...my current daily driver. Love it.

"Emergency Calls Only" on an INFECTED Passport.
    03-29-17 12:36 AM
    Throwing a logo on the back of an Alcatel does not make a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    03-29-17 12:55 AM
    Yes. It was a long time my daily driver. Awesome device
    03-29-17 01:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    True but to be honest I'd take a DTEK device over a priv

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    True. Thankfully that's not what they did.
    03-29-17 04:01 PM
    The DTEK60 took over from the Z30 as best BlackBerry slab, but I still use the latter too.
    03-29-17 04:02 PM
    True. Thankfully that's not what they did.
    The essence of the phone is Alcatel. On the showroom floor no one could tell the difference between the Idol and DTEK except by price. I can not design a BlackBerry all touch myself but from my perspective the DTEK has no visible BlackBerry DNA. It was adopted.

Maybe the a slimmer trimer Z5 look or looking like an all touch version of the KEYone.
    03-29-17 04:36 PM
    The essence of the phone is Alcatel. On the showroom floor no one could tell the difference between the Idol and DTEK except by price. I can not design a BlackBerry all touch myself but from my perspective the DTEK has no visible BlackBerry DNA. It was adopted.

Maybe the a slimmer trimer Z5 look or looking like an all touch version of the KEYone.
    The DTEK60 was certainly put together using various components at TCL's disposal, but the finished configuration is unique. As far as looking unique on the shelf, I couldn't care less. It's the software and the specific hardware configuration I care about.
    03-29-17 04:44 PM
    I guess I can not say too much about the 60. You pretty much would have to buy one to see it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 01:10 AM
    Indeed it WAS their best handset - a watershed device if you will, that unfortunately fell on deaf ears.

It sold even less than the Z10 did - but it was superior in all respects other than the screen

For those who forgot or never knew, let me review some of the technology of the Z30.

Feel free to chime in if I missed anything

-speakers that were arguably the best sounding speakers in the market - some say it was the HTC one m8, some the z30.

-battery life all day - capacity was big at the time, though small by today's standard, but it really lasted you a full 24 hours back then, if not more

-unique design with the silver chin (which LG G3 followed suit with, not sure if it was a coincidence or not)

-paratek antenna

-natural sound - this technology would adjust the volume or quality of the earpiece as you were talking on the phone, based on your environment. Would make your convos sound like you were in the same room as the person!

-hdmi out, USB-OTG, and miracast - if you want to know how useful these were, check out daddoes on youtube he does a great review on the Z30

-it launched with 10.2 which brought lock screen notifications and toast notifications - none of the competing OS's had these at the time.

-brought the glass weave back plate that the Z10 lacked

Truly their zenith as far as achievement goes, but no one cared and no one bought it...it launched with zero hype and I don't think BlackBerry even held any launch events for it.

Great video by dad does to showcase the power of the Z30. Also any speaker battle always showed the Z30 winning - or the HTC depending on preference.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Last edited by evodevo69; 03-30-17 at 11:54 AM.
    gebco likes this.
    03-30-17 11:34 AM
    Yes! My first BB10 device was a Z30 with its wonderful flickable VKB. The DTEK60, which I see as the Z30's spiritual successor, has the BlackBerry VKB app that bests the keyboards of all non-BlackBerry Android phones. Overall what makes the DTEK devices Z10, Z30 and Leap successors is the unique BlackBerry suite of apps. To be sure, BlackBerry wants the focus to be on its software as what makes BlackBerry Mobile devices distinguishable from competing devices.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    03-31-17 01:05 AM
    Z10 has replaceable battery which for some is a deal breaker

Posted via CB10
    Z10 needed replaceable battery because it was so small barely last half a day with moderate use. The Z30 has over 1000mah more capacity and will easily go all day with moderate to heavy use. No need for removable battery

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 02:37 PM
    Just went back to my Z30, way better OS than my Priv. My wife still on her Z30. Just bought 2 new ones off Amazon, very hard to find
    Is the z30 Blackberry's best non physical keyboard smartphone-img_20170401_080823.png

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use a z30 as my daily device. It is a beast of a device. I totally agree with that statement.

An Apple is an Apple.
    An Android is an Android.

No mystery there.

Now the new BlackBerry is...does it really know what it is?

I do not think it knows what it is.

It is in limbo. An identity crisis of sorts.

Is it trying to pretend to be something that it is not?

I do not want to say that it is being a fa-key. It is not for me to judge for others, but it does seem that there is a point to this.

This is the way I see it.

Apple == Apple

Android == Android

Blackberry=???-of-sorts or sort of...???...maybe?

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport.
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 04-01-17 at 12:27 PM.
    04-01-17 09:57 AM
    An Apple is an Apple.
    An Android is an Android.
    I don't think you can say that about Android.

Sure the base OS occupies 88% of all smartphones worldwide, but Samsung Touchwiz, LG UX, the Pixel, and BlackBerry Android offer a distinctly different take.

In my opinion, if you took a former BlackBerry user that hadn't used android before, and gave them all the devices listed above (without branding), they would almost immediately distinguish which one was the BlackBerry. That says something.
    04-01-17 10:17 AM
    I don't think you can say that about Android.

Sure the base OS occupies 88% of all smartphones worldwide, but Samsung Touchwiz, LG UX, the Pixel, and BlackBerry Android offer a distinctly different take.

In my opinion, if you took a former BlackBerry user that hadn't used android before, and gave them all the devices listed above (without branding), they would almost immediately distinguish which one was the BlackBerry. That says something.
    I can understand what you mean by that.

We can perhaps come to that agreement that it is like Linux with it's many flavors like Slackware,Redhat,OpenSuse,Ubuntu,ArchLinux,etc.

So like Android with it's many flavors, BlackBerry now being one of them...

BlackBerry is now just a flavor of Android...for me that is not what counts...

I feel that BlackBerry OS10 or even OS7, etc (past BlackBerry operating systems highly optimized for the hardware) was what made the idea of what BlackBerry is. A messaging marvel that was smart, safe, and efficient...rock solid stability.

As a platform that uniquely identifies what a BlackBerry is.

If say Microsoft Windows or Apple MacOS were to make a flavor of Linux...would they really still be Microsoft Windows or MacOS? Or would you consider them a Linux variant or flavor of Linux...

Or are they still Microsoft Windows or Apple MacOS?

If BlackBerry were a desktop operating system, I'd say it's a proprietary Unix operating system like Darwin or Solaris...

For me...my opinion is BlackBerry in its current state is just a flavor of Android.

Nothing wrong with that if that's what is preferred by you and others.

I personally prefer a Qnix based OS from BlackBerry. The rock solid stability and security that it provides is what I love about BlackBerry.

I guess that is is just me. And maybe a few others.

I have tried android. In particular a Lenovo A7000-a. I found that android device some what intrusive ,buggy, constantly crashing and hanging. Furthermore I find Google kinda creepy with all the stalker like questions of asking for all kinds of permission.

So for me I would prefer to go else where when my BlackBerry 10 devices reach the edge of the sunset...perhaps my best bet is Apple iPhone or Sony - Jolla....and also worth considering is the Ubuntu phone if it ever becomes available to my market...

Btw, I think that octa-core Lenovo A7000-a with 2gb ram was a piece of junk compared to this white BlackBerry z30...never really hangs or crashes like that Lenovo A7000-a...and that is the truth...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 04-01-17 at 07:46 PM.
    04-01-17 12:13 PM
    It's still my daily driver and the vkb blows everything else away.
    Sadly (in some ways) , I'll be switching to a Samsung S8 at the end of the month due to work (I could choose this or an iPhone).
    So the Z30 will end my run as a BlackBerry user since about 2002!
    The Z30 was a great finale!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 12:23 PM
    I loved my z30 when it was new and updates were still coming. My only real complaint prior to the software deterioration was the low volume of the earpiece. I just sold mine to a member here, just gotta get it shipped when things are open. I have a priv now for the last year and am completely content with it. Got a z10 for a backup still. The z30 was truly a great phone
    04-01-17 12:36 PM
    So for me I would prefer to go else where when my BlackBerry 10 devices reach the edge of the sunset...perhaps my best bet is Apple iPhone or Sony - Jolla....and also worth considering is the Ubuntu phone is it ever becomes available to my market...

Posted via CB10
    Ok. But BlackBerry Android is by FAR the closest thing to BB10 that exists today. Many of the same things that kept me on BB10 for years are keeping me on BlackBerry Android today. I'd give it a good try before you go Apple.
    04-01-17 03:21 PM
    Show some respect to the watershed device that is the "dirty" Z30.

No need to discuss android here

04-01-17 06:23 PM
    Ok. But BlackBerry Android is by FAR the closest thing to BB10 that exists today. Many of the same things that kept me on BB10 for years are keeping me on BlackBerry Android today. I'd give it a good try before you go Apple.
    Noted. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 07:49 PM
    Show some respect to the watershed device that is the "dirty" Z30.

No need to discuss android here

My sincerest apologies, I could not help myself. I really love this BlackBerry z30, it is truly an engineering marvel...Peace...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 07:52 PM
    I can understand what you mean by that.

We can perhaps come to that agreement that it is like Linux with it's many flavors like Slackware,Redhat,OpenSuse,Ubuntu,ArchLinux,etc.

So like Android with it's many flavors, BlackBerry now being one of them...

BlackBerry is now just a flavor of Android...for me that is not what counts...

I feel that BlackBerry OS10 or even OS7, etc (past BlackBerry operating systems highly optimized for the hardware) was what made the idea of what BlackBerry is. A messaging marvel that was smart, safe, and efficient...rock solid stability.

As a platform that uniquely identifies what a BlackBerry is.

If say Microsoft Windows or Apple MacOS were to make a flavor of Linux...would they really still be Microsoft Windows or MacOS? Or would you consider them a Linux variant or flavor of Linux...

Or are they still Microsoft Windows or Apple MacOS?

If BlackBerry were a desktop operating system, I'd say it's a proprietary Unix operating system like Darwin or Solaris...

For me...my opinion is BlackBerry in its current state is just a flavor of Android.

Nothing wrong with that if that's what is preferred by you and others.

I personally prefer a Qnix based OS from BlackBerry. The rock solid stability and security that it provides is what I love about BlackBerry.

I guess that is is just me. And maybe a few others.

I have tried android. In particular a Lenovo A7000-a. I found that android device some what intrusive ,buggy, constantly crashing and hanging. Furthermore I find Google kinda creepy with all the stalker like questions of asking for all kinds of permission.

So for me I would prefer to go else where when my BlackBerry 10 devices reach the edge of the sunset...perhaps my best bet is Apple iPhone or Sony - Jolla....and also worth considering is the Ubuntu phone if it ever becomes available to my market...

Btw, I think that octa-core Lenovo A7000-a with 2gb ram was a piece of junk compared to this white BlackBerry z30...never really hangs or crashes like that Lenovo A7000-a...and that is the truth...

Posted via CB10
    This

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    04-02-17 01:51 AM
    This

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Hahaha...that "blablabla"...is so so funny true! Hahaha (blablabla)...LoLz!!!

Via a very battered white BlackBerry z30 , running on the fumes of love...LoLz!!!
    04-02-17 03:24 AM
    By far the closest thing to BB10?

Loaded up the HUB+ suite with RBG LED on my S7 and THAT is the closest thing to BlackBerry.

The dtek50 with its white led or the dtek60 with its red only led is not "by far" the closest thing to bb10 I'm sorry - all it has is the productivity tab. Otherwise, I have the BlackBerry launcher, hub, and any other BlackBerry app on the S7 and I can customize the LED.

That's more BlackBerry than the dtek devices "by far".

Security notwithstanding.

I also paid $540 CAD, case, screen protector included for the S7.

04-02-17 09:59 AM
116 ... 2345