I just got one last month and it's the most efficient phone I've ever had. I also have a Classic, Passport, and Priv but the Z30 is just easier to use and smoother functionality than the rest.

I went into a Microsoft store today to check out the Lumia 950. It is a very sleek phone. I was debating to return my Z30 and with some extra cash get the Lumia. But after the visit, from my own experience the Z30 isn't worth giving up for that phone. The messenger absolutely sucks on the Lumia and on BlackBerry the keyboard/messenger is absolutely immaculate. After using a blackberry virtual keyboard it's almost impossible to go back to other mediocre keyboards.

2013 was the release date and still to this very day it holds up in this market compared to other phones. What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 12:05 AM
    I just got one last month and it's the most efficient phone I've ever had. I also have a Classic, Passport, and Priv but the Z30 is just easier to use and smoother functionality than the rest.

I went into a Microsoft store today to check out the Lumia 950. It is a very sleek phone. I was debating to return my Z30 and with some extra cash get the Lumia. But after the visit, from my own experience the Z30 isn't worth giving up for that phone. The messenger absolutely sucks on the Lumia and on BlackBerry the keyboard/messenger is absolutely immaculate. After using a blackberry virtual keyboard it's almost impossible to go back to other mediocre keyboards.

2013 was the release date and still to this very day it holds up in this market compared to other phones. What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    Yup... if only Chen had decided to actually tell people about it... oh, and release a version supportive of all common frequency bands in the US market... Oh well...
    02-11-16 12:17 AM
    Yup... if only Chen had decided to actually tell people about it... oh, and release a version supportive of all common frequency bands in the US market... Oh well...
    Z30 was on Heinz's watch not Chen's... you can't blame him for everything lol.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    thedose and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-11-16 12:37 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Lol, if he's ever dismissed or leaves they'll just blame it on the next guy.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 12:40 AM
    I always found the Z30 a great device.

Being an engineer myself I learned at the university, the primary responsibility of an engineer is always to make compromises (between requirements, resources and costs). And the Z30 looks to me as a very sophisticated buildup of good compromises of it's time and even still. Especially it has the right size, this is something the Passport has not. That's why the Z30 is still a mobile phone, you can hold and carry it, you can put it into a pocket. It is robust and very solid.

I always found the Z30 would also be a good starting point for successors (some more pixels in camera and on the screen, water protection). Unfortunately it has never got a real successor and I call this a strategic mistake.
    02-11-16 01:03 AM
    I use my Z30 as a backup phone and primarily use it on WiFi at home, sort of like a mini tablet. This is because I really like the keyboard shortcuts available on the Q series.

But I have to say, that the Z30 is one smooth device that has been trouble free. The size seemed large at first but now I'm very used to it.

All in all, it is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and crackberry_geek like this.
    02-11-16 03:21 AM
    Yep, I'd agree the Z30 was probably the nicest BB10 device to hold. Well designed. I wouldn't say ahead of its time, however.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 03:31 AM
    I love my Z30 since the first day.
    And it's the only phone I know with real stereo speakers.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    nt300 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    02-11-16 04:41 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Wrong.

It was announced in Sep 2013... a mere 6 weeks before Chen's watch.

So... While their best device ever was designed on Heinz's watch (kudos to him for that)... it was Chen who refused to tell the world about it... and Chen who refused to update it... and Chen who threw temper tantrums with carriers and blew those relationships...
    nt300, melb_me, BuryLancs and 2 others like this.
    02-11-16 09:19 AM
    Wrong.

It was announced in Sep 2013... a mere 6 weeks before Chen's watch.

So... While their best device ever was designed on Heinz's watch (kudos to him for that)... it was Chen who refused to tell the world about it... and Chen who refused to update it... and Chen who threw temper tantrums with carriers and blew those relationships...
    Considering Heins (he's not the heir to the ketchup company lol) didn't even have a launch event for it, your anger is misdirected.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and Dave Bourque like this.
    02-11-16 02:07 PM
    Considering Heins (he's not the heir to the ketchup company lol) didn't even have a launch event for it, your anger is misdirected.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Blaming Chen is like blaming a random guy on the street with regarding the Z30. Everything after can be blamed on Chen

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    thedose and tufcustomer like this.
    02-11-16 02:19 PM
    Exactly. Blaming Chen is like blaming a random guy on the street with regarding the Z30. Everything after can be blamed on Chen

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Even the stuff after is a product of circumstance. Heins and Chen both inherited a brand with severely damaged public perception. If you want to blame someone, blame the original crew for resting on their laurels and letting the competition overtake them.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 03:24 PM
    I think you're absolutely right.

The problem I've had is my Z30 running a little slow due to the amount of apps I have. Other than that it I have not had a one problem with it.

Long live BBOS10!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 03:39 PM
    Best ever smart phones have ever had, so much quality and style. Very reliable and super performance. I keep trying my wife's Samsung GS6 and my son's IPhone 6 and always go back to my Z30.

If we could have run all official Android apps from the start, this would have been a game changer for BB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-11-16 04:59 PM
    I'll echo most of the posts in saying the Z30 has been an absolute dream in terms of durability and functionality.

This is the longest I've had a single BlackBerry device in hand as I often switch within 2 years but with Z30, I don't feel as though the device is outdated. Battery life after 2 years is still amazing, sound from the speakers are still loader then most phones on the market today and I have all the apps I need working.

That being said, my employer is offering me the use of a PRIV for free, so I'll be moving off my Z30 in the next week or so. I hope the switch to Android won't be too painful.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-11-16 05:18 PM
    I really believe BlackBerry made their best all touch phone, and while one can say it was ahead of its time, I would say BlackBerry made a great phone almost by accident. The sad thing is I really do not think there will be another.

From a Z30

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 and crackberry_geek like this.
    02-11-16 05:24 PM
    The Z30 is awesome, and I wish they had made a successor.

I lay on the blame on Moses though, for he insisted the people be let go, and dropped the tablet before BB10 could be installed.
    02-12-16 09:21 PM
    I love my Z30

Posted by my awesome Z30
    02-12-16 10:58 PM
    It was an okay phone at best. Screen resolution and the quality of the display were quite poor. Chipset was meh. Audio was great and the size/feel was good. Chin was garbage since it was painted plastic.
    02-12-16 11:56 PM
    I got my AT&T Passport last July and it became my daily driver immediately. I even bought Sim adapters because I wasn't sure I could make the jump all at once, but it wasn't tough at all and today I brought out my Z30 and decided to charge it and play with it a bit. It wasn't long before I switched my Sim and decided to take it with me for the day. I had forgotten how easy this beauty is to use and it took no time at all to recall how to get back into using the virtual keyboard. Off and on all day I kept thinking about how awesome it would have to have a new full touch BB10 device. Imagine a new Z30, but with a slide out keyboard. Anyways, I'm glad I didn't sell it, I'm really having fun enjoying the different form factor and I agree that it definitely holds its own among any of the newer devices.

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx and FF22 like this.
    02-13-16 12:15 AM
    I have to agree with muellerto...

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2836
    02-13-16 12:27 AM
    The Z30 is awesome, and I wish they had made a successor.

I lay on the blame on Moses though, for he insisted the people be let go, and dropped the tablet before BB10 could be installed.
    Now that's good funny!!
    02-13-16 12:50 AM
    I wouldn't really say ahead of its time, but it certainly was ahead of the rest. I'm still using mine and will use it for the foreseeable future, I'm giving my upgrade to my wife as she has somehow gotten it into her head that she wants a super crappy iPhone and there aren't any phones that I have seen of late that are as nice as the Z30.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    vanrickman likes this.
    02-13-16 05:05 AM
    Z30 best phone coming from BB 9900. The day I bought mine the salesperson suggested a LG G whatever . I said no thank you I just want the Z30. I never used BB 10 before that day, my gosh I was blown away by how simple and straightforward it is gestures and all. I can't put it down, I might have a condition. This was 2 years ago and it's still in my hands. Yes simply the best phone. I will enjoy it for another few years, even get a back up just because it's still that good. Has not slowed down, battery life still like day one. New phones are all hype, all phones make calls, send messages, surf. Long live my Z30, long live.

Bold 9900 > Z30
    02-13-16 07:08 AM
    Z30? I have had mine since the fall of 2013. Best phone I have ever had. Too bad there will never be an updated version of the Z30-I would buy it in a heart beat......
    vanrickman likes this.
    02-13-16 05:42 PM
55 123