This past weekend, I was traveling and my Z30 -5 was roaming. I received calls and could access data while roaming (mostly on AT&T). When I returned home, my phone would not find the T-Mobile network. I took it to the local T-Mobile shop suspecting a corrupted SIM. The guy behind the counter thought I was crazy, but after some initial reluctance, he swapped SIMs out of a demo phone, and data and phone came back. I have never seen anything like this before.

Has anyone else had this happen? What can cause a SIM to brick itself like that?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:18 PM
    This past weekend, I was traveling and my Z30 -5 was roaming. I received calls and could access data while roaming (mostly on AT&T). When I returned home, my phone would not find the T-Mobile network. I took it to the local T-Mobile shop suspecting a corrupted SIM. The guy behind the counter thought I was crazy, but after some initial reluctance, he swapped SIMs out of a demo phone, and data and phone came back. I have never seen anything like this before.

Has anyone else had this happen? What can cause a SIM to brick itself like that?

Posted via CB10
    Check if in settings network search is on Automatic, and sims do degrade over time specially if moved device to device often.
    12-30-14 10:41 AM
    Maybe because of heat?

My wife's Bold used to have battery issue. One day she stopped the BIS subscription, however BBM was still working for many months but not email and App World. Checked with the carrier they confirmed that all BIS services had been stopped already, nothing came in the monthly bills too. Even when she moved the SIM card to other legacy BlackBerry devices, she still got BBM .

Now she still has BlackBerry logo next to the network symbol, but BBM doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:08 PM
    Maybe because of heat?

My wife's Bold used to have battery issue. One day she stopped the BIS subscription, however BBM was still working for many months but not email and App World. Checked with the carrier they confirmed that all BIS services had been stopped already, nothing came in the monthly bills too. Even when she moved the SIM card to other legacy BlackBerry devices, she still got BBM .

Now she still has BlackBerry logo next to the network symbol, but BBM doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Happened with my contract too. Cut my data but it worked for 20 days until battery died and I rebooted.
    12-31-14 04:31 AM