I have just "returned" to Blackberry from a dalliance with an Android whose screen let me down after 4 months. One negative I have found with the native BB10 is having to use a USB cable to sync contacts & calendar to Outlook 2007 on my PC - I do not have access to BES or any corporate structure as I work on my own. While on Android I used "Akruto sync" which synced over my own Wi-Fi network - no cloud involved. I also used a product called "Tasks & Notes" that synced my Tasks and Notes with Outlook.

This product is not officially supported on BB10 but I am delighted to say that, having installed "Snap" I was able to find it on "My Apps" and it installed and is running without any issues. To me this is the missing link in managing my diary.

Automatically Sync Outlook Across All Devices | AkrutoSync is the link to Akruto where you get a 7 day trial and then part with money. Not cheap but, once set up you forget it is there. I don't have any connection with Akruto other than a happy customer and I recall seeing the lack of Wi-Fi sync as an issue for other people when I checked the forums previously. Am using OS 10.2.1.2941

HTH
    m1kr0 likes this.
    06-13-14 04:23 AM
    Check to see if there is anyway to change you current email account to ActiveSync or IMAP.

If not...

• Get a free outlook.com account it does ActiveSync
    • Add the account to your Outlook Program
    • Export you contacts from your current account
    • Import them to your new outlook.com account
    • Export your calendar from your current account
    • Import them to your new outlook.com account
    • Once imported these should sync to outlook.com's servers and be available via the web interface or another device.

(you can also do all of the importing directly from the outlook.com web interface)

Might be possible to move your existing account to outlook.com and configure it so that replies appear to come from the old address - not sure, google will do this.
    06-13-14 10:04 AM
    Thanks for reply.

Call me old & cynical, but I have absolutely no trust in the cloud and allowing MS or google etc to have my emails or calendar / contacts! I also have several email addresses for different aspects of life / business. I have looked at IMAP and find that having my PC as the main repository for my emails more than satisfactory as my current data plans allows the phone to get new emails wherever I am.

Thanks again.
    C_McD likes this.
    06-13-14 10:21 AM
    Well, imo you're making things unnecessarily complicated for no good reason.
    Many people use the cloud these days for email & contacts storage and it works perfectly fine.

You are not stuck with gmail.com or outlook.com though, unless you're unwilling to pay a relatively small amount for the service.

If I may suggest:
    1) In case you don't have one already
    get your own domain to get an email address you own yourself, so like [email protected]
    2) Get a hosted, paid email service based on eg http://www.zimbra.com/ in the country you live in (check under partners) and redirect the email from your domain to this service.

Upload all your current email from Outlook 2007 into this account and you can then access it from both your phone and home PC.
    You might also be proud that you've joined the modern era ;-)

This solution would solve your issue, isn't expensive and works great on a BlackBerry or any other smartphone or desktop PC for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 11:22 AM
    kwenie,

Yep, i probably am a Luddite! Me join the modern era? Perish the thought!!

Seriously, I do have my own domain and will have a look at zimbra - I had not come across this before.

Thanks for the info.
    06-13-14 11:34 AM
    I'm curious if by chance you're still using AkrutoSync?

Looks to be a great solution while avoiding the cloud.

I assume you were not able to sync with Remember and hence the need for Outlook Tasks and Notes (Touchdown is the other app that Akruto recommends for that.)

I'm thinking of setting up my BB Z30 with AkrutoSync to evaluate it in anticipation to moving to the DTEK60.

Appreciate any thoughts/updates.
    12-10-16 10:40 AM
    Hi,

Yes, am still a very happy user of AkrutoSync although I am now an a Priv - so it should work fine on a DTEK60. No idea what "remember" does so have not tried same. Also use "tasks and notes" as suggested by Akruto although I do not use tasks in Outlook. The notes section works very well.

Hope this helps.
    12-10-16 04:15 PM