So after last evening battery life has somewhat improved, power usage on battery guru has dropped to -1.4-5w but still thats too high, Just cant seem to figure out whats using the battery so much, even on screen off usage is at -1.4-.6w so deffinitely its something running in the background that I cannot see...I do not have any heating issue now, device is normal unless i start using apps excessively...but now its the battery usage on battery guru that im trying to fix
    Can you post a screen shot of device manager battery tab?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:53 AM
    Hi wayne I do not have the battery tab on device manager as my Z30 is running OS 10.2.0.429 at the moment as I have not sideloaded any leaks. When I purchased the device it was loaded with OS 10.2.0.424 and during the initial config wizard I updated to 10.2.0.429 and Now im even unable to roll back to .424 as im not sure how to downgrade. I can post a screenshot using battery guru if thats ok?

Im kind of guessing it could be an OS issue therefore for me to even verify that im not able to roll back to my out of the box version
    12-25-13 09:42 AM
    Hi wayne I do not have the battery tab on device manager as my Z30 is running OS 10.2.0.429 at the moment as I have not sideloaded any leaks. When I purchased the device it was loaded with OS 10.2.0.424 and during the initial config wizard I updated to 10.2.0.429 and Now im even unable to roll back to .424 as im not sure how to downgrade. I can post a screenshot using battery guru if thats ok?

Im kind of guessing it could be an OS issue therefore for me to even verify that im not able to roll back to my out of the box version
    OK, battery guru would not be as helpful because the battery tab would show what application is burning up the battery power. If you look at the image a few posts above you can see how it will show the apps that are using the battery, battery guru is unable to do this.

You may be able to find the OS you are looking for somewhere in the forums but at that point I would recommend installing one of the leaks, I'm on 10.2.1.1925 and it is running great for me. I know that you said that you have not done that but it is pretty safe to do and if it is an OS issue that would be resolved.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 12:34 PM
    I agree, flash the latest leak and let's see how it goes. Btw merry Xmas

Z30, a bit in the heavy side but the Carbonate beta case rocks!
    12-25-13 01:51 PM
    Will give that a try, but before i install the leak I just want to give a try in installing and running the out of the box OS version before I proceed just to be sure if this is HW level issue or SW level problem
    12-26-13 02:00 AM
    Thanks i think your post is pretty detailed so I will be following those instructions, I presume the same method can be used to install official versions too in-case I need to roll back/downgrade to a previous version?
    12-26-13 10:22 AM
    Thanks i think your post is pretty detailed so I will be following those instructions, I presume the same method can be used to install official versions too in-case I need to roll back/downgrade to a previous version?
    Yes, you would just have to find the official or a version below the official. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.2.1.1925
    12-26-13 10:31 AM
    Ok, ignore the Native app management and download this Taskmanager as it displays any Android crap running that i regularly kill when i noticed steep battery drops.
    Made a difference for me. None of this garbage running in the background is displayed by BB. Leave it active, check it often and REFRESH every time you open the frame. It does not refresh on its own and will only display the last thing open you last saw. KILL all residual running processes.
    Let us know how it works for you.

Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue-taskmanager-.png

Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue-taskmanager-screen-.png
    pcuser likes this.
    12-26-13 04:51 PM
    I also shut off the Lte raido. 4 g works great for me.
    12-26-13 04:56 PM
    Remove all your accounts. Twitter and Facebook and emails. Then see what happens

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 06:13 PM
    My Z30 Was fine for the last two months but having battery draining issue lately, keep finding my Z30 dead in the morning with about 40% battery at night

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 06:31 PM
    Ok, ignore the Native app management and download this Taskmanager as it displays any Android crap running that i regularly kill when i noticed steep battery drops. Made a difference for me. None of this garbage running in the background is displayed by BB. Leave it active, check it often and REFRESH every time you open the frame. It does not refresh on its own and will only display the last thing open you last saw. KILL all residual running processes.
    A pity it doesn't have the auto-crap-killing function like many of its Android counterparts do.
    12-26-13 06:59 PM
    My Z30 Was fine for the last two months but having battery draining issue lately, keep finding my Z30 dead in the morning with about 40% battery at night
    Assuming there are no hardware or software (Android crap, zombies, malware, etc.) issues, it could be signal strength problem. Maybe, your service provider is performing maintenance work at night causing the signal strength to dip drastically? Consequently, your Z30 would work itself to exhaustion trying to grab hold of the weakened signal. It happened to my legacy phone many times in the past, too. I used to call it the mysterious vampire phenomenon.

Unfortunately, as I know it, we don't have a relevant diagnostic app at the moment. Back in the OS6/7 days, I checked problems like this using an all-purpose utility app that recorded memory, signal strength, and battery statuses over time.
    12-26-13 07:25 PM
    obviously your phone is defective, return the phone and get a new one before its too late. Very few people have this problem so it must be a defective phone, or there would be a lot of other people complaining about this issue. And btw all other phone manufacturers have problems it's not just BB.
    12-26-13 08:45 PM
    Tried so many things even installing the latest leak, my battery is draining like crazy there is a usage of -2.00+w and then on standby a usage of -1.5w+, when I keep the charger connected and when the battery is 100% theres no usage at all in the device i do not understand whats hogging my battery so much causing it to drain this fast and quick. No matter what I do, really frustrated and annoyed with this as the battery dies in 5hrs and causing my to charge it

Well that being said im just going to send the device back to dubai for replacement as i have had enough with this
    12-30-13 12:40 AM
    Yes should be a defective device, I just loaded the latest leak and my battery performance has improved tremendously

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:42 AM
    Is it actually true that you need to give time for the device to synch all data?i dont understand why it takes 24-72hrs as i read somewhere?I dont have that much data so synch either so i deffinitely should be a device problem, nevertheless i think its time to send this back theres no point trying so hard to fix this when there is warranty. Since i have tried alot of things already

Btw even when I turn on airplane mode, still the usage is the same
    12-30-13 02:03 AM
    Well that being said im just going to send the device back to dubai for replacement as i have had enough with this
    You have used up a lot of your time and efforts trying to fix something that probably should not have been your obligation to do so to begin with. It seems impractical to continue to invest/waste more into it.

Just make sure to wipe the device clean before you ship it back. And, good luck on this.
    12-30-13 02:11 AM
    Yes true, but since im not travelling back and forth often its not easy sending it back as i need to send it through someone reliable and trustworthy to get it done properly so i need to be really sure that its a device malfunction before sending it

Now i can conclude its a device issue, thanks, yes ill do a full device wipe before sending it
    12-30-13 02:23 AM
    Yes true, but since im not travelling back and forth often its not easy sending it back as i need to send it through someone reliable and trustworthy to get it done properly so i need to be really sure that its a device malfunction before sending it

Now i can conclude its a device issue, thanks, yes ill do a full device wipe before sending it
    It sounds like you have done all that you could do. It sounds like it is likely a bad device. The only question I would have is did you do a restore after the install? I would recommend not doing a restore after a wipe and reinstall.

The phone does take a while to "settle in "after a new OS install but with a z30 you should still get far beyond 5hrs. Like I said earlier I think your device is bad but it also sounds like it is not convenient for you to get the device replaced so you might want to try my suggestion above.

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 07:08 AM
    installed .1925 last night, and today:

Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue-img_20131230_170345.png

Booyah:

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 04:06 PM
    My phone feels cold sometimes

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:39 PM
    I already sent the device back, hopefully should be hearing some update by monday on what the issue is.

jrohland - i agree with you to a certain extent, but the device is set to synch emails for the last 30 days only and nothing more, therefore i dont see why it would take more than a week to complete its indexing process. Also i had nothing to index i even removed my memory card and all my media is on the memory card. Plus i had another friend who purchased a z30 too and he did not have this issue, regardless of what he did on the first day he purchased it he had good battery life of about 1-1.5days on the Z30

Nevertheless thanks for all your infomation, i should be getting back my device in about 1-2 weeks as my uncle in dubai will be handling this issue so i should be hearing from him within this week or so as he informed me he had already contacted the blackberry agents where I purchased the Z30 from and therefore I will definitely post to you guys and let you guys know
    01-04-14 10:11 AM
    Ok so to update everyone and thank everyone for helping, i received a brand new BB Z30 device as replacement this morning through my uncle...Cause of this issue is unknown as the phone shop in dubai had not disclosed any info on this to my uncle and therefore had given him a new Z30 instead. Although I only was able to only have a look at the sealed box i will be testing out the phone this evening once i go back home from work...hopefully no issues now and all is well, fingers crossed

Edit - Confirgured and setup everything today on the new device and getting a battery time of 1 day + and device hardly heats up unless im doing something heavy, so far so good, therefore I will now conclude that it was a defective device that I received first, this case is now closed
    Last edited by Aaqib_Afzal; 01-14-14 at 06:09 AM.
    01-12-14 11:35 PM
    I also long time problem with my z30. Exactly the same.. only 5 hours battery life.and continuously heating up... I already replaced.the battery, installed different battery apps, configured the device manager but the problem still the same....some people advices was just a theory.. I think you need to own z30 first.. I think z30 has a bull**** program that makes the device heat up and.drain the battery.
    11-08-16 01:35 AM
55 123