10-28-13 06:28 AM
    Not trying to burst any bubbles or take away any hope, but is it possible they were meaning one that is simply compatible with T-Mobile as opposed to one being retailed by them? I ask only because the Z30 sold here in Canada under Telus is known to be fully compatible with T-Mobile USA for both HSPA and LTE. If it is the un-carrier's phone though... Sweet.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    10-28-13 07:05 AM
    The link doesn't work for me, why would you need a screen specifically made for a Tmobile variant? Wouldn't the screen be the same for all z30's? But I hope this is a good sign!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:09 AM
    The link doesn't work for me, why would you need a screen specifically made for a Tmobile variant? Wouldn't the screen be the same for all z30's? But I hope this is a good sign!

Posted via CB10
    I would imagine that it has a T-Mobile logo on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:46 AM
    I have no doubt that T-Mobile is doing all the necessary things to sell the phone. The only question is, will they actually order these items and decide to sell. It is promising however that the Telus model works on T-Mobile LTE which is something I was very curious about.
    10-28-13 08:15 AM
    Meh. They show it as "T-Mobile version" but their photo has Verizon branding.
    francois626 likes this.
    10-28-13 08:18 AM
    I am about to order a Telus phone to use on T-Mobile here in the USA. I have managed to find a friend that has family there and will be able to order one through them. Before I decided to do that I called T-Mobile and talked to a representative on the phone, I drilled him quite a bit on finding out if it was even coming to T-Mobile. The response was he looked in several places on his system to try and reveal something regarding the Z30. He showed nothing on his upcoming Phones, he found nothing in his search for support, or documentation regarding anything. I even asked him to search for the STA100-5 in his system and nothing. He stated it didn't look like they would be carrying it but did not know for sure. I then called blackberry to ask them is the Verizon exclusivity claim real or not. They failed to answer anything with any real answer. I was disappointed in Blackberry not being able to confirm or deny the claim Verizon makes on their coming soon page about the Z30 being exclusively for Verizon.

So in Short I'm ordering one from Telus.
    10-28-13 08:26 AM
    I am about to order a Telus phone to use on T-Mobile here in the USA. I have managed to find a friend that has family there and will be able to order one through them. Before I decided to do that I called T-Mobile and talked to a representative on the phone, I drilled him quite a bit on finding out if it was even coming to T-Mobile. The response was he looked in several places on his system to try and reveal something regarding the Z30. He showed nothing on his upcoming Phones, he found nothing in his search for support, or documentation regarding anything. I even asked him to search for the STA100-5 in his system and nothing. He stated it didn't look like they would be carrying it but did not know for sure. I then called blackberry to ask them is the Verizon exclusivity claim real or not. They failed to answer anything with any real answer. I was disappointed in Blackberry not being able to confirm or deny the claim Verizon makes on their coming soon page about the Z30 being exclusively for Verizon.

So in Short I'm ordering one from Telus.
    Let us know how it works on Tmobile

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have seen some reports from other forum users who have ordered the STA100-5 model from Telus (only model of Z30 they carry anyway) and have had success on both the HSPA and LTE side of things.

10-28-13 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Will do. I probably won't see the phone till the end of this week or beginning of next week. Depending on shipping options of course.
    10-28-13 10:04 AM
    Will do. I probably won't see the phone till the end of this week or beginning of next week. Depending on shipping options of course.
    Did you order directly from the TELUS site?
    10-28-13 11:15 AM
    Very true but I suspect that the T-Mobile referenced here is a T-Mobile from someplace other than the US. T-Mobile UK for example.
    10-28-13 01:37 PM
    Not trying to burst any bubbles or take away any hope, but is it possible they were meaning one that is simply compatible with T-Mobile as opposed to one being retailed by them? I ask only because the Z30 sold here in Canada under Telus is known to be fully compatible with T-Mobile USA for both HSPA and LTE. If it is the un-carrier's phone though... Sweet.

Not Telus....Wind, Mobilicity

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    10-28-13 01:48 PM
    Did you order directly from the TELUS site?
    I haven't yet. I 'm still waiting on the confirmation that my friend's family member will do this or not. I'm planning to order directly from the Telus website and send to their home address, then they will ship it to me here in the USA.
    10-28-13 03:12 PM
    Not Telus....Wind, Mobilicity

What makes you say NOT Telus? Wind and Mobilicity don't currently offer the Z30 from what I can see. The STA100-5 has all the right bands for T-Mobile and from what I can see offers the best compatibility to USA-T-Mobile Network. Telus uses the STA100-5 version of the Z30.
    10-28-13 03:18 PM
    I too would be curious to see if it works on tmo. I called tmo and got the same answers...
    10-28-13 03:24 PM
    This is a Verizon phone in the pictures...

I have lost all hope that T-Mobile will sell this phone, and am honestly losing more hope by the day that it will be on BlackBerry's website.
    10-28-13 05:14 PM
    What makes you say NOT Telus? Wind and Mobilicity don't currently offer the Z30 from what I can see. The STA100-5 has all the right bands for T-Mobile and from what I can see offers the best compatibility to USA-T-Mobile Network. Telus uses the STA100-5 version of the Z30.
    Because last I checked Telus uses the same bands as Rogers and Bell, aka parallel for AT&T. The "91LW" version of the STL-3 in the case of the Z10. Mobilicity and Wind sold the "21LW" parallel to what Tmo sold.

If you use a TELUS Rogers or Bell on Tmo it will work. They have LTE but the issue lies in the omission of the 1700 band for UMTS (HSPA). This means you will see EDGE only more in areas that have no LTE and no refarmed 1900 band HSPA. EDGE on a 2013 phone...that's no laughing matter.

You have been warned. If you get it, the Z30 must be REALLY worth it for you. Maybe wait a bit and see if other US carriers pick it up or for Wind/Mobilicity to pick it up. Don't get 66% of the experience. Get 100%.

PS: This is probably the 1000th time I've explained and wrote about this, combined with warning people to never use Verizon CDMA phones with a SIM card for overseas support on AT&T or T-Mobile. People are always in such denial about frequency band issues.

10-28-13 08:57 PM
    If you use a TELUS Rogers or Bell on Tmo it will work. They have LTE but the issue lies in the omission of the 1700 band for UMTS (HSPA). This means you will see EDGE only more in areas that have no LTE and no refarmed 1900 band HSPA. EDGE on a 2013 phone...that's no laughing matter.
    The Telus Z30 ,STA100-5, supports the 1700 LTE band for T-Mobile, from what I have seen. I'm not getting the Verizon model, STA100-3.

Have you seen something different on the bands for the -5 model?

Edit -add Supporting Image
    Z30 Coming To T-Mobile!-z30_small.png

This image is from this post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/
    10-28-13 09:11 PM
    Because last I checked Telus uses the same bands as Rogers and Bell, aka parallel for AT&T. The "91LW" version of the STL-3 in the case of the Z10. Mobilicity and Wind sold the "21LW" parallel to what Tmo sold.

You have been warned. If you get it, the Z30 must be REALLY worth it for you. Maybe wait a bit and see if other US carriers pick it up or for Wind/Mobilicity to pick it up. Don't get 66% of the experience. Get 100%.

PS: This is probably the 1000th time I've explained and wrote about this, combined with warning people to never use Verizon CDMA phones with a SIM card for overseas support on AT&T or T-Mobile. People are always in such denial about frequency band issues.

Seriously. If you take the time to read through the information on the Telus website, the PHONE supports more than just the usual tri-band HSPA (the 1700 mHz is noted as supported and people have USED it on T-Mobile here in the forums). No one is saying that any given phone on Bell/Telus/Rogers will work no problem on T-Mobile. We are all generally aware that T-Mobile uses AWS for the bulk of their HSPA network. Please do bear in mind, though, that T-Mobile is in the midst of changing their network over to more closely match what is used by Rogers up here in Canada, getting 1900 mHz spectrum in other parts of the country and repurposing their 1700 mHz spectrum to be used for LTE. This is why they now carry the iPhone 5, and select even the iPhone 4 and 4s will work on HSPA in select parts of their network.

All the things you mentioned are things many of us are well aware of, and double check on before giving advice.

10-28-13 09:25 PM
    Ok...

If you say so.

I personally see an opportunity for disappointment because refarming is dependent on your location

10-28-13 09:38 PM