I have a user with a z30, I had used my computer (using bb link) to back up his z10, and then restore onto his z30.

Now his phone asks daily for a password to connect to my computer (the phone and computer are not going to be connected going forward, and are not in the same building/network)

I rmoved the phone from link on my computer, but he's still getting the message.

any tips?

thanks!
    03-06-14 11:47 AM
    I have a user with a z30, I had used my computer (using bb link) to back up his z10, and then restore onto his z30.

Now his phone asks daily for a password to connect to my computer (the phone and computer are not going to be connected going forward, and are not in the same building/network)

I rmoved the phone from link on my computer, but he's still getting the message.

any tips?

thanks!
    Disable wifi file sharing see if that helps.
    >Settings > Storage and Access > Access using Wifi [ Off ]
    03-06-14 12:06 PM
    file sharing was already turned off, it seems
    03-06-14 03:27 PM
    My Z10 and my wife's Z30 do this once per day

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 03:29 PM
    Have him do on his Z30:
    Settings/BlackBerry Link
    Scroll down to the Paired Computer section and press-hold the computer that matches your computer's name, the right side of the screen will expand.
    Have him press the Trash Can icon in the lower right.
    That should remove your computer info from his device, then whatever app is looking for pair computers daily will no longer look for yours.
    neilwhite likes this.
    03-06-14 04:25 PM
    Have him do on his Z30:
    Settings/BlackBerry Link
    Scroll down to the Paired Computer section and press-hold the computer that matches your computer's name, the right side of the screen will expand.
    Have him press the Trash Can icon in the lower right.
    That should remove your computer info from his device, then whatever app is looking for pair computers daily will no longer look for yours.
    this sounded like it was in the right direction, but apparently still getting the password request after deleting the pairing.

Any other ideas?
    neilwhite likes this.
    03-10-14 11:58 AM
    Sounds like you have a device password installed (lock screen). Then Link always ask for this password before connecting. At least for me it has always been like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:02 PM
    Sounds like you have a device password installed (lock screen). Then Link always ask for this password before connecting. At least for me it has always been like that.

Posted via CB10
    The user doesn't know the password, so I assume that it's not a lock screen as he wouldn't be able to unlock it. Also he's not connecting it to link
    03-10-14 12:35 PM
    Maybe. you can easily forget the password when you unlock with the picture password but installed a device password before. Sorry couldn't help..

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:41 PM
    It's good from the security aspect. No others can connect and do stuffs on your device...be happy about it

Via The Monster Z30
    03-10-14 12:43 PM
    The user doesn't know the password, so I assume that it's not a lock screen as he wouldn't be able to unlock it. Also he's not connecting it to link
    Does the user have a computer of there own to set up Link on?
    Maybe, even though unpaired, something is still looking for a computer and keeps trying a last known.
    I'm trying to think of an app that would want to check a paired computer..... maybe File Manager?

It's good from the security aspect. No others can connect and do stuffs on your device...be happy about it

Via The Monster Z30
    The problem is it is not his device, it's someone he was helping swap devices using his computer and BBLink.
    03-10-14 05:43 PM
    I had that problem both when restoring my Z10 from backup after using autoloader to install 10.2.1.1925 and when transferring to my new z30 that I used autoloader on before using BB link to switch to the z30. Both times just deleting the computer account and synching with the computer using BB link solved the issue.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-10-14 05:52 PM
    I had that problem both when restoring my Z10 from backup after using autoloader to install 10.2.1.1925 and when transferring to my new z30 that I used autoloader on before using BB link to switch to the z30. Both times just deleting the computer account and synching with the computer using BB link solved the issue.

Posted via CB10
    can you elaborate a bit? deleting the computer account on the device or in BBLink somewhere?
    Did you then sync with bblink on the SAME computer?
    03-11-14 09:06 AM
    Try installing the newest version of Link. I think that fixed the problem for me.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    03-11-14 09:34 AM