question says it all folks.
    Or should I just sit and wait for the official release?
    Z30 with Telus right now.

Aaaand...if it is worthwhile to load it, is the a 'best' or 'latest' release to try? (after of course doing a full back up)

Thanks as always for any input. Have had several BB's (z30 is I think my 4th) but am basically a useless newb at deciphering what's best to load, etc.

Appreciate you help.

Cheers,
    12-06-14 02:59 PM
    I would recommend that you upgrade to the 10.3.1.1154 leak using the "Blitz" method. Here is a link to the thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-978749/

I have it on my Z10 and the wife has it on her Z30. It works well and is stable. If it wasn't stable on her phone, she would let me know quickly.
    12-06-14 03:05 PM
    question says it all folks.
    Or should I just sit and wait for the official release?
    Z30 with Telus right now.

Aaaand...if it is worthwhile to load it, is the a 'best' or 'latest' release to try? (after of course doing a full back up)

Thanks as always for any input. Have had several BB's (z30 is I think my 4th) but am basically a useless newb at deciphering what's best to load, etc.

Appreciate you help.

Cheers,
    It is worth it to some, not worth it to others. You have to make your own choice here.
    12-06-14 03:10 PM
    I think it's worth it if you run a lot of Android apps. The Android player is faster and runs more apps.
    12-06-14 06:38 PM
    Just be sure to back up your device prior to loading any OS leaks. Do you "need" the upgrade? No. Being a "newb" could also take you some time as well to get it done. Although it's all pretty straight forward and isn't all that difficult.
    Is it nice to have, sure, but not necessarily needed if you are already happy and willing to wait a month or so. Also be sure to find out as much as you can before pulling the trigger on an OS.

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    12-07-14 12:39 AM
    Are any features missing if I upload the leak? Any issues?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 02:48 AM
    Are any features missing if I upload the leak? Any issues?

Posted via CB10
    No Flash on the browser. A lot of mainstream websites have been slow to migrate from Flash to HTML5 for embedded video. If you use a lot of websites with multimedia and video content, try turning off Flash in your existing browser and viewing the relevant pages to see how the new browser will affect your experience.

Also, notification volume levels are variable. Default notification tones are just about loud enough, imported mp3s etc can be very quiet.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:30 AM
    I tend to install most leaks (or at least every second one). Since I use the autoloader method and I don't restore any information, I can spend a whole day (on and off) reinstalling and reconfiguring so I tend not to want to do that all that often.

Anyways, I am quite happy with .1154 as it was much, much better than .1151 which was just awful on my Z30 (it probably had the most issues I've ever had with a leak for some reason).

Android app performance is about as good as I have seen (apps runs fast and installs from Snap or Amazon are also quick as with previous releases, they tend to hang). Android app notifications are also working for the first time ever! (When I install Android apps, I get a notice that they are installed, complete with graphic in the Hub and I've never seen that before).

Camera performance is back. On most all previous leaks, it hanged a lot and I had to reduce the resolution down to 4:3 to get decent performance but now it works as it should.

All in all, I can live with .1154 until an official release and I don't think I'll update to another leak unless some wild new crazy feature gets introduced (and I don't think that's going to happen at this point as I can't see them holding back features so close to release).

The downside (unfortunately) is that everyone's experience with leaks can be different even if they are using the exact same phone with the exact same installation method so while I may be quite happy with .1154, others may not (which I can only assume depends on what people actually end up putting on their phone that may cause some conflicts that others don't have).

But .1154 gets my vote for sure. I'd love to install it on my old Z10 which I sold to a friend as it still has 10.2.1 on it and it is quite slow so I'd like to see if it brings any performance gains.
    12-07-14 06:38 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Thinking of going for the leak as its getting frustrating waiting for the official version. It's mainly just for something to do!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:37 AM
    oddest thing...
    followed the instructions here for the 1154
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-978749/

and it appeared to load all ok. Phone comes back up and is massively over heating...oh, and is frozen on the hub. Cannot do anything.

back home I do a restore (did the back up shortly before trying the leak) and it "restores" me to 10.3.1.747 according the my phone - whereas previously I was just at the run of the mill 10.2.1.blah blah.

everything seems to be working fine...and CCcamcard now works (before this is was automatically unfocusing the second you tried to do a photo)

only thing weird is the home screen now is just black and showing the date. All icons are one screen over.
    12-07-14 03:28 PM
    If I were you I'd wait for the official release. No need to risk messing things up on my phone. Even though most people said the leaks are stable and working good, I wouldn't get them. My advice is wait for the official release, you are more guaranteed to get a good working software.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:33 PM