Z30 has been great for battery life on any version of 10.3.1 for me.

Z30 Battery Life Test-img_20150226_123821.png

Posted via z30
    02-26-15 11:39 AM
    I find this thread interesting. Recently I've discovered that if but don't fiddle with the phone so much by mindlessly playing with social media apps like Facebook and Twitter, I can stretch the battery life easily to over a day.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    02-27-15 08:23 AM
    Im also concerned with my Z30, I can only get like 7 hours of juice. I have since october, those fisrt 2 weeks all day long with a single charge, now Im always looking for a charger around 2pm everyday. 10.3 didnt improve battery life either. Any advices?
    02-28-15 06:08 AM
    Im also concerned with my Z30, I can only get like 7 hours of juice. I have since october, those fisrt 2 weeks all day long with a single charge, now Im always looking for a charger around 2pm everyday. 10.3 didnt improve battery life either. Any advices?
    Have you opened Device Monitor and looked at two info screens/graphs. When first opened it shows Battery and what is using it. Then at the bottom you can tap CPU and see what has been churning.
    02-28-15 08:57 AM
    Have you opened Device Monitor and looked at two info screens/graphs. When first opened it shows Battery and what is using it. Then at the bottom you can tap CPU and see what has been churning.
    Yeah I've checked and is always the System the first jumping between 5% and 47%... and some other stuff one digit percentage , some of them below 1%. Any tips?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 01:00 PM
    My battery used to be fantastic, I could make it through the day no sweat. But since upgrading to 10.3 I have lost a good 4-5 hours of battery life, my device no longer sits "idle" there is always something running in the background and my device monitor is not much help it'll have the system running around 35-40% And standby at around 20%. There were a few odd times the battery improved but then went back to normal. Anybody else notice this since upgrading(

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-15 01:50 PM
    I have the latest 10.3 and I charge every other day on minimal usage.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 02:15 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:04 PM
    Yeah I've checked and is always the System the first jumping between 5% and 47%... and some other stuff one digit percentage , some of them below 1%. Any tips?

Posted via CB10
    That WAS my issue (knocking on wood and crossing fingers). System was killing the battery. I even posted about it but never got any clear reply about what SYSTEM is doing or why. It would act up for 2 or 3 days and then go back to normal for a few days than act up again. In the last week it never abated.

Finally, what fixed it for my was installing the latest leak using an Autoloader. SO FAR, so good. About 6 days now. But, again, what causes it I have no idea.
    02-28-15 04:16 PM
    I've seen this also on phones that do Ota updates.

Doing a backup and using an autoloader is best.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:10 PM
    For me, since the latest OS update, I can go 40 hours on minimal use, about 24 hours on steady use. Battery life improved dramatically. Before the update, I would drain my battery down to 3% before charging, and I would get up to 24 hours on minimal charge. For me, that fixed the battery losing charge.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:28 PM
    At 85% battery I have 1 day 8 hrs remains on my battery. But at 84% battery I have 2 days 14 hrs remaining. Battery seems to be a lot better but when I updated it drained from full in 7 hrs I rebooted and shut off power saving mode and got these numbers. But I'm not able to attach pictures to my post. Any idea why I use the attachment icon but it won't post.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:43 PM
    That WAS my issue (knocking on wood and crossing fingers). System was killing the battery. I even posted about it but never got any clear reply about what SYSTEM is doing or why. It would act up for 2 or 3 days and then go back to normal for a few days than act up again. In the last week it never abated.

Finally, what fixed it for my was installing the latest leak using an Autoloader. SO FAR, so good. About 6 days now. But, again, what causes it I have no idea.
    So, what you mean is ignore this official update and go on a leak instead?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 08:07 PM
    So, what you mean is ignore this official update and go on a leak instead?

Posted via CB10
    What version of the OS do you have? The latest official? Or?

since you are posting using cb10, just type

myver (then press the spacebar)

It will provide OS and model numbers and post that reply.
    03-01-15 09:08 PM
    There are so many variables to battery life. In preparation for the new OS, I wiped my phone. As I waited for the new OS, I ran my phone with no email accounts (compared to the 2 work accounts and 5 personal accounts usually on the phone ), no FB, no Twitter, and no apps except CB. My Z30 gave me DAYS of use from a charge. Now that I've reinstalled everything, I'm back to my usual 18-20 hours or so. I do find that with 10.3.1 I'm getting a little more battery life.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-01-15 10:12 PM
    What version of the OS do you have? The latest official? Or?

since you are posting using cb10, just type

myver (then press the spacebar)

It will provide OS and model numbers and post that reply.
    I'm on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267, yes it's the official, I got it OTA more than week ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:33 AM
    In that case, you have what I'd say is both the official and the leak since they are the same.

If you don't mind taking the time, you could just run the Autoloader. You might want to backup and run it and then restore. There are folks who don't restore figuring they may be restoring some glitch. I did a restore (but left out the Blackberry runtime). And, knock on wood, so far things are going okay. I had 1949 on mine and System was nuts. I used Sachesi to move to the leak but then lost a number of sensors (no landscape in camera and viewer apps). So then I did the Autoloader - fixed my issues. But as you may know if you read this place broadly, there are folks still having issues and many with no issues.

Your call, obviously.
    03-02-15 08:47 AM
    In that case, you have what I'd say is both the official and the leak since they are the same.

If you don't mind taking the time, you could just run the Autoloader. You might want to backup and run it and then restore. There are folks who don't restore figuring they may be restoring some glitch. I did a restore (but left out the Blackberry runtime). And, knock on wood, so far things are going okay. I had 1949 on mine and System was nuts. I used Sachesi to move to the leak but then lost a number of sensors (no landscape in camera and viewer apps). So then I did the Autoloader - fixed my issues. But as you may know if you read this place broadly, there are folks still having issues and many with no issues.

Your call, obviously.
    Thanks man... I think that I'm going to wait for a few days and see what happens. If BlackBerry doesn't send out some patches I guess I'll try your solution. So now patience is my virtue like in any other BlackBerry user for a while now

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:27 PM
    Don't know if you've tried it...go into system setting�security and privacy� application permissions....turn off " run in background" for all apps that you can't or won't run in a window. Hopefully I've not repeated someone else's post.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    dartdriver and FF22 like this.
    03-02-15 09:42 PM
    Battery life since 10.3 update has dropped significantly. I used to go 14 to 16 hours and now get 9 to 10. I also lose wifi connections repeatedly and not due to battery saver mode.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:13 PM
    Better battery life for my Z30 after updated to 10.3.1.
    I was able to get more than 24hrs battery on normal use.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:13 AM
    I make it about 10 hours of solid use for me that's damn good.
    03-04-15 01:30 PM
    Don't know if you've tried it...go into system setting�security and privacy� application permissions....turn off " run in background" for all apps that you can't or won't run in a window. Hopefully I've not repeated someone else's post.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    I only have 6 apps configurated to run in the background, and I need all 6 to do so. And they've been there since always. I deleted Igrann cause I don't really use it, let's see what happens. One thing I did a few days was that on CPU usage I closed some apps like Bluetooth that even tough was off was using CPU. And now the System uses and average of 30 to 45% and I've seen an extra couple of hours of life in my battery. Again I'm trying everything so thanks for all your help. On a side note... I'm starting to regret this update my phone is extremely lagging now, on calls, video calls, pictures, camera usage, cloud services thru the folders, etc. I'm bit worried on that front too

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:59 PM
    Z30 Battery Life Test-img_20150305_005035.png
    This is my battery life after the update this is very annoying especially since i don't know why the hell input service is using so much of my battery in such a small period of time

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    03-05-15 12:40 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150305_005035.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	338948
    This is my battery life after the update this is very annoying especially since i don't know why the hell input service is using so much of my battery in such a small period of time

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    I'm not sure what INPUT SERVICES are but maybe they have to do with the TouchScreen and/or Sensors.

Maybe try something. Main Settings, Display, scroll down a bit to "Swipe To Wake" and turn off that feature. You will have to use the Power Button to wake the device. But maybe it is using an inordinate amount of power to wait for a swipe to wake?

Also, if you have enabled the Advanced Interactions (again Main Settings), turn them off for testing purposes.

Also run BB Virtual Expert and run all the tests.

Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests.
    03-05-15 08:35 AM
50 12