I am in Barbados and using LIME. I also tried Digicel.

I notice from the time I purchase the phone, the call quality is bad. I am liable to get a call failed and drop out in conversations. I also upgraded the phone to no resolution. Could the ph be defective?

Is there a way to see whats happening?
    09-02-14 11:34 PM
    I don't know if the phone is defective or your carrier is just dropping the call. Can you compare it to other phones?
    09-03-14 07:01 AM
    from experience with Lime in Jamaica, and Bmobile and Digicel in Trinidad, I can say that most issues are NOT caused by your phone.

The networks are in a very bad shape.

Few overlapping cells, badly managed cells, from time to time the cells are overloaded with traffic they cannot handle, - handover to other cells are not working properly etc..

Combination of issues causes problems - perhaps not always, but especially when there are lots of traffic on one cell, lots of cellphones in the area etc..

One issue can be on outgoing calls, the "other side" might suddenly stop hearing You, and then the call will be disconnected - and you can get messages like "network unavailable" - if you get message at all.

Other issues can be when someone is calling You, and instead of your phone ringing - the caller get diverted straight to voicemail, and you never knew anyone was trying to call- until you listen to voicemail and find their messages.

Keep calling your carrier and report the issue. Perhaps you get lucky and they will install a extra sector in your area that will handle some of the load and give more stable connection.
    09-03-14 08:41 AM
    Definitely not the phone, I have a Z30 on LIME in Jamaica, call quality is excellent... both network do have some issues but these have improved over recent weeks
    09-03-14 08:47 AM
    Ok. Only happens with the z30. But So far this week no issues. I am testing digicel now. Calls seems prefect. Will perform further tests.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-05-14 05:39 PM
    I'm banking on the carrier in the Caribbean, never had anything but rock solid reception excluding when I was in Cuba last year.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-05-14 05:45 PM