Lets say I'm in the phone screen, when I tap a number and select add to contacts the phone keeps showing me twitter and bbm contacts and not my address book contacts..

How do I turn off the twitter and bbm contacts.. I already turned them off from my address book.
    07-19-14 10:27 AM
    Strange. Reboot?

• Hold the top buttom untill you see the BlackBerry logo - IGNORE screen prompts to lock/reboot.

After that, double check the contacts app if only the right accounts are showing and give it another try.
    07-19-14 12:12 PM
    Strange. Reboot?

• Hold the top buttom untill you see the BlackBerry logo - IGNORE screen prompts to lock/reboot.

After that, double check the contacts app if only the right accounts are showing and give it another try.
    Did it, but it's taking a year to boot, loading screen is on 100% now for the last 5 minutes.
    07-19-14 12:34 PM
    I don't know if this solves your issue, but I went through my contacts and Linked them together so I wouldn't have multiple contacts of the same person from various accounts. (fb, LinkedIn, Gmail, Live, ect..) It really cleaned up my Contacts list.
    07-19-14 12:53 PM
    Had to reboot the phone for it to come up.. it was stuck on loading screen..

Problem is still there..
    07-19-14 01:33 PM
    I don't know if this solves your issue, but I went through my contacts and Linked them together so I wouldn't have multiple contacts of the same person from various accounts. (fb, LinkedIn, Gmail, Live, ect..) It really cleaned up my Contacts list.
    Till they start breeding again.

You must locate the issue. I'd suggest a device wipe and clear slate so you can test what's causing it, but I know it's usually too much trouble for most people.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:34 AM
    Till they start breeding again.

You must locate the issue. I'd suggest a device wipe and clear slate so you can test what's causing it, but I know it's usually too much trouble for most people.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's annoying that I have to do it every time I do a wipe or load an OS. I find that if the names are exactly the same on the various accounts, they will link themselves. It seems like I always lose a few phone numbers and gain a couple of weird contacts and/or contact info placed in weird places even when I do a backup and restore...
    07-20-14 09:05 AM
    Yeah, it's annoying that I have to do it every time I do a wipe or load an OS. I find that if the names are exactly the same on the various accounts, they will link themselves. It seems like I always lose a few phone numbers and gain a couple of weird contacts and/or contact info placed in weird places even when I do a backup and restore...
    If you use gmail or any other online way to sync contacts, I suggest you double check them there before you start the sync. More often than not, you have issues at the source.

EDIT: See what I mean? I just checked now. I had one duplicated contact on my gmail. Untill fixing it there, it would still be showing it duplicated on the Z30.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-20-14 10:12 AM
    Had to reboot the phone for it to come up.. it was stuck on loading screen..

Problem is still there..
    You could try removing all accounts and rebooting your phone while in Airplane mode. Give it five minutes and go into the contacts app and manually delete all stuff you find. Reboot again. Turn airplane mode off. Add the accounts again. Give it another five minutes to sync again.

I am assuming you don't have any local-only contacts though. If you do, then skip the "manually delete all stuff you find".
    07-20-14 10:39 AM
    You are a 10.2.1 version that is bugged. This issue is solved with the latest OS.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-20-14 10:57 AM
    You are a 10.2.1 version that is bugged. This issue is solved with the latest OS.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

Figured as much as their are other bugs in the contact app.
    07-20-14 03:28 PM