...Because the Storm-era business model worked so well and really turned it around for the company, so let's revisit that strategy.

Preposterous.

Earth2BBRY: from one of your biggest fans, screw you.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-28-13 01:29 PM
    So it's confirmed this is not a temporary exclusive?
    10-28-13 01:31 PM
    Maybe they were the only ones willing to carry it

Posted from my Z10
    10-28-13 01:31 PM
    Is the phone exclusive or is white and wireless charging exclusive to vzw?
    10-28-13 01:36 PM
    Temporary or permanent, I will argue with anyone to the sky on this one...

Verizon always has gotten exclusives and deserves it least in terms of support and delivery of stable OS releases. If BBRY was going to go exclusive they should have picked T-Mobile. Dead serious. BUT, I still think exclusivity wasn't cool regardless of carrier.

SK122387 likes this.
    10-28-13 01:44 PM
    ^LOL wasn't Verizon the last carrier to bring 10.1 to the Z10?
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-28-13 01:46 PM
    ^LOL wasn't Verizon the last carrier to bring 10.1 to the Z10?
    Yup my point exactly

10-28-13 01:57 PM
    Yup my point exactly
    So we agree on them deserving it the least. Personally, I don't like carrier exclusives at all, so I prefer no permanent exclusives. However, if the temporary exclusive is somehow tangibly helping BB and is reasonably temporary, I don't have a problem with that.
    10-28-13 02:05 PM
    A carrier exclusive, no matter what the duration, usually is done to push a device that is new or would probably sell poorly without the aggressive support a single carrier. Think of the original Android phone, original iPhone, Palm Pre, etc. It's a sign of handset weakness.
    10-28-13 02:09 PM
    A carrier exclusive, no matter what the duration, usually is done to push a device that is new or would probably sell poorly without the aggressive support a single carrier. Think of the original Android phone, original iPhone, Palm Pre, etc. It's a sign of handset weakness.
    Interesting. The Nexus 4 is also a one carrier exclusive in the US.
    10-28-13 02:21 PM
    Too bad they picked the "carrier" more like ruiner, that will smear BlackBerry's name by keeping it on an early OS build of 10.2 for a gosh forsaken amount of time. Storm 3 anyone? zStorm.

Incoming: Device returns due to glitches. Why does BlackBerry keep assuming Verizon is the way to go because they're the largest? Who cares if you get more sales upfront when many more will likely return it on Big Red?

10-28-13 08:48 PM
    Excerpt from CNET:

Verizon to sell BlackBerry Z30 exclusively in Nov. for $200 | Mobile - CNET News

It appears as if Verizon's "exclusive" arrangement is less about having locked up a deal with BlackBerry, and more about the lack of interest from rival carriers. Sprint, for instance, was previously slated to offer a touch-screen BlackBerry, but has since backed off from those plans.

Bhardwaj declined to comment about getting the Z30 on other carriers, but noted that BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone.

"We're not solely tied to Verizon," Bhardwaj said.

As such, it doesn't appear as if Verizon will be providing any special promotional or marketing support for the Z30. Bhardwaj declined to comment, referring the question back to the carrier. He also declined to talk too much about BlackBerry's own promotional effort, but seemed to hint the campaign would focus more on the new BlackBerry 10.2 platform than on an individual device.

A Verizon representative only noted there was an opt-in page for interested consumers looking to buy the Z30, but didn't provide any more insight into any planned campaigns.
    Sounds like a pretty soft exclusivity arrangement.
    10-28-13 08:58 PM
    Online only? From press release.

" Coming in November, the BlackBerry Z30 smartphone with 5-inch HD display will be available online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $199.99 with new two-year activation"
    10-28-13 09:03 PM
    From Vivek, sounds like VZW was the only one who wanted it. Basically, they got exclusivity because tmo and the rest said no. Plus, VzW is the largest enterprise carrier, and that's BBRY's focus.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:42 PM
    Temporary or permanent, I will argue with anyone to the sky on this one...

Verizon always has gotten exclusives and deserves it least in terms of support and delivery of stable OS releases. If BBRY was going to go exclusive they should have picked T-Mobile. Dead serious. BUT, I still think exclusivity wasn't cool regardless of carrier.

Great idea, give it to the carrier that just took all BlackBerry phones off their showroom floor.

Posted via CB10
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-29-13 12:00 AM
    From Vivek, sounds like VZW was the only one who wanted it. Basically, they got exclusivity because tmo and the rest said no. Plus, VzW is the largest enterprise carrier, and that's BBRY's focus.

Posted via CB10
    the sprint version of the Z30 has passed through the FCC.
    10-29-13 01:11 AM
    For those in TMO remember to ask them to support the z30 in their twitter and Facebook

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:13 AM
    If T-Mobile and everyone else said no, BlackBerry should say YES and put this thing on their website.

I know it's just a phone, but it's a really cool phone, I want one, and now it's looking harder and harder for me to be able to get one.

This exclusive nonsense is crazy, and all I can hope is that VZW is cutting BlackBerry a big check for this, though I kind of doubt it by the roundabout comments Vivek made (haha I said his name like we are on a first name basis, as if I know him).

Exclusives have always bothered me, though luckily I have always been able to get the BlackBerry I wanted somehow.

This sounds crazy, but literally every morning for the past few weeks, the first thing I check (on my Z10 or Q10, of course) is the CrackBerry app, to see if there's any news about BlackBerry offering the Z30 on their website. It's gotten to the point of being sick.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-29-13 01:14 AM
    If T-Mobile and everyone else said no, BlackBerry should say YES and put this thing on their website.

I know it's just a phone, but it's a really cool phone, I want one, and now it's looking harder and harder for me to be able to get one.

This exclusive nonsense is crazy, and all I can hope is that VZW is cutting BlackBerry a big check for this, though I kind of doubt it by the roundabout comments Vivek made (haha I said his name like we are on a first name basis, as if I know him).

Exclusives have always bothered me, though luckily I have always been able to get the BlackBerry I wanted somehow.

This sounds crazy, but literally every morning for the past few weeks, the first thing I check (on my Z10 or Q10, of course) is the CrackBerry app, to see if there's any news about BlackBerry offering the Z30 on their website. It's gotten to the point of being sick.
    maybe blackberry got strong armed into the Verizon exclusive deal.
    10-29-13 01:17 AM
    maybe blackberry got strong armed into the Verizon exclusive deal.
    How would that have even happened?

"Give it to us exclusively or suffer the bad press that comes with no one wanting to carry your phone!" ??

I don't see how BlackBerry could have been forced into doing this.

BlackBerry could have taken matters into their own hands and attempted to spin this positively. Like...

"For the first time ever, BlackBerry will launch its latest flagship device, unlocked and compatible with all U.S. carriers, directly through ShopBlackBerry.com." blahblahblah etc. etc.

An even better announcement would be that an update is IMMEDIATELY available for BlackBerry World, which enables BlackBerry users to purchase things directly through BlackBerry World on their current devices, using a credit card or PayPal.

This would be followed by some BlackBerry exec saying, "BlackBerry wanted to open its sales channels in the best and biggest way, and what better way to do it than offering the best way to buy the biggest and best BlackBerry we've ever made?" You know, something corporate like that.

A REAL exclusive could have been that the Z30 is ONLY available to people who buy it through BlackBerry World (for a week or something).

This would probably get some negative attention too ("BlackBerry World: No Instagram or Netflix, But You Can Buy A Z30," I can see it now), but I think BlackBerry users would feel a little special knowing that they were the only ones who could buy the latest and greatest first.

Maybe BlackBerry could have even had a "enter your PlayBook's PIN in for a discount on your Z30 at checkout"
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-29-13 02:34 AM
    Great idea, give it to the carrier that just took all BlackBerry phones off their showroom floor.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm not so sure Verizon isn't close to doing the same.

But I digress/concede.

10-29-13 06:16 AM
    I just want them to sell an unlocked version for T-Mobile on their website. I'd rather the Z10 not be my last BlackBerry but if I can't get my hands on a Z30 it may just be.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-29-13 07:20 AM
    Vzn has always been the biggest supporter of BlackBerry, even when the Storm failed them twice and they ordered 1 million Z10 off the bat (I'm guessing)

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:20 AM