How do I transfer my Z10 to my Z30? Here's the deal: I have a Z10 from AT&T and just bought a used, unlocked Z30. AT&T does not carry the Z30. I got an STA-100-5 because it is supposed to have lte In Memphis. I backed up the Z10 on Link and did the device switch. Always works like a charm. But not this time. A lot of my info did not transfer. Text messages, email accounts, settings, contacts are a few things that didn't transfer that I noticed. Apparently because of the different OS versions. Both have the most current OS for their respective platforms, Z10 has 10.2.1.3014 and Z30 has 10.2.1.3247. But, of course, they are different. Can I update both of them with the same OS version and have it work like that? That said, which version should I use? Is the new "leak" ok? Is there any other way to fix this issue? I have never sideloaded any android apps before or done anything like that, so some detailed direction for this techy ignoramus would be great. Kinda seems like Blackberry has dropped the ball. My wife and her oy!phone 6 didn't have such problems when she got hers the other day. It's disappointing that I can't even get the Z30 here on my own carrier and even more disappointing that I'm having this issue. But I'm trying to hang on to Blackberry and work it out. Someone please help!!
    10-24-14 05:54 PM
    The OS's for both are 10.2.1.xxxx so that isn't the issue. The issue with OS differences come when you move from 10.2.x.xxxx to 10.3.x.xxxx. I would try using Sachesi to back and restore the data and settings.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    10-24-14 06:43 PM
    So, then, would I be correct in assuming that Link just sucks? I'm going to try to do the Sachesi thing.
    10-24-14 10:33 PM
    Yes, Link sucks. i don't use it at all. i use a an app called Contacts Pro to back up my contacts and Sachesi for everything else.
    10-24-14 10:45 PM
    Ok so I installed sachesi but I have no idea what to do now. This is greek to me. I guess I'm supposed to try to do a backup but none of the backup buttons allow me to push them. I checked the three boxes. What do I need to do?
    10-25-14 01:28 PM
    So I guess I didn't install Sachesi. I clicked on the Windows 7 download and it wouldn't open it, so I had to download winzip to open Sachesi. But if I close it, it doesn't seem to be anywhere. This seems to be more trouble than it's worth. No wonder people hate Blackberrys I don't know anyone who would go through the time and effort I'm going through to transfer their info from one phone to another. And neither phone is broken. I'm not a computer genius, but I'm not a moron either. This is ridiculous. Anyone know of how to possibly do this? Easily?
    10-25-14 01:58 PM
    Sachesi is a very easy program to get and use. It works great. Not sure why you can't download it. It downloads and unzips like anything else I've ever unzip. What are you doing as far as the process.

As far as people hating BlackBerrys, I don't know of anyone that hates them.
    10-25-14 06:42 PM
    Visited a friend the other day who I had not seen in six months. Long story short I waited for him for 7 bloody hours as he tried to get his data from his old I phone to his new one, then I left.

I don't know what it is about phone desktop software (no matter what the brand)

But it all SUCKS!

P.S he's no techno twit

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:03 PM