is there anyone here who have been experiencing this- my 6 month old z30 sometimes loses all its 100% juice in a span of 4-5 hours even with low-moderate usage

App Manager shows BBM the culprit even though I don't use BBM at all

:-(

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:15 PM
    I had this problem too. Sometimes BBM goes rampant and I never use it either. Try resetting your phone and make sure BBM connectivity is off for all of your apps.

Also maybe try a hard reset (hold down volume buttons)

For me it's an odd occurrence for BBM to do that. Otherwise my BlackBerry z30 battery is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:57 PM
    thanks Mayor for your tip :-)

can we expect Blackberry to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:41 AM
    I think most Z30 owners have had this, not happened to me for a couple of months but a quick reboot seems to sort it until the next time. I check the device monitor every couple of hours and if I notice anything I do a reset.

Spike

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:45 AM
    yeah..i intend to do the same..but I guess that's a bit frustrating - to reboot everytime the app manager shows bbm

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:47 AM
    Probably bad reception area

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:45 AM
    Just this past week one day my Z30 battery was drained and the phone was very hot. I checked the device manager to see what was going on and noticed BBM was using a lot of resources. I performed a complete shutdown and so far has been running as normal.

Posted Via CB10 Using my Great Z30, PB or Q10
    09-27-14 08:56 AM
    Try the hard reset. Holding volume up and down until the blue boot square shows.

That will typically fix my battery drain problems. Usually happen after a clean OS install.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:20 AM
    is there anyone here who have been experiencing this- my 6 month old z30 sometimes loses all its 100% juice in a span of 4-5 hours even with low-moderate usage

App Manager shows BBM the culprit even though I don't use BBM at all

:-(

Posted via CB10
    I read on one of the threads that opening BBM shop and then individually opening all the new sticker packs that have a red start can solve the problem.
    Updating to the latest version could also help.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:20 AM
    Happened to me a couple of times, hard reset fixed it on both occasions.

Hasn't happened again since the last small BBM update.

I would also add that I have never used BBM.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    09-27-14 11:39 AM
    Since a few days I have the "same" problem. The memory usage for the system went all the way up until it had 255 MB free and suck all the battery giving me 4-5 hours which is OK if there is an app that suck all the juice so I assume the battery is healthy

Even after several reboot and shutdown it kept the same result. As I removed apps it chewed through the rest of the system's memory storage. I had to remove all the accounts and apps and only kept the old apps that had some information I would rather keep.

The "app" that seem to get the most usage seem to have been caused by the PIM services. Now it seem the system memory usage to only use 2.15 GB but for how long since it is a progressive thing but again I have removed all accounts on the phone so!?

Wondering if it's not a server problem that keep sending information back and forth and re-synchronizing all the time etc.
    09-27-14 01:41 PM
    I think it may be the new apps that I installed, which asked for the ability to connect to BBM. (I don't open BBM). So I found the place to disconnect all apps from BBM. Battery life is getting better.

Another hypothesis is that it's wife related. Too much power drawn.
    09-27-14 05:44 PM
    First month, charged every night. Then i switched to every other night. Now I charge every third night with my wireless TYLT charger . Unreal. So..one night with my TYLT, my usage curve went horrible. Was stunned. Turns out 10.2 was coming down. I think that the NSA, VZN, and BB were having a ball with my ZED and also cbecking in with one another to make sure they got their stories right !! Doc Neutron
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-14 06:09 PM
    What lol
    09-27-14 07:10 PM
    I think most Z30 owners have had this, not happened to me for a couple of months but a quick reboot seems to sort it until the next time. I check the device monitor every couple of hours and if I notice anything I do a reset.

Spike

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:31 PM
    Mine is also draining too fast even without using....
    Z30 battery loses juice pretty quick.-img_20140928_074150.png

via ZED 30
    09-27-14 09:16 PM
    I've had some major battery problems.
    Z30 battery loses juice pretty quick.-img_20140904_220402.png

There were caused by poor wifi, using an old charger instead of the charger that came with the Z30 and possibly the wireless charger that doesn't charge at the same rate as the supplied Z30 one. I don't use BBM and do have many apps but shut most of them down and still was only getting 4-5 hrs. After having our home wifi equipment upgraded (I work from home), adding a network extender, using a higher amp charger and several hard reboots, my battery life is back to normal. Verizon actually sent me a Certified refurbished replacement (with no back on it) but I sent it back after fixing all of the fore mentioned items.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    09-27-14 09:25 PM