Based on an article i just read from CNET, http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609653-94/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/, and this is the interesting part for those of us waiting for ATT and TMobile versions:

"Bhardwaj declined to comment about getting the Z30 on other carriers, but noted that BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone."

So it looks like we may have to buy off of Blackberry site - if they offer it!!!
    10-28-13 02:58 PM
    Seems like it's up to the carriers, and so far only VZW wants it.
    10-28-13 03:02 PM
    Based on an article i just read from CNET, http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609653-94/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/, and this is the interesting part for those of us waiting for ATT and TMobile versions:

"Bhardwaj declined to comment about getting the Z30 on other carriers, but noted that BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone."

So it looks like we may have to buy off of Blackberry site - if they offer it!!!
    That's too bad. I'm fine buying directly from BlackBerry though. I hope they last long enough to offer the phone after the Z30. I think I'll stick with my Z10 for now. I'm still loving it.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    10-28-13 03:03 PM
    It seems like the shop.blackberry site sells unlocked GSM models, so perhaps that's how they will work it with T-Mo and ATT,.. if VZW didn't pick it up... we'd be left out in the cold completely.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:12 PM
    I can't tell you how disappointed I was to read that Verizon Wireless got the exclusive on the Z30. I was really looking forward to buying it.

For all we know, at&t and T-Mobile passed on the Z30, and Verizon Wireless was the only one to give it a go, so "exclusive" could just be a nice spin on "the only carrier who wanted it."

Still, I would like to be able to buy it on the Shop BlackBerry website, because it seems to be the best BlackBerry yet according to most reviews.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-28-13 03:25 PM
    I was told by a Tmobile rep that they would not carry the z30, I'm going to but a model from CA when the price drops to $600 delivered.
    I can't tell you how disappointed I was to read that Verizon Wireless got the exclusive on the Z30. I was really looking forward to buying it.

For all we know, at&t and T-Mobile passed on the Z30, and Verizon Wireless was the only one to give it a go, so "exclusive" could just be a nice spin on "the only carrier who wanted it."

Still, I would like to be able to buy it on the Shop BlackBerry website, because it seems to be the best BlackBerry yet according to most reviews.
    10-28-13 03:50 PM
    My thing is that if TMobile and ATT are not going to carry it but it on the website and start selling it to the masses and you might get some momentum!
    10-28-13 08:00 PM
    I wonder how long it will be before BlackBerry sells the Z30 on their website since att and Tmobile won't carry them

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:08 PM
    Seems like it's up to the carriers, and so far only VZW wants it.
    Yeah, seems like it. =0(

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2 on AT&T
    10-28-13 08:13 PM
    As far as T-Mo, I will wait and see. I am still in my old contract until Feb 2014. I too exchanged some tweets with T-Mo. here is what they said:

@CJ_Entrepreneur 2h
    @TMobile How could you let Verizon get the scoop on the Z30? I am shocked and appalled at the same time. Bring my BBRY home please.

T-Mobile USA ‏@TMobileHelp 25m
    @CJ_Entrepreneur Hi! While we don't have info on if T-Mobile will get the Z30, you can keep informed here!: Official News, Press Releases and Kits | T-Mobile ^TJ

@CJ_Entrepreneur 6m
    @TMobileHelp thanks for the feedback very much. FYI the Z30 is a phone worth running past the guy in charge of shipping and receiving

T-Mobile USA ‏@TMobileHelp 2h
    @CJ_Entrepreneur No problem!! ^TJ

5:55 PM - 28 Oct 13 � Details

If they do not get the Z30 Then I will have to get it from the BBRY store as well. Which will be expensive for me and the wife.
    10-28-13 08:21 PM
    I'm with you. Reading that announcement was like a bombshell. I will do a lot to get a phone that I want, but going to Verizon is not one of them. With time the T-Mobile compatible STA100-5's will start showing up on eBay. Maybe down the road they might show up on us.blackberry.com. There are people buying them from friends or contacts in Canada.

10-28-13 08:38 PM
    This news is very disappointing to hear. What concerns me the most is what it means for BlackBerry OS updates. The carriers in the US are already taking a long time to update BlackBerry OS, so I'm concerned their lack of interest in the Z30 will make things worst.

I keep wishing that BlackBerry will give us direct access to OS updates just like Apple does instead of having us wait for the carriers to provide OS updates. Even though I still like my Z10, I might get the Z30 just to support BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:33 PM
    This news is very disappointing to hear. What concerns me the most is what it means for BlackBerry OS updates. The carriers in the US are already taking a long time to update BlackBerry OS, so I'm concerned their lack of interest in the Z30 will make things worst.

I keep wishing that BlackBerry will give us direct access to OS updates just like Apple does instead of having us wait for the carriers to provide OS updates. Even though I still like my Z10, I might get the Z30 just to support BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You can always order an inactive Canadian SIM card to keep up with the updates.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:38 PM
    Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for Z30 sold directly from BlackBerry. Would gladly plunk down the cash to buy unlocked direct
    10-29-13 07:33 AM
    I "might" consider a Z30 when the outright price drops below $600.00 on BlackBerry.com I don't believe in paying a premium for last year's technology.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:58 AM