Hi All

I've had my z10 for about 8 months now and I love it. It's the only phone I've had for which the novelty didn't wear off after a few weeks of use, it's genuinely more practical than any of my previous devices (iPhone and BlackBerry bolds). As a heavy messenger, the hub is the number one feature for me.

The main downside is the batterry life, I often completely drain the batterry if I am out of the office all day at meetings and travelling or even on a night out. I've established that my battery is in healthy condition and I've put the conservation tips learned here to good use. The loss of battery is simply due to my very heavy use of the device's messaging and browsing features which are essential to me.

My question is how my of an uplift (percentage wise) can I expect if I switch to the z30? The cost for me will be around 300 GBP. I did check out the z30 at my local Vodafone store and wasn't enamored with the look and feel of the device. It may be a little big for me, I didn't like the silver bottom and I prefer the feel of the z10 back plate. It's also disappointing that I wouldn't be getting an upgraded camera for my money, 8 mp is not enough for a screen that big. However, in the interest of productivity, I will upgrade if the batterry life improvement is significant.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:15 PM
    It's quite amazing, I go from 8 am to 12 am so approximately 16 hours of medium/heavy use and I still have 10-20 percent at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:24 PM
    The battery is brilliant! I used to get through two batteries a day with my z10. My z30 runs for the full day heavy use and lasts until around 11pm at night with juice still in the tank. It has only run dry once on me and that was after lots and lots of calls during the day and it still went to 9pm. I is bigger but you get used to it and the keyboard is bigger and makes typing easier. I recommend it

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:34 PM
    Hi All
    It's also disappointing that I wouldn't be getting an upgraded camera for my money, 8 mp is not enough for a screen that big. However, in the interest of productivity, I will upgrade if the batterry life improvement is significant.

Look forward to your thought.
    Posted via CB10
    Do you realize that the Z30's screen is 720x1280, so the total number of megapixels it can display is less than 1MP?
    12-01-13 05:08 PM
    Do you realize that the Z30's screen is 720x1280, so the total number of megapixels it can display is less than 1MP?
    8 mega pixels is enough for me, but perhaps OP wants to zoom in on photos? Not sure what that has to do with the screen size, though.

Posted from my Z10
    12-01-13 06:50 PM
    Do you use your phone one handedly or two?
    I have the Z30 and battery life is very good, but since you are considering to upgrade just because of the battery life...
    It is difficult to recommend unless you are ok with the big screen and don't use your phone one handedly.

You can also purchase a spare battery for your z10. (no that you can't for z30)

Anyway, benefits of z30 are long battery life, bigger screen which may boost your productivity, plus roomier keyboard and better speakers

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:17 PM
    If you prefer the look and feel of the Z10, save yourself lots of coin and just buy the spare battery kit. The battery swap over, from shutting the phone down, to the point where the phone is back on and the Hub is fully functional, takes just a tick over 3 minutes. Swapping the battery only takes about 15 seconds, the rest is shutdown/boot-up time.

The Z30 is, by all accounts, a superior phone. The battery is 60% larger, and the Super AMOLED display is very efficient, especially if you use the dark theme where possible. I would say you could count on 60% longer run time, maybe a little more. I've only just had one added to the fleet, so I don't have any real experience yet.

Bottom line is this: I doubt the battery on the 30 lasts twice as long as the 10, and it's a lot more expensive than a spare battery kit.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:30 AM
    If you prefer the look and feel of the Z10, save yourself lots of coin and just buy the spare battery kit. The battery swap over, from shutting the phone down, to the point where the phone is back on and the Hub is fully functional, takes just a tick over 3 minutes. Swapping the battery only takes about 15 seconds, the rest is shutdown/boot-up time.

The Z30 is, by all accounts, a superior phone. The battery is 60% larger, and the Super AMOLED display is very efficient, especially if you use the dark theme where possible. I would say you could count on 60% longer run time, maybe a little more. I've only just had one added to the fleet, so I don't have any real experience yet.

Bottom line is this: I doubt the battery on the 30 lasts twice as long as the 10, and it's a lot more expensive than a spare battery kit.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. buying an extra battery, or the battery charging kit is the way to go. remember that on the Z30, you can't EVER swap out the battery; so once it's done, so are you without a recharge. not so with the z10! just my two penny's.
    12-02-13 12:44 AM
    I agree. buying an extra battery, or the battery charging kit is the way to go. remember that on the Z30, you can't EVER swap out the battery; so once it's done, so are you without a recharge. not so with the z10! just my two penny's.
    Except that isn't true for the Z30 either. You just plug in a battery bundle. Which is 2100mah for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:46 AM
    Except that isn't true for the Z30 either. You just plug in a battery bundle. Which is 2100mah for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    obviously!
    12-02-13 01:03 AM
    obviously!
    "Once it's done you are without a recharge "

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:03 AM