera instead of a screenshot.
    06-01-16 02:46 AM
    I dropped my Z30 on the concrete sidewalk putting a big crack on the screen.
    Ordered a new screen from ebay and screen came with hex screwdriver.
    Watched a YouTube video and changed the screen myself in 10-15 minutes.
    Crystal clear screen, and easy to change out yourself.

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    06-13-16 01:35 AM