Folks,
    I woke up to a bad screen this am! Its like a connection went bad between the phone and the screen. It is barely visible with different color lines running from top to bottom. It has also just been pinkish. It hasn't been dropped or sat on. All was good when I plugged it in last night. Ive done a reset, will try to restore to factory. Any ideas??!! This sucks. The phone is only a couple of months old!! WTF?
    06-04-14 06:42 AM
    Did you sleep on your phone?

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    06-04-14 06:44 AM
    Nope.
    06-04-14 06:51 AM
    What type of phone is it? And did you buy it brand new or second hand?

06-04-14 07:03 AM
    brand new z30 from VZW
    06-04-14 07:04 AM
    Did you pay for device protection? I think you should bring it In to the store for repair doesn't seem like something simple to be fixed easily.

06-04-14 07:13 AM
    My brother faced similar issue with his Motorola G, the screen had grey lines (translucent).
    You can see the screen but its like a layer of grey lines above the screen.

Had to replace the phone, luckily got a replacement!
    06-04-14 07:23 AM
    Folks,
    I woke up to a bad screen this am! Its like a connection went bad between the phone and the screen. It is barely visible with different color lines running from top to bottom. It has also just been pinkish. It hasn't been dropped or sat on. All was good when I plugged it in last night. Ive done a reset, will try to restore to factory. Any ideas??!! This sucks. The phone is only a couple of months old!! WTF?
    Hmm sounds like humidity, pressure or a bad connection luckily for you it is a super easy fix. I know I cracked the screen of my device and it wasn't even a week old.
    First open it up don't be afraid it is very easy and screen comes right off with just one cable holding it in place. Check of the connection is solid they can disconnect if you drop your phone you know. What you describe can also happen when you have your phone on a right pocket. Then check image on screen if it is still snowing lines then you can fo ahead and order this.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...irect%3Dmobile
    Like I said replacement is super easy any beginner can do it. Yeah it will put you down about 100$ or you can.go ahead and see if you still have blackberry warranty and wait about 3 weeks for a turn around.
    Good luck

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    06-04-14 08:04 AM
    Very simple fix - just take the device to any Verizon Corporate store for replacement. They typically warrant their new cell phones for 12 months from defects.

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    06-04-14 08:39 AM
    Very simple fix - just take the device to any Verizon Corporate store for replacement. They typically warrant their new cell phones for 12 months from defects.

Posted via CB10
    Just call Verizon 611. If they need a rep to verify the problem they will tell you to go to a store, otherwise it's a wasted trip since they won't do in store exchange (even if they stocked the Z30 in store).

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 09:27 AM
    Hmm sounds like humidity, pressure or a bad connection luckily for you it is a super easy fix. I know I cracked the screen of my device and it wasn't even a week old.
    First open it up don't be afraid it is very easy and screen comes right off with just one cable holding it in place. Check of the connection is solid they can disconnect if you drop your phone you know. What you describe can also happen when you have your phone on a right pocket. Then check image on screen if it is still snowing lines then you can fo ahead and order this.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...irect%3Dmobile
    Like I said replacement is super easy any beginner can do it. Yeah it will put you down about 100$ or you can.go ahead and see if you still have blackberry warranty and wait about 3 weeks for a turn around.
    Good luck

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    If they refuse to replace your device, you should fix the screen yourself. But why not get a new one to guarantee you won't break anything else?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-04-14 12:47 PM
    Ok, went to VZW this am. Getting the new one tomorrow am. The phone was only 4 months old. I have not dropped it, or gotten it wet at all. I'm very careful with 600 dollar phones lol. I hope this isn't a problem with the Z30s...BB already has enough problems...
    06-04-14 02:30 PM
    I've been having my VZW Z30 since launch with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 07:39 PM