I bought a Z30 yesterday from shopblackberry in Canada, received an 'order submitted' email about a minute after ordering with price of $249 + shipping + taxes from BlackBerry US. Today at 15:07 I received an 'order confirmation' email with same price details and now at 16:07 received another email 'product on backorder' with a price of $499!! Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:28 PM
    Did you order the black or white one?! I see that the white one is Out of Stock today...I thought they got a restock on the black ones though.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:36 PM
    Yikes. Contact them directly. The last thing you want is pay $499.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:39 PM
    Yikes. Contact them directly. The last thing you want is pay $499.

Posted via CB10
    I know that's right....shouldn't they give him like a Rain Check or something?!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:41 PM
    I know that's right....shouldn't they give him like a Rain Check or something?!

Posted via CB10
    You'd think. My guess it is a processing error.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:45 PM
    Yeah the back order email is an error and the ones I received when I ordered the passport didn't have a price. Worst case just call them though be warned that won't be to much help.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:46 PM
    Ya, I guess I'll try to call tomorrow. I ordered the white version because black was listed as out of stock as it still is!! Same as the white version as of today too. I've read a few horror stories ordering from shopblackberry but this is ridiculous!! I'm confirmed then on backorder, I'm paying 249 and then 499?!?! It feels as if I ordered a mobile device through a laundromat that does shipping on the side!!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:59 PM
    You bought it when it was $249 so you will get it at that price just call them up and give them your order number to resolve the issue. I got mine from shop blackberry but I got it at 299 the price dropped to 225 like a day after it was delivered I'm waiting on my price adjustments. Crossing my fingers

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:10 PM
    Ya, I guess I'll try to call tomorrow. I ordered the white version because black was listed as out of stock as it still is!! Same as the white version as of today too. I've read a few horror stories ordering from shopblackberry but this is ridiculous!! I'm confirmed then on backorder, I'm paying 249 and then 499?!?! It feels as if I ordered a mobile device through a laundromat that does shipping on the side!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol good way to put it. I'm sure it's just a glitch in the email system and you will only be charged the sale price.

I never received a backordered email and it still took almost 5 days for them to ship my black Z30 so you are gonna have to be patient.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:38 AM
    I ordered a Black Z30 on the 24th, the shipping notification came on the 29th (5 business days). I also ordered a white Z30 on the 26th and received an order confirmation on the 27th. Receipts from paypal were also emailed for the correct amount....since I have already been charged for the white Z30 I can't imagine that they will try to charge me again with the full price. I have not received a backorder email for the White one yet, but it also hasn't been 5 business days yet so maybe I made the cut. Time will tell.
    12-01-14 12:29 PM
    Lol good way to put it. I'm sure it's just a glitch in the email system and you will only be charged the sale price.

I never received a backordered email and it still took almost 5 days for them to ship my black Z30 so you are gonna have to be patient.

Posted via CB10
    You're probably right and honestly, I'm not overly concerned about waiting as I have a perfectly functional Z10. It was the $499 in the final email I received that got my attention. What is even more alarming is that I just got off the phone with them and it was a complete disaster! I mean this guy kept repeating 'in any event....' 'in any event...' 'please stay on the line,ok?...' 'please stay on the line, ok?...' leading me to believe he was putting me on hold to check on the order or continue playing solitaire or whatever but just kept talking in circles . Not to mention he was throwing around both prices and not confirming either of them!

I've read a few threads on CB about digital river but had no idea how bad this company actually is! Before calling them I clicked on the link in the email to contact them in the event of an issue which brought up a warning on both my phone and computer browser that the site could not be verified. That led me to go directly to Blackberry's site to find their contact info. I mean really?!?! How can BlackBerry possibly be partnered with these people?! I'm pretty certain I'll get my phone at some point for the $249 I paid but... WOW, what a bad experience! BlackBerry should address this immediately.

Posted via CB10
    desporterizer likes this.
    12-01-14 12:34 PM
    Call them if you feel the need or they charged you the wrong price. You original order will indicate the lower price and in my experience, they'll honor it. They have the order date, which is enough to certify the price.

The receipt I got with the Z30 I ordered has the $499 price, even though I paid the sale price.
    12-01-14 12:36 PM
    You're probably right and honestly, I'm not overly concerned about waiting as I have a perfectly functional Z10. It was the $499 in the final email I received that got my attention. What is even more alarming is that I just got off the phone with them and it was a complete disaster! I mean this guy kept repeating 'in any event....' 'in any event...' 'please stay on the line,ok?...' 'please stay on the line, ok?...' leading me to believe he was putting me on hold to check on the order or continue playing solitaire or whatever but just kept talking in circles . Not to mention he was throwing around both prices and not confirming either of them!

I've read a few threads on CB about digital river but had no idea how bad this company actually is! Before calling them I clicked on the link in the email to contact them in the event of an issue which brought up a warning on both my phone and computer browser that the site could not be verified. That led me to go directly to Blackberry's site to find their contact info. I mean really?!?! How can BlackBerry possibly be partnered with these people?! I'm pretty certain I'll get my phone at some point for the $249 I paid but... WOW, what a bad experience! BlackBerry should address this immediately.
    I've only talked to them once and it was fine. The rep asked me a few questions to verify my order and everything was good.

They're not good about keeping customers up-to-date from their end, maybe due to too many automated mechanisms that just confuse the ordering process. As for why BlackBerry is using them, well, it seems they also handle direct sales for a lot of other companies. See Digital River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
    12-01-14 12:42 PM
    They're not good about keeping customers up-to-date from their end, maybe due to too many automated mechanisms that just confuse the ordering process. .
    This is true, When I received my shipping notification (Tracking #) on the 29th, the order was already well on its way. It is scheduled to arrive today and I live all the way across the country in BC.
    12-01-14 12:46 PM
    This is true, When I received my shipping notification (Tracking #) on the 29th, the order was already well on its way. It is scheduled to arrive today and I live all the way across the country in BC.
    Luck of the draw I guess

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:01 PM
    Received the same email.
    Dear mvpcrossxover,

Thank you for ordering on BlackBerry US. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped.

Product Name Qty Ordered Backorder Quantity Amount
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BlackBerry Z30 (GSM Unlocked) - Black 1 1 $499.00
    But at the end of the email the billing information is this

Product SKU: PRD-54914-039
    Product Name: BlackBerry Z30 (GSM Unlocked) - Black
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $225.00
    Shipment Tracking Numbers:
    OP might have the same email but didn't look at the bottom.
    12-01-14 02:01 PM
    FACEPALM....

OP, please do what he says. ^
    12-01-14 02:17 PM
    Received the same email.

But at the end of the email the billing information is this

OP might have the same email but didn't look at the bottom.
    I have the exact same email except mine says $249 at the bottom, for Canadian deal, but it's still confusing and doesn't change much. I'm sure, now that some of the order has been clarified (thanks to this forum) I will get the phone for the sale price, delivered at some point, but the whole process was just a little odd. I read here on another thread to NOT call digital river after placing an order because it would only confuse/complicate things, and that was well before the sale began! I can't remember who stated that thread but it was 100% accurate. I don't purchase many items online but to me, getting those 3 consecutive emails seemed odd. It's no big deal, I'm thankful that I was able to refer to this forum for help and I'm reassured that others have experienced the same. That's not to say this couldn't have been processed in a much more streamlined manner but I haven't lost any sleep over it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-01-14 04:34 PM
    I have the exact same email except mine says $249 at the bottom, for Canadian deal, but it's still confusing and doesn't change much. I'm sure, now that some of the order has been clarified (thanks to this forum) I will get the phone for the sale price, delivered at some point, but the whole process was just a little odd. I read here on another thread to NOT call digital river after placing an order because it would only confuse/complicate things, and that was well before the sale began! I can't remember who stated that thread but it was 100% accurate. I don't purchase many items online but to me, getting those 3 consecutive emails seemed odd. It's no big deal, I'm thankful that I was able to refer to this forum for help and I'm reassured that others have experienced the same. That's not to say this couldn't have been processed in a much more streamlined manner but I haven't lost any sleep over it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    As long as your bank statement says $249 you should be fine. Until then, just gotta wait for that shipping email. Probably in another 2 weeks. lol
    Tf somehow they don't honor the discount price then there a huge major issue there.
    12-01-14 05:07 PM
    As long as your bank statement says $249 you should be fine. Until then, just gotta wait for that shipping email. Probably in another 2 weeks. lol
    Tf somehow they don't honor the discount price then there a huge major issue there.
    I haven't read any problems regarding the price on final delivery on the forum so I think it's safe to assume they'll only charge me the $249 but the wait is gonna be a pain. Lol. I don't know if I should wait to buy the black battery door cover for the white Z30 or wait until I actually receive it. I found a pretty sweet deal on amazon for 2 OEM black battery covers for $12 or $13! I'll probably just go ahead and order them now and hope the phone shows up before the end of the year. Meh!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:56 PM
    What are the chances of us backordered folks getting refurbished units?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:51 PM
    I ordered my z30 the Friday before last and just received it today. They charged my card the sale price $249 but the invoice in the shipping box said $499.

Who really knows what that discrepancy means, but I'm sure happy I bought it when I did. Perfect gift for my girl to get her totally off the iPhone. (she's dual using a q5 and iphone 4s at the moment).